• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR Ban Implications on existing owners and Boulder Tragedy

Yeah, i spent all day on a gun sight talking politics. We could have spent the day looking up other powder loads or figured out how to build a better mouse trap. Sorry i called you a retard.
Ha. You can call me whatever you like. I don't give a shit. And I think arguing about politics is health, even if it is with people whose votes are identical to yours. Helps everybody to put their own beliefs through the ringer.

Ha. You can call me whatever you like. I don't give a shit. And I think arguing about politics is health, even if it is with people whose votes are identical to yours. Helps everybody to put their own beliefs through the ringer.
I think that is true to an extent, but if two people cant see eye to eye what is the point of being an asshole? I felt like i was being kinda a dick. Im here to be a better shooter at long ranges, not to be an asshole and alienate my fellow shooters.

Reactions: Paladin300
I'm going with an armed society is a polite society. We need more ccw holders carrying and instead of giving the guilty fame give them a body bag. The gun bans aren't working and the politicians have no common sense to even make laws for people they know nothing about.
Horseshit.

So is this one of those DHS plants making this post or are we supposed to believe that panty man is really this stoopid?
I don’t need or see the use for these so they should be outlawed- wtf -thinking like this and the rampant divorce and complete selfishness is what gives boomers a bad name.
+1 for op being a fed

Horseshit.
"Guns are not for Prols." - Commissar Limedust
600px-MW_Soviet_TT33_3.jpg

Those who can't see what is happening are not "us." Those who hate freedom, love fucktards who think that rights are negotiable, and granted by government. Those who hate freedom love stupids that don't understand how taking a right away incrementally, the Maxist way, works.

Those who still want "gun control" debates, are ignorant. The data is in, the history and precedence have been set in stone. No good comes from it, and the purposes for their moves are all to well known. Our current democrat party has whole heartily admitted they are coming for our guns. So you want to negotiate away rights with someone who's end game is complete disarmament, and a group that have literally said they want to put you and your children in camps, or kill you if you don't agree with them. And a group that literally had to steal elections to get back in power because of the whole sale rejection of their agenda across the entire country.

Yeah lets go talk to them, and ask them, maybe they will give us our country back if we have some civil discourse. :ROFLMAO: 😂 :ROFLMAO:
I don’t think you will change the Liberal left’s mind, nor do I think we need to negotiate or compromise on our God given rights to keep and bare arms, however, If you don’t sit down and begin an intelligent conversation with those they are trying to influence and sway to their leftist agenda we may very well loss the argument because people empathize with their false narrative of fear.

Cursing, stomping, bullying and being a general bone head doesn’t change anything. That also doesn’t mean we just sit back and let it happen either. I agree with John Lovell’s position, “Now is not the time to bare arms but to have meaningful conversations that are informed by truth and facts and history”. Fact’s that challenge the left’s ideology and cause those who can be reasoned with to rethink their position.

You will not change the left’s mind, they know exactly what they are doing and they don’t care about our rights. Personally they are not worth the breath of air it takes to argue with them, so don’t waist your time. You can’t fix stupid and stupid won’t fix itself. But, when someone ask a legitimate question and wants to reason together then we owe it to them to give them the time to hear reason and truth. That doesn’t mean again that we hold back our emotions or feelings on the issue but it does mean we treat them with respect and dignity, other wise we will simply loose them to the left. When the time comes to be vigilant in the defense of freedom with more than words we will all have to choose where we stand, but for now this is a war of ideas, ideologies, and words and the way we fight it will make all the difference in the world and plot a course for generations to come.

Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr once took hot pokers to each other on the floor of the Capitol. A disagreement that ended in a duel. At times civil arguments must move beyond civility. I am always amazed at how the left tries to frame civility in this country. They strike the first blow and then try to play the victim. Civil Discourse doesn’t mean one rolls over and plays dead in blind toleration to the whims of the misinformed or deviant left it does however mean we attack them with truth as to cause them to show their cards to the masses. Remain calm in the storm and you will prevail, loose you junk and you are defeated already. That applies in any fight.

In a competition, make no mistake this is a competition for the soul of America, everyone is equal at the practice butts but it is the one with the best mental game that wins! So let us,while we can, run in such a way as to win without hatred or violence, as that is the very message the left wants everyone to hear about those who would keep and bare arms. Those who would defend freedom at all cost. You must, we must be calm, be vigilant, be steady and truthful in the midst of the battle, so stand your ground and don’t give an inch but be nice until it is time to not to be nice!

“All bitterness, anger and wrath, shouting and slander must be removed from you, along with all malice.” Ephesians 4:31

Last edited:
government can want what ever they want but getting there hands on them will be another story , unless people decide to turn them in . Good luck to those citizens .

This is how I know you don't have a clue what "we" are up against.
Go back to sleep.
I am fully aware of what we are up against and have been for years. And I like you at one time thought I needed to degrade people to be heard. The problem with that line of thinking is not with the person with whom you are engaged (most often if you give them time they will undermine and degrade themselves) in a war of words but with those who are watching. Be careful you don’t shoot your friend, for the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Influence is everything! And if you blow it because you can’t control your emotions you have lost the fight already.

I am fully aware of what we are up against and have been for years. And I like you at one time thought I needed to degrade people to be heard. The problem with that line of thinking is not with the person with whom you are engaged (most often if you give them time they will undermine and degrade themselves) in a war of words but with those who are watching. Be careful you don’t shoot your friend, for the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Influence is everything! And if you blow it because you can’t control your emotions you have lost the fight already.

The times. You are very far behind them. All these things of which you speak, have been exhausted.
No one is listening to your message anymore. Talk is no longer effective.

The times. You are very far behind them. All these things of which you speak, have been exhausted.
No one is listening to your message anymore. Talk is no longer effective.
Is constant babble about talk not being effective any different from talk? It just sounds like talking about not talking, but with an air of machismo. It gets old.

+1 for op being a fed
No, worse, looks like he's had an account since 2013 (wasn't there a ban threat around then too?). Then nothing really until February, then a bunch of questions about AR's and 6.8 POF's. 16" 6.8's, because you know, he's doing his part to stop crime by not opting for the 12". Suppressors are okay though because he has one.

In short, he's the type of guy to be sure to give up your rights for you in case you're not willing.

I could light up this guy but I'll try to be more productive since I'm still not feeling too great after the covid shot:

Since 1A and 2A apparently aren't set in stone and totally open to petty regulations at whim, consider, what's to stop them from doing the same with the one outlawing slavery? Maybe that's not the "Right" you think it is either...

In the end it's just a piece of paper and only worth what we demand out of it.

No, worse, looks like he's had an account since 2013 (wasn't there a ban threat around then too?). Then nothing really until February, then a bunch of questions about AR's and 6.8 POF's. 16" 6.8's, because you know, he's doing his part to stop crime by not opting for the 12". Suppressors are okay though because he has one.

In short, he's the type of guy to be sure to give up your rights for you in case you're not willing.

I could light up this guy but I'll try to be more productive since I'm still not feeling too great after the covid shot:

Since 1A and 2A apparently aren't set in stone and totally open to petty regulations at whim, consider, what's to stop them from doing the same with the one outlawing slavery? Maybe that's not the "Right" you think it is either...

In the end it's just a piece of paper and only worth what we demand out of it.
Was it the first or second shot that nailed you? I just got my first, and didn't feel anything.

I have not made it to the next page yet. So forgive me if someone else has asked this.
I had a Sako 85 300 WSM and my son had a Browning A-Bolt 7Mag - we were set up on our daypacks resting on rocks and we had been there for hours so the guns were very stable. Both shooting Nosler Partitions. Yes - I was very happy - all the time at the range - practicing paid off.
What is the lead on a running elk at 275 yards?
Ohh and for the bonus question.... MOA or MIL's?

I have not made it to the next page yet. So forgive me if someone else has asked this.

What is the lead on a running elk at 275 yards?
Ohh and for the bonus question.... MOA or MIL's?
It has to be close to 20 mils at full speed. Those fuckers will do 40mph. What is that? 5.5 meters?

I don’t think you will change the Liberal left’s mind, nor do I think we need to negotiate or compromise on our God given rights to keep and bare arms, however, If you don’t sit down and begin an intelligent conversation with those they are trying to influence and sway to their leftist agenda we may very well loss the argument because people empathize with their false narrative of fear.

Cursing, stomping, bullying and being a general bone head doesn’t change anything. That also doesn’t mean we just sit back and let it happen either. I agree with John Lovell’s position, “Now is not the time to bare arms but to have meaningful conversations that are informed by truth and facts and history”. Fact’s that challenge the left’s ideology and cause those who can be reasoned with to rethink their position.

You will not change the left’s mind, they know exactly what they are doing and they don’t care about our rights. Personally they are not worth the breath of air it takes to argue with them, so don’t waist your time. You can’t fix stupid and stupid won’t fix itself. But, when someone ask a legitimate question and wants to reason together then we owe it to them to give them the time to hear reason and truth. That doesn’t mean again that we hold back our emotions or feelings on the issue but it does mean we treat them with respect and dignity, other wise we will simply loose them to the left. When the time comes to be vigilant in the defense of freedom with more than words we will all have to choose where we stand, but for now this is a war of ideas, ideologies, and words and the way we fight it will make all the difference in the world and plot a course for generations to come.

Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr once took hot pokers to each other on the floor of the Capitol. A disagreement that ended in a duel. At times civil arguments must move beyond civility. I am always amazed at how the left tries to frame civility in this country. They strike the first blow and then try to play the victim. Civil Discourse doesn’t mean one rolls over and plays dead in blind toleration to the whims of the misinformed or deviant left it does however mean we attack them with truth as to cause them to show their cards to the masses. Remain calm in the storm and you will prevail, loose you junk and you are defeated already. That applies in any fight.

In a competition, make no mistake this is a competition for the soul of America, everyone is equal at the practice butts but it is the one with the best mental game that wins! So let us,while we can, run in such a way as to win without hatred or violence, as that is the very message the left wants everyone to hear about those who would keep and bare arms. Those who would defend freedom at all cost. You must, we must be calm, be vigilant, be steady and truthful in the midst of the battle, so stand your ground and don’t give an inch but be nice until it is time to not to be nice!

“All bitterness, anger and wrath, shouting and slander must be removed from you, along with all malice.” Ephesians 4:31
This is stupid for so many reasons, but I am not sure I can express why monosyllabically enough for you to understand. Nor sure if I could I would care to waste my time.

Telling someone who is a retard to fuck off is not throwing a fit, it is not "loosing you junk". Throwing a fit is what you are doing about us telling you retards to fuck off. Savvy? Loosing your junk is what the left did when they lost power. Yep, you can never win that way. Huh?

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
It is not compromise when you are the only one giving anything up. There is NOTHING reasonable (to use another word often expressed) about any gun laws, as so far not a single one has prevented any single death. FAR more (like many multiples) are killed with a suction tube, than any bullet of any caliber. Hell, kids on cell phones driving kill far more. THAT should be licensed, and restricted and background checked.
The OP posits that a violentperson should have limited capciaty magazines and maybe after a while a long gun. WTholy F? NO felon is allowed EVER to own a firearm except by special court order. Educate yourself, because right now you are an embarrassment.

Reactions: canman
First and only post in the Bear Pit - many will be glad
1. I love America, I love my guns, know how to use them, practice often, just not combat and believe in my 2nd amendment rights
2. There are probably some ex military or special forces on here and I thank you for serving - my cousin was a Marine based in Da Nang in the late 60's and my brother in law died 30 years later from Hep B from being a med evac pilot in the same place - I worship them
3. I should have known better than to post this topic here - it will be people like me that end up saving your second amendment rights through intelligent discourse, legal protection and compromise
4. I wonder how many of the haters on here have actually used their weapons to protect their life or anyone's - LE and Military excepted and I humbly thank you for serving society and our country -
5. The toys comment was a joke - obviously they are very serious business - I just have way more than I actually need hence the humor
6. For those that can read I was actually arguing for AR's by stating a pistol is more dangerous - and I never came close to suggesting banning handguns
7. I would be outraged if the government actually tried to take my AR's - is was only interesting to explore how they would compensate, as was said, the genie is out of the bottle and at this point a ban would only put them in the hands of the bad guys.
8. I assume none of you that hate posted objected to not selling guns to violent convicted criminals or crazy people - unless you are hiding something
9. All the incendiary and ignorant comments here were actually amusing - except the guy that posted the Rosa Parks comment - You - I would like to face you in the boxing ring without your gun to protect you.
Rosa Parks was an employee of a civil rights orgnaization. She purposely boarded that bus to cause a stink, and she succeeded. She was no downtrodden poor black woman, she was on an assignment. Do some research before you start defending her just because she's black.

• Wow
Reactions: armorpl8chikn
She should have been on that bus making a stink about the bullshit they were doing back then. Those people were heroes. IMO. They lived oppression, they fought oppression, and they won. Democrats have been pissed off ever since looking for someone to put in chains.

She should have been on that bus making a stink about the bullshit they were doing back then. Those people were heroes. IMO. They lived oppression, they fought oppression, and they won. Democrats have been pissed off ever since looking for someone to put in chains.

Which questionable killing of a black man by police didn't happen in a city under long term democrat control?
Which party celebrates killing babies (majority of whom are minorities)?
Which party has controlled every inner city slum (disproportionately populated by minorities) for decades, yet hasn't fixed even one?

Antebellum democrats used government to force people to pick their crops and said blacks didn't really count as people so it was legal to kill them.
Modern democrats use government to force people to pay for their health-care, welfare, and other freebies, and say unborn babies don't really count as people so it's legal to kill them.

Nothing has changed. Democrats have ALWAYS tried to live at the expense of others.

The King Soopers tragedy hit close to home as it is 1 mile from my son's college apartment and he usually shops there on Monday's - fortunately he was with me that night - It got me thinking about my position on an A/R ban - I have several in addition to my bolt guns. I wonder what would happen to existing legal owners - I have heard the government would pay for the weapons if they ever took them away. It would be interesting if I they would pay what we all paid - which could be quite pricey, especially when you include the scope.

It also got me thinking about a solution to the problem - I have always argued that picking on AR's is stupid, as a common hand gun has about the same capacity, rate of fire and can fit in your pocket and is far more dangerous in most circumstances (except things like the Las Vegas Shooting) - meaning a crazy can not typically walk in a movie theater toting his 308 AR.

I think if I were going to address this problem I would limit sales of high mag anything to people that had any sort of violence convictions for a long time and maybe some day let them buy a deer rifle to hunt, lengthen the waiting period and increase the scrutiny on background checks. Also I have always been surprised that short barrel AR Pistols are legal - the Velcro thing on the butt stock is a joke and they are no different from a normal AR.

Again I love my shooting and hunting hobby, but the only use I can think of for a 10 in barrel 556 or 308 BO is urban warfare. (Maybe for hogs??)

I would think they are terrible home defense weapons as you will shoot through your walls and into your neighbors house -

Perhaps if you lived in Mogadishu or Darfur they would be handy to protect the family from roaming terrorists and genocidal maniacs but not here.
The King Soopers tragedy hit close to home as it is 1 mile from my son's college apartment and he usually shops there on Monday's - fortunately he was with me that night - It got me thinking about my position on an A/R ban - I have several in addition to my bolt guns. I wonder what would happen to existing legal owners - I have heard the government would pay for the weapons if they ever took them away. It would be interesting if I they would pay what we all paid - which could be quite pricey, especially when you include the scope.
It also got me thinking about a solution to the problem - I have always argued that picking on AR's is stupid, as a common hand gun has about the same capacity, rate of fire and can fit in your pocket and is far more dangerous in most circumstances (except things like the Las Vegas Shooting) - meaning a crazy can not typically walk in a movie theater toting his 308 AR.

I think if I were going to address this problem I would limit sales of high mag anything to people that had any sort of violence convictions for a long time and maybe some day let them buy a deer rifle to hunt, lengthen the waiting period and increase the scrutiny on background checks. Also I have always been surprised that short barrel AR Pistols are legal - the Velcro thing on the butt stock is a joke and they are no different from a normal AR.

Again I love my shooting and hunting hobby, but the only use I can think of for a 10 in barrel 556 or 308 BO is urban warfare. (Maybe for hogs??)

I would think they are terrible home defense weapons as you will shoot through your walls and into your neighbors house -

Perhaps if you lived in Mogadishu or Darfur they would be handy to protect the family from roaming terrorists and genocidal maniacs but not here.
I think the point of the 2nd amendment written by our forefathers has gone right over your head 🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: theLBC

I think the point of the 2nd amendment written by our forefathers has gone right over your head 🤦🏻‍♂️
Where do they get the money to "buy back" the guns?

R

Reactions: Lapuapalooza
Was it the first or second shot that nailed you? I just got my first, and didn't feel anything.
Wait 24 hours from injection. Most I know are reporting the 2nd is worse and commons symptoms seem to be lethargy, headaches, clouded thinking and nausea. Fades away by the following day from onset of symptoms. If you are over a certain age, neither seem to hit as bad, if at all.

the more the nra kowtows and attempts to compromise, the more the left calls them racist white nationalists.
The NRA needs replaced with an organization that doesn't betray its supporters by making deals with the progressives.
Lol the lefts only retort these days is calling someone a white nationalist. By default you are just supposed to melt away at the mere threat of the accusation.

Why did Rosa Parks "need" to sit at the front of the bus?
She would have still gotten to where she was going by sitting in the back and not causing a stir.
Seriously? Do you really not know the answer to that question? Would you agree to a "white section" at the rear of all public transportation from now on? You'd still be getting to where you're going.

Reactions: 10ring'r
Seriously? Do you really not know the answer to that question? Would you agree to a "white section" at the rear of all public transportation from now on? You'd still be getting to where you're going.
Have you been on public transportation lately? I think any race at this point would agree to their own section of bus to get away from homeless junky crazy people.

I cant believe, the level of mental retardation in this thread.
This is, I believe, the 4th response of outrage over Mike's Rosa Parks comment.

Do any of you stupid mother fuckers understand satire? Irony? Sarcasm?

The world really has gone crazy.

Comical isn't it? Sometimes ya gotta just sit back and watch.

There's a time or four that I have missed the satire. So I have advocated for a specific font.

I blame the warning labels.
Years ago, idiots would have weeded themselves out through natural selection.
But someone decided we needed to keep people who had to be told not to lean an aluminum ladder against high voltage lines.