• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

APA Gen II Fat Bastard & Little Bastard

I think this would be a great replacement for the AAC 18T Blackout brake that's on my rifle now!! There's no way I'll every be running a can so the quick detach of the AAC is wasted for me.

I don't have an ETA on the 18x1 as of now. All of the metric stuff is going to be towards the end of the run simply because the sales numbers are lower. Of the first 100 LB's made we have 10 left and we haven't run the FB's yet.

Has anyone that's got these already got out and used them? I was hoping to hear how they do. Seems like a great idea and especially for anything you plan on burning up a barrel or two, it should pay for itself real fast just in the cost of having a gunsmith time another brake. Now just waiting to find out if there are any of those last ten still left...

I got to try mine out for a few rounds before I got rained on Saturday. Easy to install obviously and very effective brake.

i finally got some time to do my final test and tune on the gen ii brake and load for my gun. as far as recoil reduction. 5his brake is the most effective for me to date hands down. installation was simple. i think the small crescent does give you a better feel on the amt of torque used.

today was final speed check and confirm for my km ammo i loaded.

i went to 966 yds sent 4 . put another .1 mil on 5he gun and sent 4 more so the vert is half what you see. in other words brake maintains accuracy lock stock.

l

i then went to mid range 605 to confirm there

bottom line the brake works flawless.

ps. congrats to chad and david of team APA. two fellas im proud to call friends. see you fellas in a few days. will be good to see yall again

Is it possible to get one of these Gen2 LBs in 1/2-32 thread, to replace a radial Vais (debris splatter-er) brake?
Very interested!

Just spoke to Jodie and mine is on the way. This was exactly what I was wanting in a brake for my 700 aac thanks

I won one of the five that Jerod donated to the prize table at ASC. Thanks again Jerod. Extremely well made. Now I want all the other brakes off and replaced with this. I have cans for several of my rifles and this is perfect. Also great for a rifle that you like to hunt with. 5 seconds and you can take it off. Love it.

We just got the FB's finished up. Over half of what we are making has already been sold so if you want one of the first batch you might want to email Jodie and let her know. ([email protected])
These are all 5/8x24 and aren't available on our site yet. All of the first batches are going to Snipers Hide members and current vendors.
The price is $185

I was lucky enough to pick one of these up at the cup. Mr. Stuteville is doing two new barrels for me that will use this brake. I'm finally retiring my FTE on my main match guns in favor of this brake. Size and effectiveness are great, but this also requires no funky shoulder. Perfect! Thank you for supporting the CUP!

The Gen II FB sounds like it is just the ticket for my Remington 700P MLR .338LM. What is the standard bore diameter on this brake and is it possible to get from APA already set up for .338?

Just got off the phone with Jered, hella nice dude, sorry I don't have the 1/2 mil you need. lol. He pointed me in the right direction. You were right, Mark had one left. Order made and now just a couple days wait.

id like to see some pictures on a 24-26" bolt gun. I really like the way the gen 1 LB blended into the barrel contour so I'm curious how this would look on a 26" Rem Varmint contour being that big..

Just got my Fat Bastard for my 338 lapua. This is the break on my factory AW .308 barrel. My 338 barrel is out getting rethreaded 5/8x24. I like it.

1f1ffef3b4a46aa449369d8541c8e55b.jpg

Reactions: Mohammad Jahangir
Put 50 rounds down range with my .308 after installing the Gen 2 little bastard and all I can say is WOW!!!!! It has the recoil of a .22lr now. Damn is it loud. Thanks to Jered for a great product, I love this thing.

I was at the shop this past weekend and got to see the team rifles with the new GenII LB brakes installed on the barreled actions. For this be a No-Nonsense brake, AKA no gunsmith needed, these jokers were seamless. This design has Defiantly set the bar, and that bar is set really high. As soon as I get my rifle, I will post pics and give my own range report. Shouldnt be to much longer.

On another note, I have installed and used one of the new GenII Micro's and I have to say I'm very impressed. I've put a total of 916 rounds down range on my, or should I say my wifes, 24" .223 AR15 with zero problems.

Last edited:
Medium Palma contour, about .860 at the tip.

Can stand on my head and watch impact with my 6x47.

Smart design Jered! Nicely done.

would you recommend the gen II little bastard or fat bastard for my remington 700 lt 20" barrel?

Attachments

• 20140710_182044.jpg
    20140710_182044.jpg
    778 KB · Views: 43
Jered, have the Little Bastard Gen. 2 hit full production yet? If not what's the wait time on ordering one?

Sure. any brake is going to bark a little more at 20" than 24" per say but that's just the way it is unfortunately. You should feel a 20" 338 LM with one on there. ;-) It's kinda crazy!

Which one would you recommend for my application or are they about the same? I think the end profile of my barrel is .860" I dont want to look like I'm over compensating for something!

We are working on them now. I don't have an exact date that they will be ready to roll out but I hope by next week they will start rolling out. The best thing to do is get on the list because the last batch sold out in 3 days.

Yes. If you scroll up you'll see a photo of one. That's the brake that started this entire deal. We were trying to make a brake for the 3 gun guys.

I have a Tikka T3 lite 300 win mag that could really use this. Gotta get the barrel threaded now! I will need you guys to open it up for the 300 win mag though.

That's not a problem if we had them in stock. I think we only have a few earlier prototypes that have a knurl on the nut.
As far as opening the brake that isn't a problem. These brakes are sold caliber specific unless otherwise requested.

sexy looking brake and will fit nicely on my 6.5x47 pac-nor I'm currently building... this has been the answer to my search for a muzzle brake that doesn't need timing and can fit right on a new threaded barrel with no gunsmithing required! this is key because i will be doing my own barrel changes via rem nut

That's not a problem if we had them in stock. I think we only have a few earlier prototypes that have a knurl on the nut.
As far as opening the brake that isn't a problem. These brakes are sold caliber specific unless otherwise requested.

Cool. Are you planning on putting some out any time soon? Are the earlier models for sale?