• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR-10 or SR-25 Magazine question.

gunsnjeeps

Retired Swab Jockey
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
Norfolk, Va
Why do some .308 magazines have a tall front lip like the one pictured? Easy fix but the magazines I ordered ordered were supposed to be DPMS pattern for Palmetto State. The lower lipped one.

Attachments

• 20210311_155249.jpg
    20210311_155249.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 96
Yes, the magazine style on the right, the one with the tab, does not feed in a PSA.

The fix is easy and I have a feeling the vendor mislabeled something.

I just wondered what the purpose of the tab was and which version of .308 AR it was meant for.

I'm pretty sure it's meant to feed the round toward the center of the barrel, but in practicality it's too high and the round gets caught on the neck. Is it an ASC? I've heard that people file it down, which I'm in the process of doing.

I'm pretty sure it's meant to feed the round toward the center of the barrel, but in practicality it's too high and the round gets caught on the neck. Is it an ASC? I've heard that people file it down, which I'm in the process of doing.
Yes, they are ASC. I used a Dremel and cutoff wheel.

I just wondered if it was meant for a specific rifle.

For a decent low cost SR25 knock off buy D&H magazines. I run them side by side with my SR25KAC mags. They work fine and have been 100% functional. They are the closest clone mags to the SR25 mags for $20.00

Good luck with your current inventory.

PB

The picture on Gun Mag Warehouse didn't show them either. I found the tab at the range when they hung up. It was an easy fix, but I was trying to figure out if the wrong product at the time. For $18 I'd buy them again and cut the tab if it had one.

For a decent low cost SR25 knock off buy D&H magazines. I run them side by side with my SR25KAC mags. They work fine and have been 100% functional. They are the closest clone mags to the SR25 mags for $20.00

Good luck with your current inventory.

PB
I'll look into them also. I have a few of them for my AR15.