• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR-15 SBR?

Sumpter Steve

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2006
Gresham, Oregon
I just ordered a Wilson 11.5" barrel for my AR and I was wondering what the accuracy will be like out to 300 yards? Will I be able to successfully engage man size targets at this range? Thanks. Steve.

Re: AR-15 SBR?

accuracy is not affected by the length of the barrel, just velocity, so with the right dope it will be no problem if you do your part

Second that motion, Joel at Noveske was talking about getting logged consistant hits at 600 yards with a 7 inch barrel but just enough energy to mark.

I'm doing a 10.5 inch Noveske myself.

I had a 12.5 Noveske that was fantastic. You'll like it - no problems out to 300 or more, just way handier length!

I can hit man sized targets fine with my 10.5. 7 clicks up from 100yds.

anybody know what the velocity would be at 300 yards with this lenght barrel?

I got a 20" Wilson HBAR for my AR and paid $200 for it! Brand new, I forget what website I got it off of tho. It shoots Sub-Moa with factory loads and even better with hand loads.I dont see how much better you could get paying $500 for a Krieger bbl. Maybe I just got a good one out of the bunch. Paying for the name. Nothing against Krieger I have a MTU bbl and another for a AR but when you pay $200 for a barrel that shoots just as good as one you paid over $500 for it makes you wonder.

What they said. I have several SBR's and accuracy is no problem at 300 yards especially if you have the optics for it. I can hit man sized targets at 300 with a micro and no magnifier relatively easy. 8" steel at 200 as well but the dot can be dicey especially if not zeroed to the enth.

shoot with my 10,5 barrel with elcan specter out to 400m without any problems,but 500m no way,bullets starting to travel too much
ammo was SS109 NATO with 62grs. bullet