• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

April 6th I ship out.

Calibur6918

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2010
Central Fl
December 29 of last year i joined the Florida National Guard. I have been attending their Recruit Sustainment program for the last 3 months, and the date is getting very close. I will be at Ft. Benning, GA for my Basic, and then move to Ft. Gordon, GA for my AIT. I am physically fit enough for basic and have been passing the APFT with around 70 in each event.

My question is what kind of tid-bits of information can help me out before i go?

For instance, number each of your boots 1 & 2 with your name in them. And break them in evenly.

Re: April 6th I ship out.

Schimmer-Prepare-your-anus.jpg

Shank, while I lul'd at your choice of meme, I'm disappointed in your choice of variation. Let me fix that with something better.

A0H9c.png

The best advice I can give you: (1) Be where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be (2) Be in the right uniform (3) KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT

I mean no disrespect-but the last one got more people in trouble when I visited Benning school for boys.

It really isn't hard if you follow those rules and are in shape(keep pushing). There are things that will not make sense to you while it is happening..but later you will see the point. Good luck!

The only proper answers are:

Yes, Sir!

No, Sir!

The Private will find out, Sir!

It's very easy to be a private in the army just be in the right place at the right time in the right uniform. And do the right thing. That's pretty much all you need to know to get through it. If you do that doors will start to open for you. I speak from experience.

I was in basic in early-mid summer like you will be. I left my bed made and simply slept on top (no covers). This made it so I could get up and just straighten it a bit and BAM I was off doing other things while most of the others were still fucking around with their corners. Made my mornings easy and gave me a few extra mins to chill.

Start memorizing your 'General Orders', the hierarchy of ranks and the people occupying the higher ranks now (one less thing).

Start running a lot right now so you don't get shin splints when you're running in basic. Shin splints in basic were a nightmare for many in my division.

Team work. The military is about team work, you'd be better off if you last in the run if you're helping another make it, then if you are leading the pack.

If you need pull ups to get in the chow line, do yours but hang back to help those who struggle.

Help you buddy get his gear in order, his rifle cleaned. etc etc

You get the point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only proper answers are:

Yes, Sir!

No, Sir!

The Private will find out, Sir! </div></div>

Ya don't call them sir, that's causes shark attacks.... Use Yes Drill SGT!

Thank you everyone that gave me mature answers, as for shankster nothing can be said about your stupid shit.