• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anything better then the Bushnell LRHS?

athanasios23

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2009
New York, USA
So I have a LRHS scopes new in box. I have only heard good things about them and when they go on sale in PX section, they seem to sell rather quickly. Since they have been discontinued for a while now. I was wondering if there has been anything that came out that is better or replaced it in the market place.

The scope will be placed on a browning hells canyon long range mcmillan.

Last edited:
A lot of people really like them. As far as something better, certainly. But, for around $800 the LRHS scopes are robust and have a big following. Great scopes. Optically the Steiner P4xi 4-16x56 is "better" than the bushnells.........can be had for $849 from CameralandNY

A lot of people really like them. As far as something better, certainly. But, for around $800 the LRHS scopes are robust and have a big following. Great scopes. Optically the Steiner P4xi 4-16x56 is "better" than the bushnells.........can be had for $849 from CameralandNY

I understand as money goes up so will the quality of the scope. Im just looking for something in this range.

The p4xi is a nice scope (just sold one) but I want something light and less bulky.

I've had one for years and love it. I don't see myself getting rid of it. That being said, I have scopes that are "better" but for the money its hard to beat. Maybe the Vortex PST line can compete directly with it but I haven't owned one so can't speak to that.

I agree. I've better scopes, but I've no better $850 scopes. Own three and am quite satisfied. Even got a nice Leatherman MUT with one.

Reactions: 65x55guy
I upgraded from the Vortex PST line to the Bushnell Elite Tactical line when GAP blew out the LRHSi's w/G2 about two years back and snagged an XRS 2 later on. The PST's are a solid scopes, but the glass in the Bushnell's are considerably better to my eyes (vs Gen1 PST).

I'd dearly love to know what is going on with Bushnell's Elite Tac line of scopes if anybody can share. They appear to have been discontinuing models and blowing out excess inventory for the past 18+ months, but have not announced anything new releasing. Are new models coming or did they decide to get out of the higher end optics market entirely?

Reactions: chevy327
I upgraded from the Vortex PST line to the Bushnell Elite Tactical line when GAP blew out the LRHSi's w/G2 about two years back and snagged an XRS 2 later on. The PST's are a solid scopes, but the glass in the Bushnell's are considerably better to my eyes (vs Gen1 PST).

I'd dearly love to know what is going on with Bushnell's Elite Tac line of scopes if anybody can share. They appear to have been discontinuing models and blowing out excess inventory for the past 18+ months, but have not announced anything new releasing. Are new models coming or did they decide to get out of the higher end optics market entirely?

The ones getting blown out were all older models. I've not heard anything on the DMR2, Pro, or XRS2 going anywhere.

Reactions: chevy327
The ones getting blown out were all older models. I've not heard anything on the DMR2, Pro, or XRS2 going anywhere.

Well that's good to hear that their top tier scopes probably aren't going anywhere anytime soon. With the discontinuation of the SMRS and now the LRHS models I was beginning to wonder about it. Hopefully they will announce something to replace these discontinued models in the future?

Well that's good to hear that their top tier scopes probably aren't going anywhere anytime soon. With the discontinuation of the SMRS and now the LRHS models I was beginning to wonder about it. Hopefully they will announce something to replace these discontinued models in the future?

You'd have to ask @Team RCBS & Bushnell that one. I snagged one of the 1-8x SMRS optics as soon as I heard they were going away, and I'd love to see an updated model that keeps the BTR-2 reticle.

I can't really say much on the Elite Tactical front right now. Not because I don't know, but . . . you know.

1597084516342.png

You'd have to ask @Team RCBS & Bushnell that one. I snagged one of the 1-8x SMRS optics as soon as I heard they were going away, and I'd love to see an updated model that keeps the BTR-2 reticle.
I have two of the 1-8.5x24 SMRS's, three LRHSi's and one (soon to be two) XRS 2's. I'd be very disappointed if Bushnell backed out of the high end optics market.

I can't really say much on the Elite Tactical front right now. Not because I don't know, but . . . you know.

View attachment 7395267
1597085573659.png

In the course of my optical growth cycle, Bushnell has become the primary backbone of my current inventory. HDMR, ERS, DMRII Pro, couple each of both LRHS and LRTS models, distributed over a handful of AR’s and bolt guns. The Pro and both LRHS/LRTS are very easy to get behind, great optical values and simple but useable reticles. Hate to see the LR lines go away, surprised at low sales volume given their following here, but now encouraged to see what’s in development. A thinner crosshair, similar to Pro, would allow a bit more precision at higher mag ranges, in either the 3-12 or 4.5-18, if that’s the direction of future product line. 1.5-2”
shorter and couple ounces lighter would be nice as well. Any idea how far out on the horizon the replacement line would be ready for release, without giving away any further details?

Clarity, weight, and cost make these very good values. I was actually just hyping them on a different thread to a guy that was looking for a 2-10 scope.