• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR-10 question

ndaholic

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2021
Huntsville, AL
Hey there fellas. So I have my 5.56 and now I would like something with more stopping power and longer range. I have two guns in mind and two calibers. I'd love some input on these if you guys have experience.
1. Daniel Defense: 7.62 or 6.5
2. Seekins: 7.62 or 6.5

TIA!

I had a Seekins SP-10 in 6.5. It was super accurate and I hit out to 1200 with it. I had good luck with 140gr Hornady match ammo. I only sold it to fund a new build, but it's one I'll probably regret selling.

Reactions: bobke and ndaholic
good luck on your choice.
6.5cm will be easier to shoot well, but these days i think i might buy whatever ammo i can and then a rifle to shoot it.

Reactions: ndaholic
If I was to pick between a seekins and a dd build, I’d go seekins. Not that daniel defense isn’t good, but seekins is great in comparison. Full disclosure, I don’t have either but I’ve shot seekins builds and was very impressed.

All my Seekins rifles hammer. I’m waiting to receive my SP10. I hope I fucking get it before fuck face starts his new job.

I have a DD5 V1 in .308. I have been very happy with this rifle. Keep in mind that DD uses a flange to bolt the barrel to the upper. I wanted a longer barrel but DD will only sell you a new upper with barrel. Those run about $1700.00, but you can change calibers and the uppers are made to work with all the generations of the DD5 platform. I'm not familiar with the Seekins products.

Edited

I know you laid couple guns out, you may want to give Wilson Combat a look. I have the Super Sniper in 308 and 6.5, amazing guns and the pricing is not bad with all things considered and the quality they put into their weapons. Let me know if you want any of the specifics on them, I'd be happy to share what I know.

Ambi, criterion barrel, comes with agb, rifle length gas, and in stock.

Doubt you’ll find a new Seekins or DD in stock. A friend of mine had one of these for a while. It shot a little under moa. He smashed a lot of hogs with it and it never gave him any trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: On_target68