• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Aporkalypse @ my place

Catwhacker

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2012
W TX
facebook_-747422142jpg_zpsfe3efda8.jpg

I found these pics from a couple years ago. These were mostly trapped & killed. I kill every hog I can that I see. We fly our country 3-4 times a year with a helicopter. That is an absolute hoot!!!

There is a mass grave with 400 bodies,

pigs, male female and piglets....

under the oil pumping station
10 kilometres over the Eritrean border.

do any of you ranchers and land owners tolerate yankees killing your pork? i really want to come down there and do that sometime!!!!

We have all the hunting on my country leased out. It irritates the piss out of my hunters that we kill hogs like we do, but we're gonna keep killin em. As a general rule, most places around here are either already leased or limited to family hunting..... there are some places that do day or weekend hunts.I don't think they're too awfully expensive.

The horror, the carnage, the travesty, the humanity.........damn I bet that was FUN!!

A Heli-hog hunt is on my near term bucket list. :D

This always makes me laugh, constant complaints about being covered up with hogs, and being eaten out of house and home by swine. Yet ask anyone if you can come down and help "take care" of their problem, and this is their answer:

We have all the hunting on my country leased out. It irritates the piss out of my hunters that we kill hogs like we do, but we're gonna keep killin em. As a general rule, most places around here are either already leased or limited to family hunting..... there are some places that do day or weekend hunts.I don't think they're too awfully expensive.

I've tried many times to access land in Texas, without money, it aint happening. My opinion of too awfully expensive and Texas landowner's is quite different.

If your not paying there aren't many Texas land owners that will allow you to come in and hunt. Killing pigs is one of the best things to do in Texas!

This always makes me laugh, constant complaints about being covered up with hogs, and being eaten out of house and home by swine. Yet ask anyone if you can come down and help "take care" of their problem, and this is their answer:

I've tried many times to access land in Texas, without money, it aint happening. My opinion of too awfully expensive and Texas landowner's is quite different.

That's usually because we smell bullshit when someone says they want to "help take care of" our problem, they really want to hunt something for nothing lmao!!!!

When I was a kid you could go to almost any rancher and ask to hunt, if you were respectful 9 times out of 10 they would let you hunt. Then a handful of people starting throwing trash out of the pickups, cutting fences to get to an animal or leaving gates open. This had led many a rancher to stop letting hunters hunt for free, they charge 2500 to hunt and if they cut a fence or leave a gate open they can fix it or gather the cows. I don't like it anymore than anyone else but I don't blame the land owners I blame the assholes that can't pickup trash and help the land owners do small chores that might take 15 minutes.

Texas seems to be much different in terms of land access then anywhere else I've ever hunted. I hunt Montana every year and have never had a hard time finding places to hunt. I hunt everywhere in ohio, ky etc and have no issues here either. Sounds as tho every inch of ground is in some form of lease or something. Guess we will sit back and wait til the hogs continue north and go at them then.

So all the land owners should let you hunt for free? How exactly do you think Texans make their money? Mostly, off their lands.

So all the land owners should let you hunt for free? How exactly do you think Texans make their money? Mostly, off their lands.

I don’t think you understand coldbore’s statement. It is completely hypocritical to complain that a animal is destroying your property then try to charge someone a fee for offering their services to you, for free, to help you out. Make sense?

Not to mention the fact you're from Kentucky and I'm from West By God with thousands up thousands of public hunting ground at our disposal. So someone expecting us to pay a fee to hunt is quite frankly laughable.

Texans have the ability to charge people for hunting because hardly any public land exists, it's a shitty situation for outsiders. However I don't blame them for making a profit off something that belongs to them either, but that wasn't coldbores intentions with his statement.

Last edited:
I don’t think you understand coldbore’s statement. It is completely hypocritical to complain that a animal is destroying your property then try to charge someone a fee for offering their services to you, for free, to help you out. Make sense?

Not to mention the fact you're from Kentucky and I'm from West By God with thousands up thousands of public hunting ground at our disposal. So someone expecting us to pay a fee to hunt is quite frankly laughable.

Texans have the ability to charge people for hunting because hardly any public land exists, it's a shitty situation for outsiders. However I don't blame them for making a profit off something that belongs to them either, but that wasn't coldbores intentions with his statement.

I fully understand his statement. He wants to hunt for free on someones land.... but doesn't like to hear them complain about the destruction said animal is capable of. So, really I can't complain about damages that I have encountered even if we are pursuing a means to end it? That is crazy.

They have every right to charge people for being on their land. Because you know what tears up land as fast as a hog? Tourists on ATV's and buggies! As long as the land owner isn't charging you an outrageous sum I would assume you need to be ready to pay to play.

Or make friends with a land owner in the correct areas and you wont have to worry about it.

Let's say you have a really nice backyard with a swimming pool, outdoor kitchen, & the whole nine yards.... BUT your yard is infested with stickers. Some random guy that you don't know from Adam says he'll "help take care of" your sticker problem but he wants to be able to use your backyard..... Would y'all welcome him in with open arms? I don't believe I would

Let's say you have a really nice backyard with a swimming pool, outdoor kitchen, & the whole nine yards.... BUT your yard is infested with stickers. Some random guy that you don't know from Adam says he'll "help take care of" your sticker problem but he wants to be able to use your backyard..... Would y'all welcome him in with open arms? I don't believe I would

depends on if he is bringing beer and his old lady is hot as hell....

if he would want to come over a rid my yard of "stickers" to be able to use my yard once and probably never again...why not? were not talking about him moving in or using it whenever he pleases which since we are referring to hunting on lands people from out of state wouldn't be doing it more then that either.

its your ground man.. we were just inquiring about shooting hogs....not becoming a permanant fixture of your life.

Exactly, I dont mind what land owners do, its their business. Im just a poor guy who would love to shoot a bunch of pigs, and Im pretty good at getting what I aim at. Id love to help a guy with a pig problem, but I aint gonna pay very much if anything at all to do it. And if that means it never happens, then oh well, not a big loss. I can find plenty of things to shoot for free out here.

I fully understand his statement. He wants to hunt for free on someones land.... but doesn't like to hear them complain about the destruction said animal is capable of. So, really I can't complain about damages that I have encountered even if we are pursuing a means to end it? That is crazy.

They have every right to charge people for being on their land. Because you know what tears up land as fast as a hog? Tourists on ATV's and buggies! As long as the land owner isn't charging you an outrageous sum I would assume you need to be ready to pay to play.

Or make friends with a land owner in the correct areas and you wont have to worry about it.[/QUOTE

You make a great piont about tourists on atv's tearing up land. My question is how do guys who live a thousand miles away get a chance to prove we wont? I would treat your land just like I treat my own land, and I would bet coldbore would as well. The only problem is we don't have friends in Texas and don't have tons of cash to pay for land use on top of all of the other expenses that go along with hunting out of state.

Or make friends with a land owner in the correct areas and you wont have to worry about it.[/QUOTE

You make a great piont about tourists on atv's tearing up land. My question is how do guys who live a thousand miles away get a chance to prove we wont? I would treat your land just like I treat my own land, and I would bet coldbore would as well. The only problem is we don't have friends in Texas and don't have tons of cash to pay for land use on top of all of the other expenses that go along with hunting out of state.

I know where you are coming from. But, the land owner could charge a fair rate per day. Expenses are part of traveling to hunt. You just have to expect them and budget for them. The guys with the land know people want to do this, so they charge for it because ironically pigs stay in year round warm climates. So the guys up north have to be prepared to pay up. It's just how the world turns!

What about these guys that are charging $5k for a weekend of pig hunting from a chopper? Is that a ripoff to you?

If he is using it once a year, bringing me some alcohol, and then doing my land a service.... I would say grab your damn pool floats and come on! You know how many relationships with good people I have built because there are no decent long range areas around central KY? I have made some valuable friendships from letting guys wear out my steel whenever they call me. Most of them are Police officers and you can never have to many cop friends! :D

Texas is still a free state. We are not burdened with the federal government owning large pieces of real estate here. Yes Public Lands are limited (keeps the hippie population under control in my opinion). If you want to hunt Texas you have to pay to lease and some really reasonably prices are available (on yearly leases). Or just purchase a piece of land for that purpose. If you want to day hunt or some other short term hunt-yeah you'll pay out the ass for it. As far as the landowners charging to hunt look at beef prices, fluxuating oil and gas prices, and the futures markets on grains. Most of them have the land to make a living and income from hunting is just a source of revenue.

Texas is still a free state. We are not burdened with the federal government owning large pieces of real estate here. Yes Public Lands are limited
While I'll agree Texas is free'er than most, it sure doesn't feel that way to a nonresident. Out west we can pretty much go where we want, and while there, do as we please, and all it cost's is the gas money to get there. I guess its like two different worlds in a way, I understand Texans can and do make money from their land (and Im not against it) its just so tempting to go shoot all that bacon, but the cost is a major turnoff. I often wonder if thats why the pig problem persists down that way, I know if we had a pig problem here, it wouldnt last long. Its getting to where a guy doesn't see rabbits and coyotes anymore because people shoot 'em up so hard, and if it were pigs in stead boy oh boy I can imagine the slaughter that would arise from overwhelming numbers of guys combing the mountains, hills, and desserts shooting them up.

What makes me laff the most out of all this shit is that alot of Texans come up north to where I live and into Colorado loaded up with their trucks pulling trailer loads of ATV's. and yet some of the guys on here are talking about outsiders doing the same...lol

Many an area that I grew up hunting is now closed off because some guys from Texas lease the hunting rights...
To each their own, but don't call the kettle black mr Pot...lol

Yup I wanna shoot hogs one day, but I have one problem... Texans... Not all but most... Elk Season might as well be Truck Season...