• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing APA "CIRCLING BUZZARD" Thread

Re: APA "CIRCLING BUZZARD" Thread

Well it's time to add to the list..............

IMG_7967.jpg

Aoudad1copy.jpg

This was a hunt donated by Keith Taylor from the Spanish Gourd Ranch at the Hide cup. I posted the story here:
"The Story"

Got this one with the "Critter Gitter".

1298173480.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jayman_10X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats! Looks like a great time. </div></div>

Yeah, it was fun.

B Veal was doing the calling and he had a coyote come in 10 yards behind him and to his right. He had to freeze and wait for it to move away from him to take a shot. A couple of minutes into the stare off, we saw movement in the moonlight about 70 yards out. B Veal put the light on it and I popped it.

From the time we walked out of the house and back into the house was 40 minutes. Quick and successful, I like it like that.
cool.gif

now there's a good hog,stay is the best command to teach um

Damn.........that is a mighty fine deer Mr. Veal! Give us the details.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ed Baker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn.........that is a mighty fine deer Mr. Veal! Give us the details. </div></div>

Thanks Ed! Hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving!

This buck came across the pasture in a dead run after a hot doe. I yelled at him to try and slow him down, but that didn't work. I already had my 300 yard dope dialed in and he was at about 250-260 yards when I sqeezed off on him. It's my best buck to date, and I couldn't be happier! Haven't got him scored yet, but the taxidermist said he's gonna be close to a 140". All the moving target shooting that we did down at GSH paid off on this one!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B VEAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ed Baker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn.........that is a mighty fine deer Mr. Veal! Give us the details. </div></div>

This buck came across the pasture in a dead run after a hot doe. I yelled at him to try and slow him down, but that didn't work. I already had my 300 yard dope dialed in and he was at about 250-260 yards when I sqeezed off on him. It's my best buck to date, and I couldn't be happier! Haven't got him scored yet, but the taxidermist said he's gonna be close to a 140". All the moving target shooting that we did down at GSH paid off on this one! </div></div>
Really nice buck B Veal. Congratulations.

Mr. Baker, Chief has dropped your name several times, always in high regard. If y'all are ever headin out to GSH, shoot me a PM. I try to head out there a couple times a month and am always lookin for good folks to shoot with.

My gals buck with her APA 30-06. Dropped him in his tracks. She named her rifle Green Bean!!

img1664v.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boudin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B VEAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ed Baker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn.........that is a mighty fine deer Mr. Veal! Give us the details. </div></div>

This buck came across the pasture in a dead run after a hot doe. I yelled at him to try and slow him down, but that didn't work. I already had my 300 yard dope dialed in and he was at about 250-260 yards when I sqeezed off on him. It's my best buck to date, and I couldn't be happier! Haven't got him scored yet, but the taxidermist said he's gonna be close to a 140". All the moving target shooting that we did down at GSH paid off on this one! </div></div>
Really nice buck B Veal. Congratulations.

Mr. Baker, Chief has dropped your name several times, always in high regard. If y'all are ever headin out to GSH, shoot me a PM. I try to head out there a couple times a month and am always lookin for good folks to shoot with. </div></div>

Thanks boudin, I'll keep that in mind.

Chief is right, Ed is a great guy!

Bradly, That's outstanding! I really like your rifle. Looking to go up to GSH's this week or next. Need to sight in a scope I had upgraded and confirm my data out to 670 for the 308. Might even bring the 338 Lapua and punish some of Chief's steel.

Ed

The tree is a baobab tree. They grow some pods that have a great source of vitamin C. I wouldn't say it taste great but it's good for you. You pick out the white inside and soak it in water then drink it. Other than that they cool to look at.