• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone using the new Weaver tactical scopes??

raptor99

Minuteman
Oct 18, 2005
Pierre SD
Hey guys, looking to pick up another scope for a rifle I am putting togeather for tactical shooting.

Always used Leupolds but was looking at the new Weaver tactical scopes and had heard some good things about them. Was looking for imput from any of you guys who have or have had them. Both good or bad comments. Thanks!!!!!

Re: Anyone using the new Weaver tactical scopes??

I have 2 of the 3-15 FFP mil/mils. No complaints. Track fine, repeatable, etc. Glass is fine. Pretty good reticle.

I have the 3-15x50 EMDR. tracking and ranging is spot on, glass is bright and clear. The hollow dots and half mil marks are very useful.

Now you mentioned tactical, so if you are an operator or shooting comps: There are no zero stops, and the scope is a little on the heavy side. 27.3oz compared to the Leupy mk4 ert @ 22oz

For us range rats, great quality for the money.

Price is spot on, both at SWFA or Optics planet with price match. Right around $700

One more thing: Eye relief is nice and generous.

got a 3-10x tactical from midway on my .22... nice little scope... made in japan.

Had both 3-15x50 EMDR and 2 of the 3-10x40 midway exclusive.

Absolutly no complaints on either and would recomend either one.
Have a feeling I'm going to regret selling the 3-15x50 but the guy's coming to get it tomorrow.

The only problem I encountered is if you try to rezero turrets on the EMDR with them in the unlocked position, you can get the marks out of line. Also resulting in having to wigle it a little to get it to go down and lock. This is easily fixed by rezeroing the turrets in the down locked position.

I have the 3-15 EMDR and its the best scope I own, I'm used to owning leupolds as well, have a few VX-II and VX-III and the Weaver easily beats them out in clarity and tracking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One just showed up today. 3-15x50 EMDR.

Looking forward to testing it out. </div></div>

Will be looking forward to your review.

I put mine through the paces from 500-1100 yds last weekend and it worked flawlessly. My dope gathered with my SWFA 5-20 was spot on with the Weaver after I got it zeroed. I was impressed with it just doing an intitial bay window review, but once I used it at distance, I came away mor impressed. I really like the open center reticle. I didn't have much trouble with moa sized targets with the scope set on 13x or so. I would say the scope is a steal at $700. I'll have to use it some more, but I may end up liking it as well as the SWFA 5-20.

LoneWolf, would you perhaps do a review and post it on your website? Interested in hearing your thoughts about this scope as well.

UPS just dropped mine off today. No time to mount yet, but I can tell you, it is a thing of beauty.

MD

The 3-15 EMDR mil/mil would pretty much be the perfect scope (for the price), if they would only do away with those stupid locking turrets.

As pretty much everyone that has one has mentioned before, you can't just pop the turret up and back down again. You have to wiggle it to get it to go down and lock. Also, on mine, the elevation marks don't line up. They aren't just a little off, as that wouldn't bother me, they line up exactly halfway between when they are unlocked. Combine that with the fact that you have to jiggle them to get them to lock, and many times with mine, since the marks don't line up, it will click .1 mil while I am jiggling it trying to lock it and end up .1 mil off.

Not sure why the went with that pop up locking turret design on the 3-15. I have the 3-10 also, and the turrets on those are great. Very crisp, line up perfectly, and honestly, are just all around better than the pop-up ones they chose to use on their high end 3-15.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keyser Söze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 3-15 EMDR mil/mil would pretty much be the perfect scope (for the price), if they would only do away with those stupid locking turrets.... </div></div>

Is is necessary to lock the turrets while shooting or is this just for storage/transport, etc.?

No you do not have to lock them, you can keep them up. Just if you had to transition to various distances and forget they were down, you can tweak the turret cap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrSwede</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
LoneWolf, would you perhaps do a review and post it on your website? Interested in hearing your thoughts about this scope as well. </div></div>

Most definitely.

I have been using one for about a year in tactical matches. The only two things I wish it had was a zero stop and a 1/2 mil hash mark between 0 and 1 mil.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RingingSteel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only two things I wish it had was a zero stop and a 1/2 mil hash mark between 0 and 1 mil. </div></div>

The half-mil mark thing kind of bugged me as well since the 200y hold on many .308's is about 0.5 mil.

DSC00857.jpg

DSC00858.jpg