• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone using Timney's New Calvin Elite Custom 700 trigger?

Winny94

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 19, 2013
    I was able to test this out at the NRA show, and was really impressed, but just like at any gun show, I didnt get much time, so I could test out the different shoes, angles, etc. Has anyone run this yet and can comment on the adjustability?

I was JUST looking at this trigger. Very interesting; but I picked up my CE for way less.

I have run one on one of my comp rifles for the last 18 months. It is adjusted down to 10oz, but I still find it to have some creep. For the price, they are hard to beat, that's for certain.

I have run one on one of my comp rifles for the last 18 months. It is adjusted down to 10oz, but I still find it to have some creep. For the price, they are hard to beat, that's for certain.

Speaking only about the mechanical ability to move the trigger blade and shoe - how much do you value that over a "regular" Calvin Elite or other trigger?

If you are a trigger snob, it is definitely worth it. I've tried out the fully adjustable trigger with multiple different shoes and I loved it. I wouldn't say the trigger gives you any type of advantage, but it is a nice luxury to have.

I have installed a couple for a buddy. He actually has anther one on order now.

Speaking only about the mechanical ability to move the trigger blade and shoe - how much do you value that over a "regular" Calvin Elite or other trigger?

Honestly, fellas, this whole swapping trigger shoes on the CE's is news to me. I know you can do it on their AR triggers, but didn't know you can do it on the bolt action triggers. To answer your question, I did not value it at all, simply because I did not know it was a feature! HAHA!!

Honestly, fellas, this whole swapping trigger shoes on the CE's is news to me. I know you can do it on their AR triggers, but didn't know you can do it on the bolt action triggers. To answer your question, I did not value it at all, simply because I did not know it was a feature! HAHA!!

Not just the shoes. You can adjust for cant as well as forwards and backwards, up and down.