• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone watching the olympics

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Just saw the french win the 400m team swimming... pretty exciting race.

On the other hand, women's basketball was the best sleep aid I have had in a long time.

I keep finding myself watching events, I was never interested in before

Re: Anyone watching the olympics

The Olympics are about the only "sports" I care to watch, well that is unless you include high school stuff... Watched the men’s gymnastics last night, I don’t recall so many accidents/ people falling in past Olympics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFC Carpentier jr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watch Phelps get his ass beat. </div></div>

I think he has a plan... few months ago I saw him say he was only interested in a couple more metals so he would be the most metaled or gold metaled Olympian. I think he is letting others in the team take whatever they are strong in and he will pick up the rest... we shall see.

The men's cycling roadrace was won by Alexander Vinokourov, who was suspended from the sport 2007-2009 for blood doping in the Tour de France. It's good to know that the Olympics' amateur dopers and cheats have been supplanted by true professionals.

I try and watch as much as possible. I wish the news would quit leaking the results before they broadcast the event.

GO USA!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWammo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I try and watch as much as possible. I wish the news would quit leaking the results before they broadcast the event.

GO USA!!! </div></div>

I am not watching it because NBC refuses to offer the ability to watch any interesting events real time. It isn't "leaking" as anyone with a computer can find out the results in real time. Just antiquated the way the networks and IOC are acting.

I about crapped myself when I saw that NBC Sports (was Versus Channel, and wasn't it The Nashville Network before that?) had the air rifle finals televised today. There is supposed to be some kind of shooting being aired tomorrow as well.

I didn't think I'd live long enough to see this happen. I'm shocked that NBC will air any shooting. Of course, they've already got some egg on their face when Kim Rhode becomes the first Olympian to medal in 5 consecutive games and don't show it on their main channel.

NBC really has dropped the ball on coverage this year. There are way too many commercials. In years past you could watch the entire event. Take gymnastics for example: We could see how other teams do in comparison. Now they just show a few events and only show highlights later. And yes, seems like nothing is real time.

Yeah, their coverage blows this time around for sure. I haven't checked OnDemand yet, but I reckon there is stuff in there. Just haven't had the time or desire. If you get MSNBC, CNBC or NBC Sports then they show it on all those channels too; sometimes the same, sometimes different stuff.

I did watch the beach volleyball event... Tall hot girls, Brazillians in bikinis. But those two tall 24yo blonde Czech girls, they were HOT! Too bad that match was done at night or early morning, because there wearing the full suits. Damn. Our team won of course, they can't be beat. The blonde is one hot momma for 41.

I don't know, I like the Winter Olympics better I think. Just more fun and I'm willing to sit in front of the TV then. The last good coverage of summer games, I think, was in Athens. They made a big deal out of that, most likely because it was Athens and historic.

the tape delays suck...somebody needs to tell NBC that there's this thing called the internet.

I've been watching but it's all on foreign web feeds.

I used to be really into it but as years pass I find myself not watching it much at all, I have better things to do and I can get the results anytime anyway so why bother anymore.

Unfortunately for some, primetime is the only time of the day that they get to watch the full TV coverage of the events. It's a compromise, like everything else is these days.

Us 3rd in 3 position MK-50m blew it on the last shot, would be 2nd..

I watched the gymnasties.
grin.gif
Seriously, though, that's high achievement.

Beach volleyball, on the other hand, is nothing more than a children's game being played by adults.

Does anyone have information on how we are doing in the shooting sports?

Won the Gold in both mens and womens Skeet. Pretty sure the mens Gold was won by a USAMU Shooter.

With the horrible commentary they are almost doing us a favor by showing less.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NBC really has dropped the ball on coverage this year. There are way too many commercials. In years past you could watch the entire event. Take gymnastics for example: We could see how other teams do in comparison. Now they just show a few events and only show highlights later. And yes, seems like nothing is real time. </div></div>

Don't forget USA's Jamie Gray, she won gold in the womens 3 Position 50 Meter Rifle with 691.1

That's some hard holding breaking the Olympic Women's 3 position record.

That's hard holding in anyone's book.