• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR 9mm magazines for Colt

Re: AR 9mm magazines for Colt

Colt markets/makes their own, don't they? I see Botach has them for $55, so I'm guessing that's an average price.

I would go with the original Colt mags. I have quite a few of the plastic mags and while they work ok I did have to massage the lips quite a bit to allow feeding of hollowpoints. The Colt mags have worked with everything from the start.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CAPTNAVAIR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about the metal C-products mags? </div></div>
They are good too. They look and function like the colt and have a no tip follower.

I have all factory colt mags and have seen people have lots of problems with the c products mags so they may work for some but not all

CDNN has Metalform and are calling the OEM. Do they make the mags for Colt?

My understanding is that C-Products makes crap and that the company is no longer even called C-Products. The best bet are the magazines made by Metalform that Brownells sells. They were the "official" Colt magazines back in the day.
Personally, I am stuck with pre-ban original Colt magazines or converted Uzi magazines. Both work well, except the Uzi mags don't hold the bolt open without a mod.

How do you convert an Uzi Mag? I will order some metalform mags.

The basic conversion involved milling a slot for the magazine release. The BHO open is more involved and required adding a piece to the top of the follower to activate the bolt catch.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Personally</span>, <span style="font-weight: bold">I</span> would <span style="font-weight: bold">use</span> the <span style="font-weight: bold">pre-94</span> magazines, <span style="font-weight: bold">with</span> the <span style="font-weight: bold">steel followers</span></span>!!!
wink.gif

Tony