• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR-Comp successes in 308 Short barrel question.

bluejay75

PX Ranger
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2021
North Carolina
Greetings Gents,

In this resource constrained environment I need to use what I have on hand and hold on to known commodities (Varget and 4064).

I have a 16.5 inch rifle that shoots 178 ELDX @2600 FPS with Ramshot TAC but I’m almost out of that as well.

I have 2 pounds of AR Comp that I would love to net 250 rounds of reasonably accurate rounds with the ELDX.

Has anyone run that combo or similar. These are hunting loads and I would rather shoot only 3-4 test loads.

Point me to a good window using CCI 34, 178 ELDX, Lapua Brass and AR Comp powder. If someone reading this has quick load that would be awesome if I could see what they think max is with this combo and speeds I should expect at that barrel length.

I have 4 pounds of VV N540 with the same components to use if you have knowledge on that.

It is important whether you observed a flash or fireball using those powders as well.

Thank’s much,
JB