• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR build guys, quick handguard question for you

mdmorrow

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 31, 2013
McKinney, TX
I'm putting together my first SBR, a 300 blackout, and I'm trying to decide on the rail.

It's a Daniel defense upper & lower and I intend on using an 8.2-8.5" barrel. Probably rainier or noveske.

I will shoot it suppressed but I don't want the suppressor to set back into the handguard, i.e. I want to shoot it unsuppressed as well.

I already bought a 7 inch DD lite rail but I'm kind of rethinking using it. It seems like more and more people are using smooth rails these days, like the noveske NSR or seekins, KAC, etc.

Lets hear some opinions from those in the know....Thanks!!!

If the barrel you end up using is a light of medium contour you might want to give Strike Industries a look. They make a 7" keymod handguard that tips the scales at 5oz...

I have a Seekins MCSR gen 2 and think it's great. Light, no sharp corners/no rail covers needed, and high quality.

Thanks for the input fellas. I think I'll just stick with the lite rail on this one and then do a full seekins build next time.

I love the Midwest industries rails but if you like the dd lite go for it it is a good rail