• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors appendix carry

Re: appendix carry

Does Galco make a Scout for the Glock 19?

I have done this with a G19 in a bladetech ISW holster... I just set the holster up with a straight drop(no FBI cant)

Eric, I've never seen that set up. That's actually what I am looking for. Is the kydex holster fairly thin? In other words, is there any material behind the holster to make it bulky or protrude outward?
Thanks!

Chad

The Kydex is thin, there is nothing to push it forward. I can send you a picture of it in place on my model person. The Malabar Front used to have pictures of it on one of their guys. In Glock 19 it does not print. EL

Raven Concealment Systems makes a great appendix carry holster. I would never carry anyother way. Your draw times are a lot faster and you have the firearm in the front of your body so it is a lot harder for someone to grab. In a lot of fights people tend to get knocked down so if you fall on your back you can still get to your sidearm. Just make sure you are focused when you holster your gun. Too many people ram their guns into their holsters. At the last shooting class I took I would just cringe watching people ram their Glocks into their holsters. Half the time they would miss and try again. It was an accident waiting to happen. There is no reason to holster quickly.

I carried in a Milt Sparks Summer Special for years and was introduced to the Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealment Holster and won't look back. For everyday concealed carry you need to think about the position your body is in most of the time, sitting or standing. Try to draw from a holster that is behind your hip while seated in a car, it really doesn't work without contorting your body. While standing, your hands naturally fall to your front - just below your appendix - and makes for a quick draw with little extra body movement. For me and my body type it just works, some people I know that have tried it stick with the 4:00 carry but most agree it is the way to go.