• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Apocalypse Man - History Channel

Re: Apocalypse Man - History Channel

watched it like all shows on history channel it was entertaining.

The guy is a tool and wouldn't last a week.

Couple of observations

A gallon of fuel wouldn't prime that generator - much less run it.

Uhhh - that's a pry bar, not a tire tool...

Is that the same Rudy Reyes from Generation Kill?

10-4 Jayhawker, it wouldn't even bleed the fuel system (Which he would have to do if it ran out of fuel). Also it just amazes me how these people jump the ignition and drive off in these cars or pickups, what about the locking stearing wheels???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raptor99</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> what about the locking stearing wheels??? </div></div>reef on it hard enough to shear the locking pin and off you go

Some of the stuff was reasonable. Like hustling everywhere.

Want to know a better place with a backup generator without people fighting in front? Damn TV Station.

Some douche, some good info, some horrible ideas.

I agree palma, it reminded me of watching survivor man with bear grylls...

Well and what are the chances of finding an earley 80's diesel vehicle in the big city. plus if for some reason it was an emp that went off and strarted all this there are alot of the stuff that he used on the show that would be fried. Oh and dont get me started on the fact that i wouldnt be out running around without a weapon if the shtf. and the bicyle tire pump used as a syphoning device was way far fetched. i think youd have a easier time finding diesel in a semi broke down or disabbled.

OK so I got a chance to watch this last night -

Er, first - EMP - unless it is set off over the US at 300,000 feet, EMP is not as big a deal as people think, unless you are within the 6 miles of the blast in which case who cares - so that's not near as bad as it sounds.

He had some really good points, especially on the commo part -

I too wondered about the steering wheel.

If you are going to run your last gallon of deisel charging a battery, it's best to take it out of thevehicle you are going to drive, not one that is lying on the ground (Obviously removed for a reason).

Great OPSEC on the fire though.

All in all, reminded me of Bear Grylls but it still had some good points - all about situation awareness.

Anyone know where they filmed it at?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Anyone know where they filmed it at?
</div></div>

Did a little googling and apparently he was in Detroit.