• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR-10 Barrel & Gunsmith Availability

Phil3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2008
San Ramon, CA
I am looking for a barrel for an AR-10 I am building. Does anyone know of anyone making ready to run barrels that are reasonably available? As in maybe 2010? Krieger told me 22 weeks (January). Rock Creek a bit less, but not ready to run, and their recommended smith to chamber made the entire process about as long as Krieger. Bartlein does not sell ready to run barrels, and a few other people I contacted are into 2011 or refuse to even consider an order until their backlog is under a year. Noveske is out of stock, as is Armalite. Besides, I want a 22" minimum, and neither sell anything that long. I'll take a blank and have it machined by a good smith, but who? I am in the San Francisco bay area, but am willing to ship barrel blank and bolt to someone who can contour, thread for muzzle brake, install extension, time, and headspace.

Any help appreciated. I am after a barrel that can deliver top accuracy, in .308 (will consider 6.5 or 260 Remington), with 1:12 - 1:11.25" twist (for 308).

Thanks,

- Phil

Re: AR-10 Barrel & Gunsmith Availability

give 737Shark a call or email got to www.sharksuppressors.com he did my DPMS lr308 barrel for me, chambering, contour an threading and the rifle shoots better than me. my barrel is a Rock 5R that I had him do for me

Re: AR-10 Barrel & Gunsmith Availability

black hole. just got mine. ill get it torqued and let you know how it shoots