• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

April 5th, 2014 Las Vegas Precision Rifle Match

broke_again

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2010
Kansas City
WHO: Presented by Sin City Precision

WHAT: Precision Rifle Match

WHEN: 5 April at 0730

WHERE: Desert Sportsman's Rifle and Pistol Club

COF will be 60 rounds but bring 75 just in case.

Distances 200-644 yds

Bring water, snacks and sunscreen.

RSVP here as we will likely have one paper stage.

I'm really interested in doing this and I live 5 minutes down the road. This would be my first comp. though so I am a little apprehensive. Is there anything else I should know before showing up other than round count?

know your dope at 200 meters, 300 meters 400 meters 500 meters 644 yards. bring a sling and bipod. be prepared to shoot weakhand.
you will shoot prone, kneeling sitting and standing. thats it..........

LVMED

When you get there let the match director know it is your first time and that you would like a mentor. If one is available for this match you will be paired up with a proficient shooter who understands the course of fire and will provide you with assistance to ensure your experience is a good one. Also, your first match is FREE. there is no harm in trying it out! don't be discouraged by the results, just have fun, meet new people with similar interests and see if this sport is something you want to pursue.

Regards,
Jeff

Not going to be able to attend this match. I will be running the Spartan Race on the same day. I am looking forward to shooting the May Match both here in Vegas and down in AZ. Best of luck to you all. Winds are expected to be 20+. Have FUN!

Regards,
Jeff

I'm really interested in doing this and I live 5 minutes down the road. This would be my first comp. though so I am a little apprehensive. Is there anything else I should know before showing up other than round count?

LVMED

When you get there let the match director know it is your first time and that you would like a mentor. If one is available for this match you will be paired up with a proficient shooter who understands the course of fire and will provide you with assistance to ensure your experience is a good one. Also, your first match is FREE. there is no harm in trying it out! don't be discouraged by the results, just have fun, meet new people with similar interests and see if this sport is something you want to pursue.

Regards,
Jeff

LVMED, do you need a mentor? Also, check out our website for more info about the match. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Don't feel apprehensive. Show up, meet new people and have fun.

LV Precision Tactical Rifle Match info. | Sin City Precision

Just wanted to take a minute to thank the Sin City guys. incredible experience. The match was engaging, challenging, and extremely well ran. It's intimidating for most to "break the ice" and get the first time out of the way. (I kicked it around for about a year) They were welcoming, patient, and really took the time to show a few of us newcomers how to get around a match. Special shout out to Simon. He was assigned to me as a mentor and took the time to explain to me different strategies/tactics for the courses of fire and answered all of my incredibly stupid questions. I forgot to dial, broke shots w/out accounting for wind, forgot which pocket I put my mag in (on several occasions lol), even chamber flag fucked myself and had a blast. It has broken me from my normal boring range routine and really revitalized my interest in the sport. I now have a list of things to work on and a new equipment wish list. I'll definitely be a regular moving forward. If you're on the fence... just fucking go. Seriously.

I just shot my first ever tactical match with the Sin City Precision club and wanted to post a thanks to the crew. Everyone was laid back and was happy to see some new faces and more than eager to help me get going. Not one negative word from anyone about anything the whole day, just people that wanted to shoot. My mentor for the day who's name I only heard once (I suck at names anyway) first question to me was if I had the dope for my rifle, no was my reply. He calmly grabbed his phone and started typing in the answers I gave him, very quickly he said here, write this on the back of your hand, its your dope and this should get you close. Dam if it didn't put me right on the steel and I was on target if I did my part. This was the first time I ever had run the scope up and down between every shoot that changed distance. Between him, Jason and Ty (a few names I do remember) gave me tips, loaned me gear and helped me settle in for what turn out to be a great day instead of a day of disappointment. I will be back for the next shoot. Anyone that wants to take their shooting skill to that next level like I did, this is a great group people to help you get there. Jerry

My pleasure, William. Our main goal is to get more people to come out and keep coming out. Mostly importantly, I am just glad you and other new guys had FUN. The wind was certainly challenging today. Thank you for being new, but Not a total newbie. It really made my job much easier. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me or any other SCPC guys. Hope to see you at future matches.

Another excellent outing. This is my 4th match, so still very new and continue to place low on the totem pole, but I am amazed at how much I learn at each match. Each time I do this, I find out both how far I have come as well as how for there is to go. It is inspiring to see some of the great shooting that takes place; it simply shows that it CAN BE DONE. I had tried to "figure it all out myself" for about a year and when I finally went for it; I learned more in a few hours than a whole year. Each time I go, I learn about my strengths and weaknesses, I get ideas about training to improve and have a blast doing it. I want to truly thank the Sin City Team and the Sponsors for all the help and guidance, not to mention the hard work they put in designing the course of fire, providing clear instruction, building props, providing the steel and especially for the primary focus on safety. Hats off and congratulations to all the new people who showed this weekend, just fantastic to see the group grow and I hope to see you guys again next month....sounds like it's going to be a GOOD ONE!!!

Another excellent outing. This is my 4th match, so still very new and continue to place low on the totem pole, but I am amazed at how much I learn at each match. Each time I do this, I find out both how far I have come as well as how for there is to go. It is inspiring to see some of the great shooting that takes place; it simply shows that it CAN BE DONE. I had tried to "figure it all out myself" for about a year and when I finally went for it; I learned more in a few hours than a whole year. Each time I go, I learn about my strengths and weaknesses, I get ideas about training to improve and have a blast doing it. I want to truly thank the Sin City Team and the Sponsors for all the help and guidance, not to mention the hard work they put in designing the course of fire, providing clear instruction, building props, providing the steel and especially for the primary focus on safety. Hats off and congratulations to all the new people who showed this weekend, just fantastic to see the group grow and I hope to see you guys again next month....sounds like it's going to be a GOOD ONE!!!

Keep at it man, you set the bar high for yourself early on! It wont be long and your hard work will pay off. On an other note, some of us went out there today and are very, very excited about putting on a match there. We will be working to get the range ready, repair targets and come up with some fun stages!

I also wanted to share a few pictures I took. If you guys took any and want to share, please feel free!

Thanks everyone for coming out! It was another fun yet challenging match. Im glad all our first time shooter had a great time.

Jerry, you did outstanding for your first match hope to see you out there next month. Some of the stages you should have been coaching me

Congrats to Dale for a dominating 1st place score, also Jason and Will.

Paper score was used for tie breakers.

1st-Dale- 52 pts
2dn-Jason- 39pts
3rd-Will-39
4th- Dane- 32
5th- Simon- 31
6- Joe-30
7- Bill- 29
8- Janae-27
9-Eddie- 27
10- Roy-25
11- Regina-25
12- Ty-23
13-Roger-21
14- Jorge-14
15-Nolan-13
16- Jerry -13
17- Taylor- 11
18- Jared-10
19- Robert-10
20-Jim-9
21-William -8
22- Cody-6

Thanks
Dane

Great pics. I will bring my camera to next match (if OK with Base) and try to get some good action shots...

Im going to try and make the next match but its prob unlikely as my uncle passed and his celebration of life is may 3rd in santa maria. Next match i attend ill bring the go pro if its alright with the base/sponsors and get some video as well. I will be at each match that i can in the future tho.

I took 19th but i learned more about my rifle in one day that in 6 months of being a prissy shooter picking the days that suited my shooting and not the days that challenged me. I also ordered a brake and am getting my barrel re profiled as 1.25 to 1.1 at the muzzle did not agree with the off hand shooting lol!

Once i get the rifle back and get my dope ill be back and hope to learn and climb the ladder of knowledge and the leaderboard!

Guys the only restrictions on base with cameras are taking pictures of the flight line. So just don't photograph that and you are good.

Just don't be a window licker or idiot and things will be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk