• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR-15 Colors

usngoat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2008
HI
So I got the wife her very own black rifle for christmas. S&W sporter. The only problem is she thinks there should be more to the black rifle than just black. Anyone have info on where I could get some different colors for the plactic parts or just paint myself. If I am to paint them what is the best paint? Thanks for your help.

Re: AR-15 Colors

Various furniture sets available. Here's one example:

pink-2.jpg

http://www.cavalrymanufacturing.com/pink.html

Almost anything can be used to paint a rifle I used rustolem on my DPMS and it came out nice. But I have also used duracoat in the past and it is a good product.

My wife thinks every gun she has should be pink. She had this AR duracoated at Cutting Edge Arms in Okc. Paul May does incredible work. I can get his number for you if needed.

IMG_1707.jpg

i didnt know you could duracote and do the webbing like gel coat. prety cool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ANVIL11-87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My wife thinks every gun she has should be pink. She had this AR duracoated at Cutting Edge Arms in Okc. Paul May does incredible work. I can get his number for you if needed.

IMG_1707.jpg
</div></div>