• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone with Zeiss connections to confirm?

trob_205

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 11, 2013
    Coldwater, MI
    Fairly strong accusation coming out of a Don Jr run organization.
    E7A78029-1BA3-46CB-A9B8-60616F81D0C8.png

I started one in the bear pit but someone thought I should share it here to see if any hide connections can confirm or deny before spreading such slander lol. That being said, Field Ethos isnt here to make shit up.

Not saying I agree with this but I can understand why they may not want to associate with a bunch of those don'ts.

What I can't understand is how adjustable cheek pieces and extendend hang guards could possibly be objectional.
    What next QR scope mounts or toolless adjustable stocks?

Only the best in this year’s red/black flannel jackets and man-licker stocks for Zeiss.

I kind of understand from a "bad PR" perspective, where they are coming from. Because I see lots of stupidity on the interwebz and a lot of "tacticool" morons doing stupid shit with their guns online. So I get that part of it.

But the semi-auto weapons, camo, extended magazine's, and shit like that? That's just kowtowing to the left's anti-gun agenda. And you're a company that makes optics FOR WEAPONS. That's almost as bad of a PR move as Nikon, when it came out that they were donating to anti-gun groups. Where are they now? Back to making cameras... Not a smart move Zeiss...Not a smart move. 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

Reactions: earthquake
    stupid, they should mkt it as they wish, plenty of people buy on those buzzwords

Not saying I agree with this but I can understand why they may not want to associate with a bunch of those don'ts.

What I can't understand is how adjustable cheek pieces and extendend hang guards could possibly be objectional.
    What next QR scope mounts or toolless adjustable stocks?
    If you lived in california and had to avoid "evil features" on a rifle to be legal you would understand.

To enfringe is to pull the strings on the "fringes" of the rug thread by thread until you have no rug.

Reactions: rancher5
    Guess they don’t need my bussiness then. I appreciate bussiness who actually have balls to stand up to idiots. Do that and you might actually get customers to respect you….

Fairly strong accusation coming out of a Don Jr run organization.
    View attachment 7805284
    What or "who" constitutes "Prostaff" with Zeiss? Was this sent to USA Prostaff or was this sent to European Prostaff? Europe is really funny in how they respond to anything military and/or LE, it's like they try to hide it from citizens - might be "too scary" but you can watch all the shoot em' up movies you'd like??? Just look at how long it took Zeiss to come out with a FFP scope that has a decent mrad tree reticle, I think part of the reason is because this is "perceived" as being too "tactical" or too closely related to military and LE. Remember, they do not have a Second Amendment over there and the companies are largely dictated by political sway (Schmidt and Bender seems to be the odd outlier).

Last edited:
    View attachment 7805301LOLs. Was just gonna start a thread on this
    If this does turn out to be true for USA Prostaff, then I think every single one of them should start posting images with Zeiss scopes while wearing full tactical gear in military color and camo, using AR-10's with adjustable cheek piece, extended hand guards, high capacity magazines with laser and NV, in downtown Portland with a bunch of Antifa idiots burning buildings (representing youth with guns), a dear head with big rack hanging out of your backpack...

I mean what the heck is this list? Military color... so no olive drab, dark brown, light brown, what about dress blues, guess you can't have blue either, I think military also uses gray, can't have that... What is a "military style attachment" - oh wait, I guess no picatinny rails, and oh - the military uses scope mounts, so I guess you can't use a scope mount either, and curse those evil cheek pieces - those have got to be worst of all, and how dare anyone ever think to teach your children about firearm safety and the joy of shooting, no no, we can't have that and finally, what exactly constitutes a "sensitive species" - sensitive in who's eyes? If true, it sounds like some woke individual high up in Zeiss got their panties in a bunch, maybe Zeiss should just say "Do NOT promote our products" period.

It sounds to me like they are just trying to walk the fence of the European prohibitions against selling anything remotely "military" to the civilian market. If this is what they have to do to keep selling their product line to the American consumer then I dont really have a problem with it. We'll buy a product if its good and has value and do whatever the hell we want with it anyway. This is the same reason Leica rangefinders have only rudimentary ballistic calculators embedded in them (latest model Leica's now link to the Kestrel), and why the TIGirZ thermal sight doesn't have a reticle or come with a picatinny rail. I'm OK with it, in fact I'm happy they're doing it. It keeps their product available to me, the civilian, if I want it.

If this does turn out to be true for USA Prostaff, then I think every single one of them should start posting images with Zeiss scopes while wearing full tactical gear in military color and camo, using AR-10's with adjustable cheek piece, extended hand guards, high capacity magazines with laser and NV, in downtown Portland with a bunch of Antifa idiots burning buildings (representing youth with guns), a dear head with big rack hanging out of your backpack...

I mean what the heck is this list? Military color... so no olive drab, dark brown, light brown, what about dress blues, guess you can't have blue either, I think military also uses gray, can't have that... What is a "military style attachment" - oh wait, I guess no picatinny rails, and oh - the military uses scope mounts, so I guess you can't use a scope mount either, and curse those evil cheek pieces - those have got to be worst of all, and how dare anyone ever think to teach your children about firearm safety and the joy of shooting, no no, we can't have that and finally, what exactly constitutes a "sensitive species" - sensitive in who's eyes? If true, it sounds like some woke individual high up in Zeiss got their panties in a bunch, maybe Zeiss should just say "Do NOT promote our products" period.
    Also rules out black and white as colors. Navy uses white as uniform and Marine dress has black.

Reactions: Glassaholic
    Germany is very careful with anything that seems extreme since WWII.

Lol, so hard to be a good woke company when you make aiming devices for those machines designed to kill things known as guns.

Isn't traditional hunting supposed to make the animal dead? Also, what competitive shooter is not using an adjustable cheek piece? What exactly constitutes a "military style attachment", a bipod perhaps, maybe a suppressor?

So much confusion in this memo. Perhaps they should have gone with "no scary looking guns, people, or dead things".

Reactions: Glassaholic
    Good.
    If this means that snowflakes will stop buying Zeiss products, maybe they will lower their prices to increase sales = high quality scopes at lower prices.

But. In the end. Most of the people screaming about this will just buy something Chinese instead.

But hey - I’m sitting here in commie Denmark, guess any lowering of prices won’t affect me, sadly.

Good.
    If this means that snowflakes will stop buying Zeiss products, maybe they will lower their prices to increase sales = high quality scopes at lower prices.

But. In the end. Most of the people screaming about this will just buy something Chinese instead.

But hey - I’m sitting here in commie Denmark, guess any lowering of prices won’t affect me, sadly.
    How do the MILFs look in Denmark?

Good.

Posted by someone else in a little looser thread about the same thing in the bear bit
    Belated thought.

Only the US has a 2nd Amendment. It is VERY unique. Other countries have no idea the struggle and culture we have to preserve the 2A. Just like we assume everyone understands that there is a 2A, they assume that everyone is subject to the whims of government when it comes to firearms. They are trapped by their bureaucrats who give them crazy regs and probably live in fear of the next crazy law that impacts their business. Or worse, have no idea what 2A Freedom means.

Why did people come to America? TO escape the BS they left behind (primarily in Europe). Europe today is better than Europe 300, 200, even 100 years ago (Yes 100 years ago MOST of Europe was still a Monarchy), but it is no means American. Meanwhile we've had 250 years of a republic--mostly isolated from the rest of the world and developed our own culture. Its important to remember why American Culture is unique.

Its not abnormal for .gov to restrict engagement of foreign nationals abroad...

ROEs for .mil aren't "when in rome"...

Some countries restrict civilians in a similar manner (including USA)