• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone Using Burris XTR Rings?

Franko

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 19, 2018
Southern California
I am considering getting a pair just in case I need the ability to add some extra elevation at a later date. Is anyone using them, and if so how happy are you with them?

I use them on my 300wm and I really like them. To me... being able to fine tune how much cant I may need is a huge plus. I like them so much that I may only use the XTR rings going forward. I was skeptical about them on a 300wm due to the recoil, but they have held 100% true after 200 rounds or so.

They are a good option. They do take a little longer to install trying to get everything setup perfectly but work well and won't even leave ring marks on your optic.

Reactions: Just Chuck
lOVE them esp with rimfire. Being ablt to max out the scope for those long shots was a big deal. I want to be able to dial 300 yards at least so with my 40x, I have a 20 moa base and another 10 moa in the rings and im able to dial to 400 now.

tan xtr2.JPG

GL
DT

Reactions: Pinmaster
Am I the only one that hates these rings? I get the benefit to custom tune your cant, but wow these are such a pain in the ass to install. And, oh by the way, your cant angle that is marked on the inserts is only accurate if you space them 6” center to center. I have a few Burris scopes that I like but would not recommend these rings.

Reactions: EddieE
I agree that they do take some time to setup correctly. But the ability to bottom out the scope so that you can use the full elevation more than offsets the minor work required to use the rings. I have 4 (so far) of the XTR Signature rings on various 22LR rifles.

I’ve got them on my 6.5 creedmoor and 223 Remington. Using canted scope bases and these rings I’ve got my scopes on both bottomed out for elevation, which I like. I also like that they don’t mar the scope up.

My only “complaint” would be that they could make a set lower...the lowest set is 1” in height

I’ve got a set on my 22lr set up with 5moa added to 20 moa rail. So I’ve got plenty of elevation to work with.

Am I the only one that hates these rings? I get the benefit to custom tune your cant, but wow these are such a pain in the ass to install. And, oh by the way, your cant angle that is marked on the inserts is only accurate if you space them 6” center to center. I have a few Burris scopes that I like but would not recommend these rings.

They can require some effort, but hate seems like a strong word... As I mentioned above, they take some work to get installed correctly. Definitely not a setup for trading between rifles or something similar. If you put them on and leave them they work well enough.

I've used them in the past. Never had issues with them slipping or not holding. Burris lists them as picatinny rings but they are actually Weaver spec. Will still fit a pic rail, just tend to slide back and forth in the cross slot.

Six screws per ring is over kill for me. But, I do have 2 sets that I'm using. There are plenty of high end rings using just 4 screws per pair, not sure why burris feels 6 are required. Besides this, they are well made and I have not seen any damage to my scopes from them.

Yes they are a pain to set up, but how often do you need to mount your scope in rings?

I've used the Signature rings on all of my rimfires and found the pros to far outweigh the small inconvenience of installing them.

Reactions: Just Chuck
I use them and really havn't had that much of a problem. I have a 25MOA rail so only added a 5MOA incline and that pretty much puts me at the lower side of vertical adjustment.

I too am a fan of the XTR Signature rings and for that matter all Burris Signature rings. I have 3 sets of XTR rings and several sets of 1" and 30mm Signature rings. I like and have tried other rings but I keep coming back to Burris for rings.

Might as well add my vote too. I've got a set on an ar15 that I love. I think they're set at about 25moa and my 4-16 viper has about a half rotation left to bottom. I didn't have much trouble at all setting them up and didn't notice any play as far as Weaver vs pic. spec.

Reactions: Alabusa
I just ordered two sets of these as two gen II pst Vipers 100% based on the fact that I can bottom out my scope. Both are going on rimfires that I compete with. We regularly shoot to 500 yards....... so bottoming our your scope is a HUGE advantage.

Will report back after everything is mounted up.

I received my first set of XTR Signatures for 1" tubes yesterday. Initial impressions are favorable. I've been using their "signature" line-Zee and Rimfire rings- for a while now, and I've never been disappointed.

I just came across this old post. I own one pair and really like the adjustability. To be completely accurate however, the +/- MOA markings on the plastic inserts are exactly "accurate" when the ring centers are spaced 4.75" apart, not 6" as stated above. The instructions include a chart that shows the actual MOA cants obtained when the rings are spaced anywhere from 3.5" to 6" apart. That allows for even finer tuning of your desired cant. 4.75" is where the plastic markings equal reality perfectly.

Reactions: Williwaw
I'll chime in. I'm a big fan of Signature rings. They never mar the scope's coating. But importantly, they can't put any stress on the scope if the rings aren't perfectly aligned. You have to lap standard rings to be assured they are aligned.

I've got them on nu B14 R with the Vortex Strike Eagle 34mm tube. No complaints - work as advertised.

OK - it does take a little extra care in getting them installed - but if that's too much for ya, go back to iron sights.

I got 4 sets. Been using them on rimfire for years. The only way to get cant in a scope on a rimfire I found before the current craze. Very handy to have around the gun room if you need them.

Reactions: D_TROS
I got 4 sets. Been using them on rimfire for years. The only way to get cant in a scope on a rimfire I found before the current craze. Very handy to have around the gun room if you need them.

THIS
esp useful with 1" scopes that have limited travel OR for rimfire LR shooting where you need to dial 20+ mils for 400 yards.

GL
DT

Reactions: Quickoz
These mate up to area419 rails without issue?
Yes. I have a set of the XTR rings on the Area 419 rail on my rimfire rifle. 30MOA of cant in the rail + 20MOA from the ring inserts for a total of 50.