• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

aqua man lungs

lessthanfour

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2011
Canada
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_JIKNLdEJ-s"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_JIKNLdEJ-s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

anybody here free dive?

Re: aqua man lungs

I dive often but want to get into free diving blue water spear fishing. Looks like lots of fun!

I'm heavily into spearfishing and freediving. I'll never spearfish on SCUBA. It's such a great experience and very challenging at times. I'd like to take a freediving class to improve form and breath hold, especially since I'm headed to Baja this summer for a father/son bluewater spearfishing trip! I can't wait

I SCUBA, but that is amazing. I didn't realize that they can get that deep with only fins, and still have bottom time. The only time I have seen freedivers going deeper than ~40 feet was using sleds and then they were going 200+ with no bottom time. Bottom time is what makes diving interesting, so I was never interested in freediving because of the lack of bottom time. My lung capacity isn't that great, but I may have to buy a pair of their fins, and try freediving. Thanks for the video.

a couple of days ago i free dove down to around 60 feet(stretching how deep i can go)down to a nurse shark. that in its self was the coolest thing but i cant imagine being down at 100 for minutes

We spearfish here in HI for Tako as they call it but its Octopus to us and have never gone below 40' IOT look around. This guys is nuts and hilarious. I do SCUBA pretty often. Almost 3 times a month sometimes more but haven't seen this guy yet!

It's a cool way to hunt. No bubbles to spook the fish and a hell of a challenge sometimes.

If you really want to grow some lungs try playing underwater hockey.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I SCUBA, but that is amazing. I didn't realize that they can get that deep with only fins, and still have bottom time. </div></div>

There's a woman who free dives to something like 400 ft.

Edit: Here's a dude and 328 feet without aides.

"On his second try of the day yesterday morning (Dec. 13), 30-year-old free diver William Trubridge plunged 100 meters (328 feet) below sea level off an island in the Bahamas, the New Zealand Herald reported. The 100-meter mark has been met before, but with aids."

http://www.ouramazingplanet.com/665-freediving-world-record-broken-101214.html

I love to freedive. Started when I lived over on Guam, Siapan, Palau. Everyone there spearfished by freediving so it was only right to do the same.

I haven't been in over a year but used to free dive pretty decently. Deepest I've gone was 65-70 feet could sit there long enough to drop on a fish.

Not sure If I could still do it since I haven't gone in well over a year.

The person that got my started was a local on the island of Palau. He could hold his breathe for well over 6 minutes. He would go down and I wouldn't see him and then you would hear the sound of his gun go off. Then he would come up from the depths with a big fish

That is crazy! I thought the rule of thumb for the avg person was 4 minutes without air would start to cause brain damage? I wonder if there is something unique about these people that allow them to do things like this?

I used to when I lives in Hawaii, but I was an amateur, there is actually a Device that looks like a PVC elbow that you can use to strengthen your lungs

I was just camping last weekend and one of the dads said he was a free diver and could easily go 5 minutes with no strain. Of course we all called bullshit and the dude jumped in the water and with about 15seconds of prep he went down for over 6 minutes. Quite humbling when I lasted under two minutes.

Used to but could only spend about 2 mins at 100. It was pretty funny to see the "bubblers" reactions