• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Anyone want to guess at what is in this trail cam picture?

Maestro

Novice
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2017
MI
I have trail cameras out on my property all year and one captured this weird shot. I'll attach two photos to show what the area would look like without the thing in it, don't mind the little Elk. This "thing" only showed up in one shot. Let me know what you think. I have no idea what it could be. This is in northern Michigan. We mostly have Whitetail, Elk, Coyotes, and Turkeys, as well as some varmints.

Attachments

• photo80542.jpg
    photo80542.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 761
  • photo80543.jpg
    photo80543.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 410
Could be porcupines. Could be a pair of coons. They are getting big this time of year

Good to see another michigan boy on here. I am from the grand Rapids area myself.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Look close it's a baby elephant laying down and looking toward the the bottom right corner of the picture.

fetch

IMG2]

Last edited:
I thought Porcupine initially as well. Had similar pictures of them on my cams... Even got one picture of a porcupine climbing right over my camera, up the pine tree it was hung on. Took me a few minutes to figure out what it was...

My first impression was a small black bear facing away from the cam. But, with the elk for size perspective, that would have been a very small bear. I like the bobcat idea. The badgers I have seen were flatter to the ground. I am out of ideas.

Looks like a feral hog to me.
Were the shot taken in the south I would bet on it.