Rifle Scopes  Anyone using AX/591/SSHD 5-20?

trevor300wsm

Team Pantydropper
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Just curious if anyone was running this setup yet?
AX chassis
Surgeon 591 action
SSHD 5-20x50

I was going to try to get some scope rings ordered before the AX arrived, but I haven't found anyone using this exact setup yet. I'll probably get some Seekins rings, but hope to get lucky and get the right height the first time. Normally this isn't a issue, but I've never had a AX before and I know everyone is having to run higher than normal rings to clear the front.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,

SSG3K

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 31, 2003
    Mi
    Re: Anyone using AX/591/SSHD 5-20?

Not the same setup but similar 34mm tube 56mm obj Im using 1.125 and its perfect.

85f8f.jpg

Dont know if this helps or notbut I would go .250 on top of normal. So if you use an .885 badger go 1.135 or the next closest to start.

Clear as mud right????

Rich

trevor300wsm

Team Pantydropper
    Minuteman
    Nov 8, 2009
    Oklahoma

Chiller, no I haven't called Surgeon. I didn't figure they were running any SSHD's on their rigs. I alread have the barreled action and scope at home. Just waiting for the chassis.

SSG3K, thanks for the info and pic. The SSHD is a 30mm tube and 50mm objective, but atleast your pic gives me a good side view of the AX forend and height.

jasonk

Very Snipery
    Minuteman
    Feb 23, 2007
    Vancouver, Washington

Another option is the AI mount with 18moa built in. I'll try to remember to take a picture of my Rem 223 tonight, not a Surgeon, but you'll get the idea.

trevor300wsm

Team Pantydropper
    Minuteman
    Nov 8, 2009
    Oklahoma

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another option is the AI mount with 18moa built in. I'll try to remember to take a picture of my Rem 223 tonight, not a Surgeon, but you'll get the idea.</div></div>

Are you saying put the AI mount on top for the surgeon 20moa rail? The 591 has the rail already on it.

h4everything

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jul 24, 2007
    OK

Get your stuff and run over to Gene Sears and put it on there. They will have whatever takes .

trevor300wsm

Team Pantydropper
    Minuteman
    Nov 8, 2009
    Oklahoma

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h4everything</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get your stuff and run over to Gene Sears and put it on there. They will have whatever takes .</div></div>

That's a great idea, but Gene's is about 2.5 hours from me.

jasonk

Very Snipery
    Minuteman
    Feb 23, 2007
    Vancouver, Washington

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another option is the AI mount with 18moa built in. I'll try to remember to take a picture of my Rem 223 tonight, not a Surgeon, but you'll get the idea.</div></div>

Are you saying put the AI mount on top for the surgeon 20moa rail? The 591 has the rail already on it. </div></div>

Yes, I have mine on a 25moa Near base, still zeroed at 100 and plenty of room to go up!
    smile.gif