• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone using Facebook?

Re: Anyone using Facebook?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt. 0811</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any hide member is welcome on my page, just pm me. </div></div>

P.M. sent

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt. 0811</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any hide member is welcome on my page, just pm me. </div></div>

P.M. sent </div></div>
Good lord...you're in for it now lol!!

Fuck Facebook. Who gives a shit about what my aunts, foster sisters, next door neighbors, dogs previous owner is doing. Who gives a shit about someone I went to grade school with and what is on their mind. I care about what the current and most important people in my life have to say. Ergo I pick up the fuckin' horn and say whats up.

Facebook is a handy way to keep track of what my family and friends are up to - and I restrict my friends list to people I actually know.

It's a tool - and like any tool, it can be used intelligently or stupidly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IdahoMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck Facebook. Who gives a shit about what my aunts, foster sisters, next door neighbors, dogs previous owner is doing. Who gives a shit about someone I went to grade school with and what is on their mind. I care about what the current and most important people in my life have to say. Ergo I pick up the fuckin' horn and say whats up.</div></div>

Not a fan are you! haha

I use facebook, dont really update it but its a good tool to perve on old girlfriends, friends of girlfriends, mates sisters...haha

On a serious note i have heaps of good friends living all over australia and over seas, so its a good way to keep in touch.

Pete

I can keep tabs on what my daughter is doinig/feeling on FB.

Since I only get her every other weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Facebook is a handy way to keep track of what my family and friends are up to - and I restrict my friends list to people I actually know.

It's a tool - and like any tool, it can be used intelligently or stupidly. </div></div>

This is how mine is. I usually add people from work also and it has actually landed me a couple gigs since my e-mail is obscure the last couple of jobs old work people have hit me up asking if I have time for this or that. I find it odd people who add people just to have people on thier list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Facebook is a handy way to keep track of what my family and friends are up to - and I restrict my friends list to people I actually know.

It's a tool - and like any tool, it can be used intelligently or stupidly. </div></div>

This is how mine is. I usually add people from work also and it has actually landed me a couple gigs since my e-mail is obscure the last couple of jobs old work people have hit me up asking if I have time for this or that. I find it odd people who add people just to have people on thier list. </div></div>

I agree. Facebook is only for the rich and popular:

axdxsy.jpg

Team Blaster is on Facebook both individually and as a Team page. Great way to get ahold of old friends and stay in contact with far away friends.

Like I told my mother, you only have to allow people to see what you want them to. You don't have to put any information on there you don't want people to see. My personal page is set up to allow only friends to see anything.

Look buttholes, don't bogart my thread! I didn't ask if you liked facebook. I asked if you wanted to join mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt. 0811</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look buttholes, don't bogart my thread! I didn't ask if you liked facebook. I asked if you wanted to join mine.</div></div>

I don't join people's facebook who call me butthole. Good luck though.

If you called me an asshole I would have been fine with that but butthole? Come on. A Jarhead should be able to swear better than that
wink.gif

leave it to VaJJ to make the connection:

Facebook = electronic salad tossing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">somethin don't smell right about this thread.......... </div></div>

Its all the ass/buttholes!!!!

Here 0811, let me help you with Rob1:
You god damn maggot, the best part of you ran down the crack of your momma's ass into the dumpster where you were conceived by a troupe of biker midgets. Now get your donut chasing barrel assed rifle toting self onto FB, log in and send the Gyrene SGT a PM.
0811, that's how we did it back in the day.
Semper Fi Rob!

I only have people I know on my page as well

I would like to present this thread as Exhibit #1 in my thesis defense entitled "QS's Corollary to Godwin's Law: The Longer a Thread Involving Marines or Infantry Personnel Grows, The Probability of The Discussion Devolving to Something About Anuses Approaches 1."

I get on facebook about once every 2 weeks. The other day my boss walks into my office and sits down in the chair next to mine, has a look on his face like he's trying to figure out how to ask me something. Then he just blurts out, "I sent you a friend request on facebook 3 days ago, did you see it?". Then he just looks at me with a blank stare waiting for an answer. I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. I've been called antisocial, old fashion, a hermit, been told I lack people skills, was the last person I know to own a cell phone, a loner, etc. and this dude seems to actually be bothered by the fact that I haven't "friended" him on facebook. I only put people I KNOW on there, mostly family and people I'm really friends with, I draw the line at people I work with. Even though I have never put a message on facebook, it's none of my bosses business what I do away from work and no good can come from people you work with knowing all your business.

Its a way to keep track of what my kids are getting on their pages. Most of my friends are from my high school class. Its interesting to see the people that dont have lives 30 years later.

One girl sent me a request and I didnt remember her that much from my class, but the picture was good, so I figured what the hell. Come to find out she has topless pics of her from a website in her profile pics. Cant wait to see her at the reunion next year
smile.gif

I'm on there because FB has yet to ban me.

I originally was against FB as I equated it with that 'My Space' bullshit. I felt no need to let the world know what I was watching , listening to or reading ....the whole thing seemed pretty girlish , and I'm kind of a hermit.

Then I actually checked it out . I started a page of my own , then got reunited with a former flame whom Im now engaged to . That alone was worth the effort .

Over the past couple years Ive found it a valuable way to stay in touch with relatives whom I'd otherwise feel no inclination to talk with . I can keep up on my daughter's antics and share pictures with my friends and family . The privacy functions work pretty well and I like knowing where my co-workers are working ( we do field-service work) with out actually having to call them .
It is VERY interesting to see where all my school-mates are at and what they look like 25 years later.

Sometimes a sentence or two is all that's needed to touch base with some folks ......often times its a much better 'middle-ground' than either getting stuck in an hour long , boring phone conversation or ignoring them all-together.

There still are plenty of folks that have no real life and spend hours everyday posting 'updates' on their mundane existance. Drama-queens are everywhere ...but they are easily ignored.

To each their own though ....still , dont knock it till ya try it.

All my old flames got put out! So lemme correct the butthole remark... butthole... how about brown star... better?

i think facebook is a great way to keep track of friends. i use it everyday

There's a site called Spokeo.com that's a new online USA phone book w/personal information: everything from pics you've posted on FB or web, your approx credit score, home value, income, age, etc. You can remove yourself by first searching for yourself on their site to find the URL of your page, then going to the Privacy button on the bottom of their page to remove yourself. (Copy & repost so people are aware)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Digital herpes.</div></div>

YIKES!!!!
frown.gif

shooter65....thanks much, i'm now removed from that site, it should be called spooky.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Super Bee 950</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come to find out she has topless pics of her from a website in her profile pics. Cant wait to see her at the reunion next year
smile.gif

</div></div>

Post em up!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm on there because FB has yet to ban me. </div></div>

Breaking news Lowlight has been named sole moderator of Facebook.