• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors ar-15 suppressor

Re: ar-15 suppressor

If you want quiet, change out the upper for one in 300 BLK, get a 30 caliber can, and shoot subsonic.

MGD's template;

Whats the intended purpose?

What means the most to you?
Sound suppression, accuracy, multiple rifle usage, single rifle usage, rapid fire capability, repeatable return of accuracy (off and on)?

Is this a target set up?
Y/N #%
Is this a hunting set up?
Y/N #%
Do you plan to use sub sonic ammo?
Y/N
What distances are you shooting?
#yrds (min) - #yrds (max)
Whats your barrel twist?
1:# twist
Do you handload?
Y/N (if Y current recipe)(if N what factory rounds) please specify (grain, ect)

What bullet grain currently gives you your best 100yrd groups?

What bullet grains do not work well with your rifle?

How big are your best 100yrd groups?

Minus the $200 you'll pay to the ATF , whats your price budget
$ (max) , $ (ideal)

Do you have good patience?
Y/N

Whats the intended purpose?
to be able to shoot without pissing off everyone.

What means the most to you?
Sound suppression, accuracy, single rifle usage, rapid fire capability, repeatable return of accuracy (not important, this will be a dedicated can for one rifle)

Is this a target set up?
Y
Is this a hunting set up?
N
Do you plan to use sub sonic ammo?
N
What distances are you shooting?
25-300ish
Whats your barrel twist?
1:9
Do you handload?
N

What bullet grain currently gives you your best 100yrd groups?
i have only shot 55gr federal
What bullet grains do not work well with your rifle?
i have only shot 55gr federal
How big are your best 100yrd groups?
i have not done that yet
Minus the $200 you'll pay to the ATF , whats your price budget?
one that is in stock at a dealer

Do you have good patience?
N
if you are referring to the 6+ month wait, i am already 1.5 months in for a YHM 30 caliber and YHM 9mm (set up on a trust). i am looking to get 2 .22 sparrows and one for my AR, just not sure which one. i was just going to switch out my YHM phantom from my 5R back and forth, but the more i thought about it, F that. i'll just get a dedicated 5.56 can. i am also contemplating chopping the barrel to about 10".

I'm not sure if your YHMs are thread or QD mount, but I would suggest the latter, because in my experience the 5.56mm cartridge generates enough vibration to loosen even a strongly torqued down can.
Griffin Armament has a nice QD stainless steel can for 5.56mm in the Group Buys section, or for lighter use I'd look at the titanium and stainless SAS tapered brake/FH attached can.

I agree with the 30 cal can idea... have shot both on the a 5.56 AR and there is very little/ no audible difference between the two, so why not get the more versatile of the two

the YHM phantom 30 caliber is a QD. i just don't want to have to take the can off every time i switch between the 2 rifles. the local guy has a YHM phantom 5.56 QD in stock. what do you think about those?

If you go dedicated 5.56 I find the Saker intriguing. Personally I run an M4-2000 and am very happy but had the Saker been out I would have tried it just for the flexibility.

You can get mounts for different manufactures QD systems which is great if you have AAC, Surefire, Gemtech cans. Their QD hider has this cool feature of having different length tines preventing the tuning fork effect I get with my AAC 51T hiders.

But as others say, if you have a need for a 30 cal can, buy one and save some money.

I wish I did.

i already have a 30 coming.

are you guys suggesting getting another 30 to put on my AR "just in case"?

AAC M42k if you're not going to put it on anything else. the SDN6 is nice, but a bit longer and heavier.

I know someone will give me shit for my choice but I like the NT4. Had the older M4QD as well and liked it just as much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PappaSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M4-2000. I have several, I like them very much. </div></div>

+1

I love my M4-2000. I used it in a training class and it ran like a champ. 8 Hours and 1000 rounds without an issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killerwaffles</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PappaSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M4-2000. I have several, I like them very much. </div></div>

+1

I love my M4-2000. I used it in a training class and it ran like a champ. 8 Hours and 1000 rounds without an issue.</div></div>

I also love my M4-2000 and I also used it in a training class, the downside to repetitive shooting is it will become hotter than the sun. Other than that, flawless.

corey4, I have several 556 cans in stock. TBAC 223A, 223P-1, AAC M4-2000,M4 mini, YHM 556, and SF212. All ready to go. AAC is a very good can, but for the $$$ YHM is a great place to start. I've put 10000 plus and not a issue yet. Still just as quiet as round 1. They aren't as sexy as a AAC but you can pay for your stamp and ammo with the saving. PM me if your interested.

For home defense I suggest the cheapest, lightest, shortest/compact thread-on can available. Have a 13 year old TL Guns "Smidget" I've run probably in excess of 5,000 rounds through, including several 100 round C-mag dumps (and no, they don't jam) when I had it on an 11.5" M16. Mostly I leave it on my house gun. Also have an AAC M4-1000 which is quiet enough, I share it with a Rem 700 LTR using a QD mount (18 tooth, which sucks big time). Don't like the QD mounts, have good authority on some mfrs' QD mounts failing with prolonged use (carbon blow-by "welds" them to their cans) and wouldn't go AAC again if you paid my NFA tax. Thinking of buying a couple of YHMs, hear good things about them.

I run an Ops Inc on a 556, 20" barrel, can threads on. It's a great setup and I've had zero problems. Probably put 3000 rnds thru this setup and, yes it gets hot, and yes it adds a little weight, but recoil and noise level are nearly zero. Very pleased.

I had a NT4 QDSS and have a 7.62SDN6 that I used/use on ARs. I liked both and each had their pros/cons.

in all honesty, i am leaning towards the YHM because it is in stock.

unless someone can justify it is crap, like the YHM wraith and mite i was interested in.

I have a M4-1000 and an M4-2000, on a 16" and a 20" the 1000 is less noisy. On my 10" and 11.5" the 2000 is where it is at.