• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR barrel and opinions...

cundiff5535

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2012
Mokena IL
Hey guys, I have a quick question about an AR I am putting together....

I have built a few AR's that are just the cats ass over the last few years! I have bench rifles that have Compass Lake uppers, I have a 16" carbine with a DD barrel, and I have another with a Krieger barrel and match bolt (Mostly all Seekins stuff on all the builds).

So my question is this. I have another Seekins receiver set, a WMD m16 BCG, Giessele trigger, Seekins comp, Vltor Casv rail, and a CTR stock.... I got all this stuff in random trades and I figured I would just throw another AR together since all the parts were basically there.

A friend gave me a stainless barrel (16" carbine) from a small shop out of Cali... VytamenC Tactical 1:9 twist and it looks really nice on the AR. In your opinions, do you all think I should just throw this on the build or should I sent the bolt to Lothar Walther, Kieger, etc... and have the barrel and bolt matched up. Part of me wants to just leave it alone yet, another part is telling me to just get that new barrel from one of the other companies....

Just looking for thoughts? BTW, I am not even sure how much I will shoot this as I have the other ones dialed in etc...

Thanks,

Put it together, if it chambers factory ammo then shoot it. Once you get a fired brass, measure it and see what your headspace is. If it is close to saami specs run it. If the combo has too much headspace itll just be hard on the case web and shorten brass life, if it doesn't have enough it wont close all the way. Right or wrong, that's the way I do it, but Ive got a headspaced bolt setup from WOA that I can compare my measurements to so I know my builds are close.

I'd weld all the mentioned pieces together into a AR like art piece for a center piece on the coffee table

You've got it already, I'd put it together check for function and see if it does what you want it to do. If it doesn't, then drop the coin for what you want. You really have nothing to lose with it since it's already in your inventory.