• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR Build has hit a snag.

Mk636

Private
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2009
Savannah, GA
Hi everyone. I posted here a few weeks ago, asking about building a precision rifle. So far I have a Larue Stealth 18" upper and LT104 mount being shipped to me and have already gotten a Geissele SSA trigger, lower parts kit, buffer assembly and Magpul ACS and MOE grip. I did run into a problem with the lower receiver. I was looking forward to getting the matching Larue Stealth lower receiver, but I am a California native. Currently stationed in Georgia, but I have called Larue and they said that they cannot sell me the lower receiver as I am still a CA resident. I have been looking around and some reviews have said that the Larue Stealth upper does not always fit other manufacturers' billet or forged lowers. Can anyone tell me more about this or suggest other lower receivers I can purchase instead? Thanks!

Re: AR Build has hit a snag.

Become a Georgia resident,you can buy what you want then,and stop paying Commiefornia income tax at the same time.What a concept,eh??

the best thing about the military is you can change state residency very easily. Get a new drivers license, new tags for the car and change to GA on your LES and you quickly become a Georgia resident and whala - no more weapon problems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Become a Georgia resident,you can buy what you want then,and stop paying Commiefornia income tax at the same time.What a concept,eh??</div></div>

I agree with this
smile.gif

Lee.

MK636,
They are right. Just drop your CA drivers license and pick up a GA one. I am from NC but tagged my car in VA while I was active duty in the Marines. Saved me a bunch of taxes on the car and then NC switched it over with out paying taxes. There is no gun issues in NC or VA but still made life eaiser. When I got transfered to Lejeune I just retagged the car and changed the address on my license to my new address out in town. Plus some states don't charge active duty income taxes. Not sure if GA is one but worth a shot.

Here is the very bad part. If you buy the rifles now and decide to move back to CA later you can never take them with you if they are banned. So that might decide if you want to buy them in the first place.

Good luck to you
Watch your 6

I hate to say it (because LaRue is one of my favorite manufacturers) - but they are CA “unfriendly” so you will need a third party FFL 01 or handle your transfer to CA. Yes it’s perfectly legal and NO, I have NO idea why Mr. Mark LaRue would hold out on us other than pure laziness to sell to owners in this state…

Yeah – I already own an 18-inch “stealth” w/13.2 inch rails but they don’t give a shit if you are a customer in CA. Get over it – because LaRue is telling me to “stuff-it” - should I want to pair my LaRue Upper to a “LaRue” lower… Sadly, LaRue is not a CA-Friendly dealer.

As an alternate – I recommend Stag as a quality AR parts maker.

Good luck on your builds.