• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR-10 NM .308 reloading

starjammir

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2011
Michigan
Hey guys!
I am getting ready to try to work up a load for my NM AR-10 and wanted to get some advice.
I am shooting with iron sights up to 300 yards. I have been using factory PPU 168gr match ammo and love it.
Currently, I have some A-max 168 gr bullets, IMR powder, PPU and LC brass. I could pick up some match bullets but don't know where to start with them. I am not new to reloading but have been doing it for about a year now.
Thanks guys!
Bill H.

Re: AR-10 NM .308 reloading

The 168 amax is a match bullet. If you don't have a reloading book buy one; then read up on the OCW method of load development. When in doubt check the powder maker's website for information about minimum and maximum charge weights.

44 grains varget, lc brass, cci primer 2.78 COAL is what I loaded the 168amax at.

I have Lee's reloading manual and also the specifications for the Hornady service rifle's. I just wanted to get others opinions on what they are using for the NM AR-10.

I load 168's with 41.5g of IMR 4895 in mil brass and get sub MOA with a col of 2.810

178 Amax 44.0 g Varget CCI 200 Win brass .003 neck tension 2.815 OAL. First and last rounds in the magazine are dummies. It seems to help out with consistantcy for some reason.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcrich</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I load 168's with 41.5g of IMR 4895 in mil brass and get sub MOA with a col of 2.810 </div></div>
What gun do you shoot them out of?