• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone using Geissele Super Duty rifles/uppers?

I’ve been running a super duty and I am happy with it. It is a soft shooting rifle. Right now you can buy direct from them at a sale price that is reasonable. There sale ends tonight. Primary arms is also having a sale but I have not compared prices.

Just wondering if the jury is still out on the barrels? Pondering a first AR. Was leaning to BCM recce 14.5 but the Superduty has everything the way I want it already and more without the hassle of switching comps, and triggers, then offloading the old parts. Only thing I would change is maybe a little less aggressively angled grip.

For a first AR how do you know what you want (not being a dick, just curious)?

Why would he not know?

Inexperience with different components. Maybe he does, just a question. Plenty of people buy things they think they want/need without knowing what they like.

Well I don't know what I want if we are being honest. I mean, aside from citizenship and visa crap to get worked out faster than it is so far. 🤣 oh and a pvs14 to appear under my pillow!
I have ran DD's, Knights, and some various garbage over the years, sold lots, farted around with set ups for customers in a previous life but at the end of the day my opinions on what I want mostly come from more experienced people.

14.5 because I want something still short enough with a can on to work with indoors, taking classes etc. but long enough to keep up some velocity and be able to varmint with a little at shorter range for fun. As a first AR, it will be used for learning/defense/fun so it will get used a lot. Down the road I will branh out into a pistol and a longer one.

Mlok, because this is the way. Lighter than heavier. Ambi charging handle, I like raptors but I know others make em. A brake that will interface with a decent can for the rifle. Good trigger because I am a little princess about triggers. Rifle will probably start out with just a set of Scalarworks PEAK sights because I like them, and a light. Then grow red dots and frickin laser beams as I grow up. Really need to find guys to go shoot with and try out some different stuff to iron out the wrinkles. Because at the end of the day, I am just another troglodite. Oh well....

I have both the Geissele URGI upper and a Super Duty. The super duty has tighter groups with 55 grain Fed. While I believe that the URGI was built for the M855A1 round. So, it doesn’t shoot the m193 all that great. So, the Razor 1-6 went on the SD.View attachment 7454156
@Shooter McGavin any chance you’d be open to selling your Super Duty for the right price? I love all the mods you have done to it.

Okay, I have a Geissele 14.5" rifle and now they are selling them for $2225.00. You can pick up a Knights Armament SR 15 for $2349.00. That's a difference of $124.00. What does Bill offer that is even close to KAC?
He sounds like a GREEDY PUKE with the pricing!! I am a strong Pass.

He gets what people are willing to pay and it seems people will pay that much. Although they just had their Black Friday sale and I think the rifles were close to $500 off. I don't remember as I am not looking for another AR right now and I deleted the email I got. I think the only time I would recommend them is if they were on sale.

I'm definitely not here to defend Billy boy especially after their recent barrel/qc issues but the rifles are usually on sale (holidays) for like 30% off. Compare that to a SR15 that is 3k.

as I've said, you're better off buying a Centurion CM4 be done. You guys are balls on nuts to spend that much coin for a rig that isn't even that accurate