• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR-10 308 Flash hiders/Muzzle Brakes

demonsmokr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
The Lone Star State
Does anyone have any comparison videos for the 308ARs? I have found plenty of 5.56 videos, but the 308 is a different beast. I was curious if anyone has gotten together on this subject and conducted scientific research on the different muzzle devices available. Im more interested in flash hiders, or combo flash/brakes. Brakes are more personal preference, and Im interested in functional flash hiders mainly.

Re: AR-10 308 Flash hiders/Muzzle Brakes

That Titan comp is interesting. I wonder what buffer/spring set up he is using in the video.

I know its a comp but the JP tactical works great on my 308

Check out PWS they work and they are not as loud as most breaks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1Sg (ret)</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out PWS they work and they are not as loud as most breaks. </div></div>
+1

I was shopping for a .308 Brake for an upcoming build and was steered toward the battle comp, check out some of their videos.

http://battlecomp.com/

All reports I've read at m4carbine.net say the battlecomp is the latest and greatest for FH/comp combos. If I was in the market, that's what I'd buy.

I have tried 3. The OEM flash hider, the pws brake and the jp tactical. Of the 3 the JP gets it done. Almost no recoil at all.

I have a video with the pws here. No video of the JP but the JP is less recoil.

The brake was not timed correctly and I was getting a bit of left torque on ignition.

If you want the pws its for sale. The difference between the pws and jp is this. The pws has a slight bit more recoil but its a softer push and the JP has less recoil but its a harder smack if that makes sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj0dK0wMjBA

Out of those mentioned, which is most effective at flash suppression? On a 16" .308, that should be part of the requirement for any "working" rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jolly roger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Out of those mentioned, which is most effective at flash suppression? On a 16" .308, that should be part of the requirement for any "working" rifle. </div></div>
The SJC is not a flash hider by any means. Just a comp. I used the battle Comp at night and it wasnt real bad but not as good as a vortex style flash hider. I have no experience with the DNTC line. I could try and video it at night and see what happens.