• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Applied Ballistics > PDM > BC > Question

MDof2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2020
Magatopia
I was fortunate enough to attend an AB Lab Day recently. Slight confusion I'm sorting through now tinkering with the AB app, the Kestrel Link App, and my kestrel itself. Having a bit of a brain fart.....

Up to this point (before I had a PDM) I always grabbed whatever bullet I was shooting from the the library, tightened up the velocity, environmental, etc. and all was good.

Now, setting up a new bullet profile in the AB app, I select my gun, go grab the bullet / PDM that I have, and (I thought) I was to use "Custom" in BC however it shows up as "1.0" This is correct? (so long as I'm using my PDM? Or I'm supposed to change this to use the G7 value?

3Mh4kIJ.png

E8MhCqh.png

Perhaps part of my confusion as well is when I create a new profile for the gun in the Kestrel Link app and select my PDM, I don't get that Custom BC prompt. However in the AB app, I do. :confused:

When using a CDM or PDM the BC will show as 1.000

Any idea why it shows as an option in the AB app, and not the Kestrel Link app?

sAWMVbk.png

Any idea why it shows as an option in the AB app, and not the Kestrel Link app?

sAWMVbk.png

In LiNK Ballistics, click Bullet Library>select the diameter (0.264)> scroll to the bottom and find yours, will all start with {PDM} brand.

Once yours is selected you'll get the Custom Curve option to show.

In LiNK Ballistics, click Bullet Library>select the diameter (0.264)> scroll to the bottom and find yours, will all start with {PDM} brand.

Once yours is selected you'll get the Custom Curve option to show.
I'm doing exactly that, and do not get the 'custom' option. As seen in the screen shot posted.

I'm doing exactly that, and do not get the 'custom' option. As seen in the screen shot posted.
Weird, works for me when I select what I assume is your PDM based on the name.

Screenshot_20210520-084501.png
Screenshot_20210520-084514.png

OK, weird. I don't get it. Thanks for the confirmation on if I'm doing something wrong/different/out of sequence.
I'll shoot message to NK Tech Support and see if they can provide some insight.

253 here as well, but Ballistics Database is 152000 for me

When you start the app have you been accepting the updates to the library, that is how new curves get added to the database in the app.
From his screenshots his PDM is in the 151900 database for both apps, but isn't giving him the ability to select the AB Custom Curve in the LiNK Ballistics app.

When you start the app have you been accepting the updates to the library, that is how new curves get added to the database in the app.
Yes.
However I'm not being prompted to update to a 152000 database. Although my PDM is in the database I'm using. So I'd be suspect if this were the issue.
FYSA: I also have an email thread with Joe R. Where he has recommended a few things which I'll try later tonight / tmrw and see if the behavior changes.

From his screenshots his PDM is in the 151900 database for both apps, but isn't giving him the ability to select the AB Custom Curve in the LiNK Ballistics app.
This is correct.

I got the prompt for the 152000 database while I was connecting it to my Kestrel, it was kinda of odd how it triggered. May be coincidental but is what I saw.

I got the prompt for the 152000 database while I was connecting it to my Kestrel, it was kinda of odd how it triggered. May be coincidental but is what I saw.
That usually happens for me at matches...... with shitty cell coverage..... and a low battery.....
:)

• Haha
Reactions: 6.5SH
Problem resolved. It was a chair to keyboard interface issue that was part of an ID10T error.

Thanks all for the input and info / help.
Shout out to Kestrel / NK support guys.
Second to none.