• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone using Geissele Super Duty rifles/uppers?

So, I read all the posts on this rifle and still went ahead and bought an unused SD in the box for $750.00
Seems to be a pretty nice rifle for basic defense use.
The original owner included a BCM grip and magazine and changed out the stock to a Magpul. I never liked the OpMod so the Magpul is fine for my use.

Haven’t decided if I’ll keep it or sell it.

View attachment 7398764View attachment 7398765View attachment 7398766
You have a Geissele Duty rifle not SD, your rail has anti rotation tabs not the HK style tab fit rail and upper, the lower doesnt have the same trigger as super duty, I believe the barrela are button rifled not CHF, and had milspec BCG not the anhances nano carrier and bolt, still a good price but if it was a super duty it would be a steal, great buy either way

You have a Geissele Duty rifle not SD, your rail has anti rotation tabs not the HK style tab fit rail and upper, the lower doesnt have the same trigger as super duty, I believe the barrela are button rifled not CHF, and had milspec BCG not the anhances nano carrier and bolt, still a good price but if it was a super duty it would be a steal, great buy either way
So why do they have the nomenclature “Super Duty” above the serial number as well as on the box and literature when they are not the SD rifle? Seems quite disingenuous and quite Spockly illogical.

Thanks

Ok, finally found it. Should have looked at the SKU 08-253B on the box:

Thanks everyone for the prodding to get it right in case I sell it.

Pretty decent specs actually; as well as the BCM grip and magazine

Last edited:
I have a urgi upper, the barrel is light, and rifle length gas port make the rifle soft to shoot

I think the URGI was a good deal..
Im not sure his super duty is worth what he is asking for them and Id take KAC SR16 anyday of the week over the super duty being about the same price.

I think the URGI was a good deal..
Im not sure his super duty is worth what he is asking for them and Id take KAC SR16 anyday of the week over the super duty being about the same price.

The KAC Are about $750 more then the Geissele in Luna black at $1750. I have I Geissele 14.5” DDC and wish I got the Luna black color for the price. That said I find it to be better than the URGI upper I have. BTW I have two KAC uppers in order now.

Reactions: SamsonSimpson
was shooting one today. Was able to put together a few .5 MOA groups and several sub MOA groups at 100 yds with an NX8 1-8. 14.5", using a bipod for accuracy testing.

@sharfshutz762 - funny you say that as I prefer the Geiselle SD over the KAC SR15.
Perhaps its cause I am not really an AR guy, but have learned to use them for practical purposes.

You want a KAC? :cool:

Select fire MIL/LE super dutys are north of 2k. a few bucks more than KAC.
Thanks but i have both including the ones with special A&D barrels.
And shooting accuracy groups with a FA carbine with CHF barrel isnt that high on priority list.

At the end of the day they are just expensive DI carbines..nothing ground breaking..

A long thread. We like the (new) Super Duty rifles. nicely constructed. Great finish, superior parts. I would say on a par with LWRC, maybe a little better than BCM, but not LMT or KAC, but probably a better fit and finish than those. All around, a good rifle. For me, the jury is stil out on the Geissele made barrel. I have heard nothing but good things, but how good? We need more empirical results. It is CHF, not rifle cut, so that tells you to expect B+/A- accuracy, and probably good durabilty and at least consistency.

We are a Geissele dealer. We sell quite a few in rifle and pistol and upper configurations. We also make a pistol and a carbine with all Geissele parts and use a DD barrel, as we know there are solid results with Daniel Defense 11" and 14.5" barrels. We know Geissele is a high quality manufacturer, but also has spread themselves a little thin, and now has USGI contracts on botht the URGI rails and now the the Super Duty Upper, so access to Geisssele inventory has been very slow this year. But so has LMT and Colt and just about every manufacturer.

I would never shy away from a Geissele Super Duty Carbine or Pistol, but if I were looking for a long-range precision shooter, I would probably look at another rifle. The Geissele 11.5" and 14.5" uppers and pistols and carbines are top shelf. I would opt for a different rifle in 18" or 20". That is not to say that next year Geissele might not have the best shooting long range 5.56mm or 6.5 CM, so we will look. They are always innovating.

A long thread. We like the (new) Super Duty rifles. nicely constructed. Great finish, superior parts. I would say on a par with LWRC, maybe a little better than BCM, but not LMT or KAC, but probably a better fit and finish than those. All around, a good rifle. For me, the jury is stil out on the Geissele made barrel. I have heard nothing but good things, but how good? We need more empirical results. It is CHF, not rifle cut, so that tells you to expect B+/A- accuracy, and probably good durabilty and at least consistency.

We are a Geissele dealer. We sell quite a few in rifle and pistol and upper configurations. We also make a pistol and a carbine with all Geissele parts and use a DD barrel, as we know there are solid results with Daniel Defense 11" and 14.5" barrels. We know Geissele is a high quality manufacturer, but also has spread themselves a little thin, and now has USGI contracts on botht the URGI rails and now the the Super Duty Upper, so access to Geisssele inventory has been very slow this year. But so has LMT and Colt and just about every manufacturer.

I would never shy away from a Geissele Super Duty Carbine or Pistol, but if I were looking for a long-range precision shooter, I would probably look at another rifle. The Geissele 11.5" and 14.5" uppers and pistols and carbines are top shelf. I would opt for a different rifle in 18" or 20". That is not to say that next year Geissele might not have the best shooting long range 5.56mm or 6.5 CM, so we will look. They are always innovating.
Good post. I think it is tough to beat a geissele rifle for the money. They did a really nice job and the fact it comes with a warcomp is just icing on the cake. DD, BCM are a little light on features compared to the Geissele.
It does seem the process of CHF a barrel is pretty fine tuned in the industry so I have faith their barrels will be comparable to a dd.

I have both the Geissele URGI upper and a Super Duty. The super duty has tighter groups with 55 grain Fed. While I believe that the URGI was built for the M855A1 round. So, it doesn’t shoot the m193 all that great. So, the Razor 1-6 went on the SD.
3B327FF3-B450-4DF0-BB40-1E1903C4961B.jpeg

So, I read all the posts on this rifle and still went ahead and bought an unused SD in the box for $750.00
Seems to be a pretty nice rifle for basic defense use.
The original owner included a BCM grip and magazine and changed out the stock to a Magpul. I never liked the OpMod so the Magpul is fine for my use.

Haven’t decided if I’ll keep it or sell it.

View attachment 7398764View attachment 7398765View attachment 7398766
Wow. You bought it for the price a pawn shop would pay. Probably what the dude selling it was told. You got super lucky on your super duty. :)

Wow. You bought it for the price a pawn shop would pay. Probably what the dude selling it was told. You got super lucky on your super duty. :)
I think he ended up with the now defunct “duty” as opposed to a super duty. Still a good deal.

Reactions: LANCER
I just got a new Geissele super duty 11.5 upper. I took it and a Bcm 14.5 elw to sight in run tactical drills . I have got to tell you I am really impressed with the Geissele 11.5, it shot with a way softer recoil impulse than the Bcm 14.5. I was only shooting at 25 yds doing speed reloads and ready up drills etc so I cant speak on the longer range accuracy yet. But if the accuracy is there with xm193 55 grain I might be looking to upgrade all my Bcm uppers to Geissele .

The super duties will shoot softer due to them being tuned to shoot suppressed. Get them dirty and dry. BCM are gassed to run anywhere in any weather dirty n dry. Then again maybe someone finally figured out the Sr15 gas magic.

The super duties will shoot softer due to them being tuned to shoot suppressed. Get them dirty and dry. BCM are gassed to run anywhere in any weather dirty n dry. Then again maybe someone finally figured out the Sr15 gas magic.
The geisseles will run, which is why their uppers were sent out to the military. For the price it is the best factory AR15 out there in my opinion. I was hesitant at first (Geisseles first rifle) until my buddy had me shoot one. I shot the 11.5 so I can't only imagine the 14.5 and 16" being softer shooters.

Reactions: S_R
The fact that the Bcm is over gassed does make since why it could possibly be more reliable when running really dirty but dang it just does not shoot as well to me so far. I will be running my 11.5 Geissele upper with a Deadair Nomad but the Nomad is still in jail so I cant give feed back on shooting suppressed yet . Now I just have to figure out if I want to go with the Deadair flash hider or the SOLGW Nox. But thats a different question for a different thread .

I’ve bought 2 super duties now. Both 16” versions and they have been phenomenal.
After disassembling both I noted how well they are put together. A lot of stuff is correctly indexed and paint marked, something I was not expecting for a factory gun.

I think most people scoffing at the price don’t realize what comes standard on the super duty. A Surefire warcomp, over sized bolt release, Geissele match trigger, grip, and charging handle. These are all things that I normally change when receiving an AR anyway so add all that up and these rifles come nicely equipped from the factory. That’s roughly $600 worth of parts that are standard.

Last edited:
I have Geissele SSE triggers in my rifles and really like them. I have mostly BCM uppers. However, I have built riffles using VLTOR uppers and Daniel Defense or Criterion barrels. All builds done on Aero Precision lowers with BCM A5 buffers. Also, I like BCM grip and stocks.

I am interested in the how the Geissele barrels perform and if they are on par with something like Daniel Defense. I guess I am looking at buying the Geissele and them changing the grip and stock. Maybe even switching to the A5 buffer system as I read people with Geissele have been doing that saying it’s better then the Geissele 42 spring set up. I like the idea of getting the Geissele complete rifle, instead of my Frankin rifles.
if youre going to change the a lot of it why not just buy a SOLGW rifle instead, their top models use the stuff you already like.

Everything geissele ive ever bought has been a massive disappointment, so no. Rails that bend, triggers feel worse than a competitors $100 offering, a stripped lower that took like 5 months to arrive and has some absolutely AWFUL machining, and a lpk missing springs. I considered trying one of their mounts, till i realized (as i said) everything geissele ive ordered was trash, and i only bought it because the "internet experts" said it was best. in use it was wrong. Add to that the numerous other trash theyve pulled, and nah, ill let the rest of the internet mouthbreathers drool over that garbage.

Everything geissele ive ever bought has been a massive disappointment, so no. Rails that bend, triggers feel worse than a competitors $100 offering, a stripped lower that took like 5 months to arrive and has some absolutely AWFUL machining, and a lpk missing springs. I considered trying one of their mounts, till i realized (as i said) everything geissele ive ordered was trash, and i only bought it because the "internet experts" said it was best. in use it was wrong. Add to that the numerous other trash theyve pulled, and nah, ill let the rest of the internet mouthbreathers drool over that garbage.
What happened after you contacted their CS?

My only problem with geissele was when they upped their pricing before allowing back orders. But then again I could have responded faster with my 35% coupon when items did become in stock.

Reactions: AngryKoala
I believe they are now "deep bluing" their barrel exterior instead of phosphating so just something to consider maintenance wise.

What happened after you contacted their CS?

My only problem with geissele was when they upped their pricing before allowing back orders. But then again I could have responded faster with my 35% coupon when items did become in stock.
Speaking of those coupons... they are going to expire Aug 1st (they were extended an additional year to 2021).

I believe they are now "deep bluing" their barrel exterior instead of phosphating so just something to consider maintenance wise.
You have a choice between phos w/ CL or completely Nitrided barrel without CL.

Could be wrong but I've seen this pop up a couple of places.
a few post down Geissele talks about both finishes.

Last edited:
Okay, I have a Geissele 14.5" rifle and now they are selling them for $2225.00. You can pick up a Knights Armament SR 15 for $2349.00. That's a difference of $124.00. What does Bill offer that is even close to KAC?

Okay, I have a Geissele 14.5" rifle and now they are selling them for $2225.00. You can pick up a Knights Armament SR 15 for $2349.00. That's a difference of $124.00. What does Bill offer that is even close to KAC?
Nothing that has a proven background. I am happy with my SD but I paid under 1400 for it.

a few post down Geissele talks about both finishes.

In their industry section on that site they state the exterior is now a "durable black oxide" coating and not mag phos. This would be on their chrome lined barrels. Again, I could be wrong it is just something I read.

Edit: there's actually a photo on page 5 or 6 of that thread I posted showing that Geissele has switched over from mag phos (sticky comment attached to rifle plastic bag).

Last edited:
Oh, man. I wonder if KAC will be raising prices in the current market?

I guess they could but you can't find them anywhere. I am on a list and have been for a least a year.
Yeah, that's what I mean. Over on GB, people want 2K for a lower (even saw one asking $3K) and $3500 or more for a complete rifle.

The materials and processes that Geisselle uses are top notch IMO. Bolt/extractor strength/toughness is among the best I've seen. Better than JP IME. Whatever coating/process is applied to their bolts is absurd, also. Took a brand new rifle and fired 1750 rounds, then broke down and cleaned it and the carbon wiped off the bolt tail with a rag. Their barrels shoot in the same league as Proof Research stainless and carbon barrels IME, too.

The materials and processes that Geisselle uses are top notch IMO. Bolt/extractor strength/toughness is among the best I've seen. Better than JP IME. Whatever coating/process is applied to their bolts is absurd, also. Took a brand new rifle and fired 1750 rounds, then broke down and cleaned it and the carbon wiped off the bolt tail with a rag. Their barrels shoot in the same league as Proof Research stainless and carbon barrels IME, too.

I was about to post I don’t get why people pay JP money for a much less refined and precision proven rifle.

As for a AR, it’s JP

Of for just a minute of man, ship by the pallet, whomever else meets mil spec

Last edited:
In their industry section on that site they state the exterior is now a "durable black oxide" coating and not mag phos. This would be on their chrome lined barrels. Again, I could be wrong it is just something I read.

Edit: there's actually a photo on page 5 or 6 of that thread I posted showing that Geissele has switched over from mag phos (sticky comment attached to rifle plastic bag).
Sad.. they have a lot of conflicting information

Sad.. they have a lot of conflicting information

I'm guessing it was a move to improve turn around time. Unfortunately, less corrosion resistance with black oxide.

Nitride barrel is looking better and better.

I have a later release clone correct urgi upper and it is sub moa with 77 razor core. Surprisingly imi does tighter groups than mk262 on this dd barrel. Also shoots super nice with sf rc2 with little blow back. It has the revised dd gas block so mine is not so bendy i guess 😂

I have a later release clone correct urgi upper and it is sub moa with 77 razor core. Surprisingly imi does tighter groups than mk262 on this dd barrel. Also shoots super nice with sf rc2 with little blow back. It has the revised dd gas block so mine is not so bendy i guess 😂
Considering the recent price increase on their SD, the URG-I might be the way to go, especially since the only thing Geissele is the rail.

Considering the recent price increase on their SD, the URG-I might be the way to go, especially since the only thing Geissele is the rail.

Find someone with a 35% off coupon, give them $150. Buy two rifles, sell one for cheaper than msrp and keep the other. Then you end up with a super duty for under 1k which is one hell of a rifle for the price.

Find someone with a 35% off coupon, give them $150. Buy two rifles, sell one for cheaper than msrp and keep the other. Then you end up with a super duty for under 1k which is one hell of a rifle for the price.
:ROFLMAO: I'm actually sitting on one or two of those myself... each time I was in the market, they just havent had what I was looking for in stock...

:ROFLMAO: I'm actually sitting on one or two of those myself... each time I was in the market, they just havent had what I was looking for in stock...
They sell out quick as hell even at the current price. At some point it will taper off.

$2225 is for the color models, from the MFG. MFGs run at MSRP. Buy from a dealer, and if you dont care about, its $1875.

Just wondering if the jury is still out on the barrels? Pondering a first AR. Was leaning to BCM recce 14.5 but the Superduty has everything the way I want it already and more without the hassle of switching comps, and triggers, then offloading the old parts. Only thing I would change is maybe a little less aggressively angled grip.