• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Ar 15 build

Lrush

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2012
Alabama
What is a good trigger for an ar that won't break the bank? Prefer an adjustable type

For what its worth, the $230 I spent on my Geissele SSA-E was the best money I've spent on an AR part. They did come out with a very similar but cheaper option, the G2S:
Geissele Automatics G2S Two-Stage AR-15 Trigger | Brownells
If that is still over budget, the Rock River 2 stage has always been a high value at around $120. Not sure if you can find one in stock though. I haven't seen any adjustable triggers that I would personally run aside from Geissele.

I think the JP is adjustable and is about $120. JP makes fantastic AR parts.

What is your level of knowledge with the AR-15 platform? If this is your first, stick with something basic like the ALG ACT at most. Determine the basic triggers don't work for you before upgrading.

The Rock River and Jp are great units. The Jp needs to be fitted so you have to have some slight gun smithing experience. The Jp has no creep and is very light with the yellow spring setup.

This adjustable trigger looked interesting enough to me that yesterday I ordered it for my Palmetto build but it is a single stage job: HIPERTOUCH® 24 Enhanced Trigger HPT 24.

Also, there are ways to much improve the stock trigger with the 15min trigger job, if you are good with your hands. I am very happy with what I've done with mine at a crisp 4.5lbs pull but I think the Hipertouch will prove even better at 2.5lbs.....

Last edited: