• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone using the .224 62gn HPBT Midsouth sells from Hornady?

rich56

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2007
Union NJ
Would like to try them for my Remington 700 Milspec (1/9") and cousins 700VLS (1/12"). Our max yardage is 300

If you're only going to 300 by all means go for it. Not far enough for the bc of other bullets to really have an effect but cheap and I believe would stabilize alright in both. No guarantee your barrel will like them or not just like with any bullet but affordable enough to not really matter. Give it a shot. I've been thinking about trying some of those cheap dogtown bullets or something too.

I bought a bunch, I haven't really nailed down a load with them yet but they appear to be about a moa bullet in rifles that can shoot 1/2-3/4 moa. In other words they are far better than FMJ's but not true match grade quality. They stabilize fine in my 1-9. 1-8 and 1-7 twist barrels...