• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone using Lapua 243 Win Brass?

ply1951guy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2009
The Poconos, PA
I have a question for anyone using Lapua 243 Win brass. Lapua states that their 308 brass uses small rifle primers. Does the 243 brass also use small rifle primers, or does it use regular large rifle primers. I was thinking about buying some Lapua brass for my 260, and I think that having brass with small rifle primers would be nice since you can load the brass a little harder. Buying the 243 brass would be a lot easier to turn into 260 brass since only one sizing operation would be needed. But if the 243 brass has large rifle primers, then, in my opinion, it would be worth the work to size the 308 cases down to 260. Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Anyone using Lapua 243 Win Brass?

The 243 Lapua brass that I have & all that I have seen uses the large rifle primer. I believe the small rifle primer 308 brass that you are thinking of is the "Palma" version recently introduced.

243 Lapua has LR primer pocket, not SR.

I believe the SR 308 stuff is Palma brass also.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 95LTZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 243 Lapua brass that I have & all that I have seen uses the large rifle primer. I believe the small rifle primer 308 brass that you are thinking of is the "Palma" version recently introduced.</div></div>

+1