• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone with experience with Coros GPS watches?

jbell

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2010
    Lewiston, ME
    I am looking at the Coros Vertex 2 GPS watch to upgrade from my Garmin Instinct. Does anyone have any time with one? I do endurance and ultra endurance races, training, and multi day hikes so a long battery life in GPS mode is very important, my Instinct kinda sucks there. I am also a diesel mechanic on yachts so I beat the hell out of my watch, so durability is important.

I am open to other suggestions if you have them…

Thank you in advance.

I have zero experience with this particular watch, but I would consider owning multiple watches as each is a tool with a sole intended purpose.

But, I also turn wrenches for a living and have beaten the hell out of watches that I’d wear to a fancy dinner, so I get where you’re coming from.

Reactions: jbell
    I am looking at the Coros Vertex 2 GPS watch to upgrade from my Garmin Instinct. Does anyone have any time with one? I do endurance and ultra endurance races, training, and multi day hikes so a long battery life in GPS mode is very important, my Instinct kinda sucks there. I am also a diesel mechanic on yachts so I beat the hell out of my watch, so durability is important.

I am open to other suggestions if you have them…

Thank you in advance.
    I have not had experience with that particular model but I do own a COROS APEX. I’ve had it for almost 2 years now and have been doing constant runs, workouts, and training with it. Overall it is an awesome watch and has a lot of features that tracks heart rate, routes, workouts, sleep, etc.

Very durable watches. Updates and firmware is all on the phone. They are quick updates and not annoying like iphone updates haha. I love the watch and is well worth the money.

Reactions: jbell
    I also have a Apex. It's been about a year and no complaints at all. Girlfriend has the same and uses it daily for her workouts ect. She's a distance runner and it tracks everything she wants.
    User friendly app and tracks all sorts of stuff.
    I was in the mountains for 6 days tacking location quite a bit and battery life was great.