• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR 10 feed issues

DUB DEE

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2008
I have a LRT SASS with a cmmg lower Mark 3. when a round is cycled and its picking up the next round to be chambered i noticed it hops over the round ! i have 4 new DPMS mags and i noticed theres a little play with the mag once its in the mag well ! if i hold up on the mag it cycles great, but if i dont put upward pressure on the mag it drops low enough for the bolt to hop over it !
Anyone else have this problem !!

Re: AR 10 feed issues

I'll bet you $10,000 that if you bought some magpul mags the prob would vanish.

I'm sorry if I come across as stepping on your thread, but this is one of the biggest reasons the Armalite name nazis are so particular about not calling other 7.62 ARs AR-10s. A title that says an AR-10 is malfunctioning, and it isn't even an AR-10, can lead some to believe that Armalite rifles aren't reliable.

That said, magazines seem to be the biggest issues with the DPMS pattern rifles. I would try some C Products or Magpul mags.

Armalite bought the rights to the name "AR-10" and "Armalite" among others.
They have virtually no connection to the original company just like the current "Springfield armory".

If I buy the rights to the name "skunkworks" does that mean I can bask in the glory of those who made the name known?
I can legally talk about my companies development of the U-2 and SR71 and how pivotal we were during the cold war, but in reality I earned none of that and only bought the bragging rights.

Everyone that I know calls the large frame AR an AR10.
Therefore that is what it is.
Armalite can "suck it" if they think that I'm going to change my wording because they bought the trademark.
That is not for sale.

(No offense to Armalite LOL)

Re: .308 AR feed issues

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hamilton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everyone that I know calls the large frame AR an AR10.
Therefore that is what it is.</div></div>

So if I call every truck a chevy.....does that make them all chevys?

If every fudd on the block calls a magazine a clip...does that make it right?

You need to examine your logic and stop listening to the people you "know". Otherwise people that "actually know" will "know" you are a dumbass.

If is say's "Armalite" on the receiver, then it's an AR-10. If it doesn't then it's just a .308 AR.

Grow a set of balls and educate your "friends" so they don't look like dumbasses.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to examine your logic and stop listening to the people you "know". Otherwise people that "actually know" will "know" you are a dumbass. </div></div>

Hands down, one of the funniest comments that I have thus far read on this site. Not that I wasn't guilty of calling my Bushmaster BAR10 an AR10 either though before I read some of the great Armalite debates on some other forums. I got learned too
smile.gif

Colt owns the name AR-15.

By your retarded logic no identical rifle shall be called an AR-15 unless it says "colt" on the side.

You would never refer to a similar rifle by calling it an AR-15 would you?
Because that would be exactly the same thing you chastised me for.
Oh, wait...you do call those rifles AR-15's.
WTF?

LoneWolfUSMC YOU should grow a pair and quit being such a tool.

Do you work for armalite or have some other compelling reason to defend their purchased trademark?

AR-10 is a colloquial term.
(You'll probably need to look up that word.)

Words in collective use, with common definitions, define their usage and meaning.

So do I need to quote you?

You are right sir. I have no idea of which I speak.

You of course, may go on hoisting your brew of choice with your educated brethren in reverence for your AR10-like rifles and revel in your witty replies.

BTW, try to slap an AR10 magazine in any of those other "AR10" type rifles. Oh, but they are all the same right? That's why we can use the same name for them all.

As mentioned, the big issue for calling a DPMS style or KAC style an AR-10 is because it ISNT, plain and simple.

The mags are not interchangable. The uppers and lowers don't mate up properly. Sure it looks the same but really, they're not.
I clicked on the link thinking it was an armalite style ar-10 problem, hoping to help the dude out.

But it wasn't, and I have no experience with DPMS, guess im useless here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hamilton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Colt owns the name AR-15.

By your retarded logic no identical rifle shall be called an AR-15 unless it says "colt" on the side.

You would never refer to a similar rifle by calling it an AR-15 would you?
Because that would be exactly the same thing you chastised me for.
Oh, wait...you do call those rifles AR-15's.
WTF?

LoneWolfUSMC YOU should grow a pair and quit being such a tool.

Do you work for armalite or have some other compelling reason to defend their purchased trademark?

AR-10 is a colloquial term.
(You'll probably need to look up that word.)

Words in collective use, with common definitions, define their usage and meaning.

So do I need to quote you?
</div></div>

touche-t11660.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Touché</span></span>

Speaking of semantic arguments that never seem to die...
clipmag1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hamilton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Colt owns the name AR-15.

</div></div>

They are not identical. Many parts; including uppers, lowers, bolt carriers, barrel extensions, and magazines are not interchangeable.

An appropriate analogy would be calling all half-ton trucks by the name F-150. They all look the same, have similar components and capacity, but are made by different manufacturers. However, they are not the same truck, and someone who clicked on a thread titled F-150 transmission problems would be a little confused to find it was really about a Chevy Silverado.

I am not advocating one rifle over another, nor am I defending Armalite's tradmark name of AR-10. I am just trying to prevent the confusion that has become rampant in the world of 308 ARs. There are at least 4 completely different patterns of rifles, which use 3 different magazines between them. So it helps to identify which rifle you are talking about correctly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunsmithcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As mentioned, the big issue for calling a DPMS style or KAC style an AR-10 is because it ISNT, plain and simple.

The mags are not interchangable. The uppers and lowers don't mate up properly. Sure it looks the same but really, they're not.
I clicked on the link thinking it was an armalite style ar-10 problem, hoping to help the dude out.

But it wasn't, and I have no experience with DPMS, guess im useless here. </div></div>

You should do some research... a TRUE AR-10 (not the BS that is being produced today) used the exact same mag. KAC, DPMS or the others using that pattern didn't invent it... Armalite did... when the name was purchased in 1995, the AR-10B was designed based off a scaled up AR-15A2 and the magwell was changed from the previous AR-10/AR-10A.

In fact, that vast majority of AR-10 rifles were not even built by Armalite; they were built by Artillerie Inrichtingen. Armalite itself hasn't even built an AR-10 since 1958. The rifles they've built are AR-10A's and AR-10B's. The AR-10 went on a total separate design and improvement course than the 1958 and newer AR-10As and AR-10Bs The rifles built by DPMS, KAC, RRA, FA and the likes are closer in terms of dimensions and layout to the original, REAL AR-10 than the current 1995 design AR-10B produced by Armalite today.

So, for you AR-10B and AR-10A owners who are stuck on formalities... unless you own a pre-59 AR-10 Armalite or an AR-10 manufactured by AI... YOU don't own a true "AR-10" either. You own a totally different firearm, that won't even accept AR-10 magazines... However, our "AR-10 rip-off's WILL accept an AR-10 magazine".

(Edit: Yes, I'm aware armalite owns the trademark and patents on all AR-10 series rifles... that doesn't change the fact that what you're simply referring to as an "AR-10" is very much different from a TRUE AR-10; the AR-10, AR-10A and AR-10B are in fact all different firearms)

I have an Armalite too. Sorry I can't help with a Non AR-10 problem!
laugh.gif

OP,

Have you tried any other DPMS compatible magazines? I have found some m-14 mags that are a litle more snug in my mag well (they have to be modified to work and won't in any case in the DPMS/Bushy/Rem/RR platforms) but it sounds like a different mag manufacturer, or tweakage, is your path to Nirvana!

Will the bolt lock back manually on an empty mag? I was having a similar problem w/ my DPMS 6.5 Creedmoor upper on a CMMG lower. The first round would be picked up when the charging handle was pulled but when the rifle was fired it wouldn't pick up the next round. I put a single round in a mag and fired the rifle and the bolt wouldn't lock back. But it would lock back on am empty mag when charged manually. I talked w/ DPMS and they said to send the upper back, that it sounded like the rifle was short stroking, which it was. They worked on the gas system and now everything operates as it should.

OP, as far as your issue goes... All 4 mags do the same thing? I would look into trying either a different lot of DPMS Mags, a different brand of steel/aluminum mags or Magpul PMag.

If you get the same results, you're either short stroking, or the specs of your lower and upper just aren't matching up, holding the mag too far below the bolt.

A couple of things come to mind...
1) make sure you're magazine feed lips aren't bent down... i wouldn't adjust them yourself though unless you've had experience with it.
2) Confirm that your buffer weight and buffer spring are correct for your upper.

Threadheatsmyballs-1.jpg

I'm just a simple, stupid Marine, I guess.

That my "AR10" says "AR10" would seem to indicate that my AR10 is an "AR10." That DPMS makes a rifle that does not have "AR10" and doesn't claim it is an AR10 seems to indicate it isn't an AR10 - maybe I am missing the greater intellect required to argue the point further.

In the end, call it whatever the hell you want, being wrong never stopped anyone from knowing they were right before.

I reluctantly have to agree.

AR-10 hardware is different than the other hybrids and clones. An AP-4 or an SR-25 is NOT an Armalite -- different magazines, different feed angles and magazine lips, different components.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hamilton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everyone that I know calls the large frame AR an AR10.
Therefore that is what it is.</div></div>

Long ago I was issued an AR-10,...and just like a USGI M14, unless it is, it ain't.

Trying to be one, via Hawking (MFG's) your wears to those that don't know, still won't impress those that do.

who gives a shit if its a AR10 or not...the guy needs help. I've had both and I call em the same....there is always one idiot who has to say something about misnomers like they have stock in the company and hold the trademarks...

Having a loose fitting mag doesnt make a difference in terms of reliabily. First thing you can make sure is that the bolt cycles all the way back when you fire. Fire a single round between all the mags and see if it locks back.

Make sure all the gas rings are cleaned and the bolt is really lubed

If it locks back check the angle of the feed lips on the Mags.

I bought 4 mags from Cproducts and everyone of em had to be dremeled to work in my gun. Buy a feed lip tool from Brownells and bend the front down or up and see if it makes a different.

I had a AR10 (armalite) years ago and the same issues you had and just made some minor adjsutments and it worked just fine. If the feed lip angle is way off. then when the bolt grabs the round it lets it go half way and skims over the brass.

So you need to be more observant on your malfunction and maybe able to narrow down the specific problem

Is there any way that you could post a picture "looking into the open ejection port" with a magazine in place and the bolt locked to the rear?
maybe one with upward pressure, and one without.

I use a bit of electrical tape on the rear spine of the magazine to "cant" it forward where it contacts at the bottom of the mag-well.
I also file and stone my feed-ramps.
All the little details add up.

Oh hey, this is about an LR-308 pattern rifle! Since I only have Armalite AR-10's, I can't help here. Oh well...

Too bad the correct nomenclature wasn't used. Otherwise I wouldn't have clicked on this thread.

Darn!

Good Luck OP!

I scanned this and didn't catch all the details, but on my AR10 (yes Armalite) I put a PRS on the backend. Problem was the screw used to secure the stock to the recoil tube was just a few mm too long and would stop the bolt from locking back on recoil. Might want to check that. Other standard stuff is make sure your barrel gas port is up to spec, the block is properly aligned, and that you have the right spring/buffer combo (the Tubb's springs work great).

Some people here have absolutely no knowledge of the history of the "AR-10" design (or maybe they are just too self-rightous). To paraphrase my in-depth response... there are exactly THREE variations of the AR-10, the platform some of you refuse to allow to be called an AR-10 is actually the continuation of the ORIGINAL AR-10 as designed by Eugine Stoner, using the ORIGINAL magazine and feed design. The AR-10B built today doesn't use original AR-10 / AR-10A magazines or feed system. IT IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT DESIGN THAN AN AR-10 ---IT IS NOT AN AR-10 IN TRUE FORM. Again... if you want to be specific, call your current production AR's in .308 built by armalite an AR-10B. Wouldn't want someone to say something like:

"Oh hey, this is about an AR-10B pattern rifle! Since I only have Artillerie Inrichtingen AR-10's, I can't help here. Oh well...

Too bad the correct nomenclature wasn't used. Otherwise I wouldn't have clicked on this thread.

Darn!

Good Luck OP!"

Ohiogunnut has some good points...

How many shots have you put through this gun? Dirty powder? Perhaps a gas-tube obstruction from carbon build-up?

Good point on the screw too! I'm gettin ready to come home from a deployment so I pulled the PRS stock off of my M110 (I own the stock)... I totally forgot the stock came with a different screw; which is not the same length.

Thank you DP425.
I just didn't have the patience to articulate that and you did it better than I would've anyhow.

That's why I was questioning the AR-10 nazis persistence with semantics.

Example:

"My AR-15 is having a problem"

Would you be surprised to find out that it was a non colt rifle being called an AR-15?
No.

Would you be surprised to find that it was chambered in 6.5 grendel and still referred to as an AR-15?
No.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are right sir. I have no idea of which I speak.

You of course, may go on hoisting your brew of choice with your educated brethren in reverence for your AR10-like rifles and revel in your witty replies.

BTW, try to slap an AR10 magazine in any of those other "AR10" type rifles. Oh, but they are all the same right? That's why we can use the same name for them all.</div></div>

Try and slap a 5.56 "AR-15" magazine in the 6.5 grendel rifle and see how far you get.
What does this prove anyhow?
They are both still referred to as AR-15's and that's a fact.

The original AR-10 does not take modified M-14 magazines, and it never did.
How does this support your argument that the magazine is intrinsic to the rifle when it clearly is not?

I want to trademark the word "tool" so I can collect royalties from LoneWolfUSMC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hamilton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you DP425.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are right sir. I have no idea of which I speak.

BTW, try to slap an AR10 magazine in any of those other "AR10" type rifles. Oh, but they are all the same right? That's why we can use the same name for them all.</div></div>

The original AR-10 does not take modified M-14 magazines, and it never did.
How does this support your argument that the magazine is intrinsic to the rifle when it clearly is not?

</div></div>

What is so incredibly entertaining about this is that he's mocking me for knowing the history of a firearm for which I do not own the trademarked namesake... yet it would seem he does... and he goes on to totally devastate all of my knowledge by stating the fact that the magazine from HIS AR-10B won't fit any of the SR-25 (true AR-10 pattern) rifles... and for this reason they cannot be called AR-10s...

That would be a great argument if he weren't so ignorant of the history of his rifle, which is not a true AR-10 pattern rifle, and he were capable of grasping the idea that the feed system was designed in 1995 and does not match the original, real AR-10 feed system or receiver dimensions.

This seems a bit more fitting for you than me...
<span style="font-style: italic">You of course, may go on hoisting your brew of choice with your educated brethren in reverence for your AR-10 like rifles and revel in your witty replies.

BTW, try to slap an AR-10 magazine in any of those other <span style="text-decoration: line-through">"AR-10"</span> "AR-10B type rifles. Oh, but they are all the same right? That's why we can use the same name for them all</span>

DPMS is not an SR25 pattern rifle. It shares only the magazine. Other than that, the SR25 has more in common witht the modern AR-10 than the DPMS 308.

There seems to be this fallacy that there are two types of 308 AR rifles, Armalite and everybody else. As far as I know the only rifles that might be somewhat interchangable are the SR-25, LMT's 308, and the Larue OBR. Armalite, Knights, DPMS, and Rock River all have different receivers, bolt carrier, and magazines (except Knights and DPMS which shrare a magazine ONLY). It makes no sense to call them all by the same name, regardless of who made the original or now has it trademarked. It only serves to confuse an already very confusing market.

Alot of BS in this thread, and few answers to the guys question/problems.
Who cares what TM the rifle has or what it's called. Try to get his rifle working for him. If you are in combat and are out of ammo do you argue about it being a clip or a mag? Just pass the Friggin stuff over and let's go home.Geezus H.

Just my 2 cents.

My guess is its the DPMS factory mags...i had lots of issues with mine.

Ended up only having 1 relible one in 10.

Bought a couple of the new Magpul PMAG 20-LR 308 mag to try and it feed like a champ...ZERO feed issues for several thousand rounds now.

Send them back to DPMS they exchanged mine 1 for 1 for the PMAGS...i took a hit on it but its better than having mags that dont work.

~Mike

C-products mags also work quite well in the LR-308. I have a CMMG lower and DPMS upper and it feeds flawlessly using those.

Gee whiz, Wally, this is making my head spin!

Is there any sort of chart somewhere which has rows and columns of what is the same, and which is different, between the various variants?

I remember there being one version (KAC?) early on which intentionally made as many parts common to the AR15 system as possible...mostly fire control parts.

As to the OP, all the semiauto rifles I've ever dealt with had something like 2mm of slop in various directions when the magazine was locked in, but the parameters were designed well enough to work with the magazine anywhere in the midst of that slop.

As a general rule, if the bolt doesn't overlap with the casehead by a full 3mm/1-8th inch with the magazine fully "down", there is either a problem with the mag catch cutout, the mag catch, or the placement of the mag catch in the receiver.

Pics and measurements of key dimensions will help a lot.

Last AR10 I shot was one of two I bought that came from Argentina via Portugal... it was the last AR10 I've seen except in footage from the Congo... in the 50s. So.... calling a modern Armalite an AR10 is a joke... kind of like calling a fiberglass model t replicar a Model T.

Let's move on...

Joke or not, if it came down to it, in our court system they would rule Armalite builds AR10's, period, no one else. Mark Weistrom (sp?) bought the company, the name and the model years ago. He and his company have made improvements to the platform and its performance and reputation is connected to "Armalite AR10's", not DPMS, LMT, Bushmaster, KAC or anyone else, good or bad. Thats the reason people buy trademarks and I'm sure he's pleased with the results. All this BS about it changed hands here and it changed hands there, a design change here and a design change there, can be said about almost every weapons system on this planet, makes absolutely no difference and dosn't take away from the fact that TODAY (and actually for years) Armaite builds AR10's whether any of us like it or not. If you want an AR10, buy an Armalite. If you want an AR chambered in .308, there are several to choose from. Buy one and be proud of it.

To the OP, if your bolt is jumping over the next round (if I read right), bend the feed lips UP not down. Sloppy mags need this sometimes.
smile.gif

okie

PS. BTW, if you want to know about Armalite, ask the Irish. They've even writen songs about it.
wink.gif

You guys are missing the point... they do not build AR-10s; they build AR-10B's... they are totally different rifles with virtually no commonality in parts.

As far as different magazines... AZ EMS Pilot is incorrect. There are TWO, and only TWO magazine specs for the .308 series of AR-10 and AR-10B pattern rifles. There is the ORIGINAL, true AR-10 pattern magazine (it was a stamped waffle type mag) and the current AR-10B magazine (modified M14 mag). With the exception of a few rifle builders who use the AR-10B lower receiver and armalite itself, virtually every other builder of AR-10 type rifles uses the AR-10 magazine (albeit, minus some of the waffling on the mag itself-- dimensions are the same).

As far as how a court would decide... Hate to say it, but armalite could very well loose that battle, just as Colt lost their trademark on "M4" because of the fact that is has become a common name for all rifles similar to the Colt M4

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some people here have absolutely no knowledge of the history of the "AR-10" design (or maybe they are just too self-rightous). To paraphrase my in-depth response... there are exactly THREE variations of the AR-10, the platform some of you refuse to allow to be called an AR-10 is actually the continuation of the ORIGINAL AR-10 as designed by Eugine Stoner, using the ORIGINAL magazine and feed design. The AR-10B built today doesn't use original AR-10 / AR-10A magazines or feed system. IT IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT DESIGN THAN AN AR-10 ---IT IS NOT AN AR-10 IN TRUE FORM. Again... if you want to be specific, call your current production AR's in .308 built by armalite an AR-10B. Wouldn't want someone to say something like:

"Oh hey, this is about an AR-10B pattern rifle! Since I only have Artillerie Inrichtingen AR-10's, I can't help here. Oh well...

Darn!

Good Luck OP!" </div></div>

Oh I know about the AR-10B pattern being the supposed "correct" term. Problem is that the current Armalite company came out with a "Vintage Style" AR-10 model MARKED AR-10B. It has brown furniture, funny handguards, vintage logo and that old "Trigger" style charging handle inside the carry handle. Yet it takes new pattern Mags and has new pattern components. That basically muddies up the waters on the whole labeling all current pattern Armalite AR-10's an AR-10B.

Thing is, you buy a new Armalite, and the Model is just plain old AR-10.

It's not like there's a crap ton of vintage portuguese and dutch AR-10's floating around the states.

The whole AR-10 thing bugs me the same way Bubba likes to call his PSL a Dragunov. But more so, because there's an even split of LR-308's compared to (Current Pattern)AR-10's. This can lead to confusion. Like, parts labeling for sale or troubleshooting on forums.

There is a valid reason for trying to make sure people use the right Model designation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DUB DEE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a LRT SASS with a cmmg lower Mark 3. when a round is cycled and its picking up the next round to be chambered i noticed it hops over the round ! i have 4 new DPMS mags and i noticed theres a little play with the mag once its in the mag well ! if i hold up on the mag it cycles great, but if i dont put upward pressure on the mag it drops low enough for the bolt to hop over it !
Anyone else have this problem !!

</div></div>

Try this,
Push in on the mag release button as far as you can and back the mag catch out one turn.

308Panther

I would agree, the vintage offering by Armalite does muddy up the waters. Had they been smart about it, they'd have just built it the way it was originally, and labeled it AR-10... and labeled the real AR-10B platform rifles... AR-10B.

The interesting thing here is, the different magazine design on the 10B series; I have to believe this was simply done for reasons of increased magazine profits. The AR-10 style mags feed every bit as reliably as the M14/AR-10B style magazines. But by making a design exclusive to the armalite rifles, it almost forces the consumer to buy direct from armalite instead of using, lets say... a KAC mag or, a surplus AR-10 mag (not that they are plentiful).

Either way, as far as I'm concerned, the current armalite rifle is not a true AR-10 due to the massive design differences. They should have received a different name altogether. But, they didn't... so, yes they are called AR-10's (even though the design isn't true AR-10)... but, just as the M4 situation goes, does that mean it's totally incorrect to refer to other designs based on the original AR-10... "AR-10"? I don't think so, because they are very similar in both dimensions and operation to the original AR-10. Just as most .223/5.56 platform rifles of similar design are referred to as AR-15/M4, when they most certainly are not a Colt AR-15... even the gas piston versions are called AR-15's. It's a generic term; I'm sure the SR-25's KAC put out in 1990 were labeled AR-10's as well (prior to the design of the current armalite rifle). They do share 60% parts commonality...

I had that problem with an AR-10 built. Try the Magpul mags. I got rid of the rifle. I got an M1A to replace it. My weapon fires and feeds flawless every time now.

I owned a DPMS LR 308 that had the same issue. I tried 5 or 6 different mags, then sent it back to DPMS for repair. It came back and still would not function. I finally fixed it by selling it and buying an AR10!!!! I have never had a malfunction with the Armalite.

I've solved this semantics problem and now call my SASS my "Jesus Rifle". I think Colbert would approve
wink.gif

I have magazines by DPMS, Magpul, and from Fulton armory (C-products I believe).

They all operate flawlessly.
I think the DPMS mags are the best of them all but few others echo that sentiment.
I'm pretty sure the Pmags will split at the rear spine notch with more use, but I have yet to see it happen with the large magazines.

Anyhow, someone was mentioning your mag catch location being off.
If what you're saying is true, then that would explain things.

Again pictures would help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308Panther</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try this,
Push in on the mag release button as far as you can and back the mag catch out one turn.

308Panther </div></div>

Wouldn't that only change the tension on the spring and not the position of the catch?

well since there are very few solutions to this issue and mostly suggestions to buy something different. I myself like to just fix shit. i find it fun and stimulating to find a problem and make it right. lots of you other guys send it back and have the OEM make it right and there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT AT ALL.

A similar issue occurs with factory gi mags in the WSSM line of black rifles. i say "black rifles" because anyone calling it an AR is referring to Armalite.
In the WSSM line, the factory mags will cause the bolt to jam if the weapons weight is resting on the mag holding it TOO high in the well. this is fixed with OEM OlyArms mags or with custom mods like I do on PMAGs.
It doesnt appear to be an issue with your weapon, but more so, and issue with the mag slot not being in the proper location causing your mag to ride low in your block. you can fix this with a bit of tack weld in a steel mag. or epoxy in a polymer mag or ditch your aluminum ones.

If your weapon fires and cycles properly with the mag held up in the mag well, then you most likely need to add "something" to the top side of your mag slot to hold it up higher.

again, this is something that I have done with PMAGs for the WSSM line, but honestly, it would probably be easier just to replace the mags...unless your like me and are a natural born tinkerer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well since there are very few solutions to this issue and mostly suggestions to buy something different. I myself like to just fix shit. i find it fun and stimulating to find a problem and make it right. lots of you other guys send it back and have the OEM make it right and there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT AT ALL.
</div></div>

I agree. I've never owned a weapon that has <span style="text-decoration: underline">never</span> misfed and I usually buy high end stuff. More often than not its the ammo or mag and magazines aren't exactly space shuttle quality pieces.

If I get a misfeed, I typically scratch a small hash mark on the bottom of the mag. If I find a particular mag that gets several marks on it, that usually points directly to the problem. If every mag was doing it, try switching ammo. If it still does it <span style="font-style: italic">then</span> blame it on the weapon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
i say "black rifles" because anyone calling it an AR is referring to Armalite.</div></div>

Many, many people call rifles AR's that were not made by armalite.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DUB DEE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> i have 4 new DPMS mags and i noticed theres a little play with the mag once its in the mag well </div></div>

The follower in new mags can sometimes be stiff. Push down on the follower...it it binds in the mag going down it's likely binding coming up and the bolt can out-race it. Disassemble the mag and squirt some dry-lube on everything and see it that helps. If you don't have dry-lube any lube will work but the wet stuff will attract grime.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kinnear_forge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last AR10 I shot was one of two I bought that came from Argentina via Portugal... it was the last AR10 I've seen except in footage from the Congo... in the 50s. </div></div>

Did you ever get to finger the beltfed version? One was in the Belgium Congo in the late 60's. First an last one, I ever seen or fired.