• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Apw expander vs 21 century

Matt_3479

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2009
Looking to get an expander die and the mandrels I need. I know the 21 century is popular but stumbled across the apw and they look top notch too. Any thoughts on the apw?

I’ll let you know once I get the APW Mandrel. Pete and his APW partner make really good gear, I use his APW 5 port and Monster muzzle brakes. I really like the idea of having a simple setup that has most of the popular calibers in it. Currently I reload for 3 of the 6 included and I plan to pick up a .338 and maybe a .223 to practice with to keep costs down next year. He has a discount code for Christmas going on now as well (hohoho). Only down side is it’s shipping from SA but it shouldn’t take long since it’s FedEx priority, most of my orders have arrived in 2 weeks or less.

Reactions: Matt_3479
43455FC4-A123-45EE-AE33-ED65B162C8B3.jpeg
Purchased it on the 2nd and arrived on the 10th, not bad via shipping times via FedEx from South Africa to NJ. So far I’ve only used it for 24 rounds (testing 12 rounds with each mandrel before going further with 4 different charge weights) and it already seems like a part of the process I’ve been missing. Can’t wait to go hit the range this weekend and compare the difference between these 12/12 vs the 12 I did with out it last week on the chrono with the different loads. This is a really nice kit, well thought out in my opinion.

Reactions: Drbobinmo
View attachment 7738893Purchased it on the 2nd and arrived on the 10th, not bad via shipping times via FedEx from South Africa to NJ. So far I’ve only used it for 24 rounds (testing 12 rounds with each mandrel before going further with 4 different charge weights) and it already seems like a part of the process I’ve been missing. Can’t wait to go hit the range this weekend and compare the difference between these 12/12 vs the 12 I did with out it last week on the chrono with the different loads. This is a really nice kit, well thought out in my opinion.
Looks great! Please keep me updated. If I could order more mandrels in different sizes it wouldn’t even be a question

Reactions: JasonPaul