• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR-30 Stock adapter

shooter64738

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2022
Mo
I know there were some really old threads on this from years ago using a different adapter. In case anyone else is looking for a way to do this, I made a fairly simple adapter for mine.

It doesn't make the length of pull crazy long like the original adapters did, and the cheek rest is actually usable on a magpul prs stock. Only down side is you have to slide off the stock to strip the bolt, which I was ok with.

Ar30 magpul prs adapter

I can share cad/stl files if anyone is interested.

Hey so I can I get those cad/stl files? I'm considering getting an AR30 but want to change the buttstock, and as you know, the adapters are no longer available....
Plus i just enclosed my bambu p1p, so wanted to try these in carbon fiber or abs.
thanks!!!

Here is a link to get stls from.

It's the 3 ar30 files (it's 3 pieces)

I've also had multiple requests to make one of these over the last few months. I'm not sure if I've been contacted through multiple methods by a few, or contacted by several individuals.

In any case, if there's a lot of interest in getting these made with alluminum tangs, I can machine some out like the one in my youtube video. I wasn't planning to do that originally, but I can.

Please keep in mind, if you install this you can't just pop the bolt out. The ergonomics on this rifle weren't super great and the stock has to be brought up about an inch to make the cheek riser remotely usable. This put it in the way to remove the bolt. So, to strip the bolt you have to remove the 2 stock screws. I was okay with that, others may not be.

If there's interest feel free to pm me. Also I'm just a guy who like firearms, I dont make gun parts or accessories beyond what I need for myself. That's why I posted the stls for free.

Reactions: msgriff
I almost bought an AR31 a couple times but never did. The combo of the stock and 308 only was too much. Gun always seemed decent but needed to be modernized a bit.