• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR Handgard Search

SporterII

Minuteman
Nov 23, 2006
Central Fl. USA
I am looking for an 11”-12”, 1.5” id. Handgard assembly. Preferably round, front buis capable.
Nothing fancy really needed
3F3C8B54-C101-422E-86DE-F4C41715543D.jpeg

Reactions: camocorvette
Presma tube handguard, drill and tap it for a pic rail...at least that's what I did. You can get the handguards for like $25 bucks. They exceeded my expectations.

lol he said nothing fancy.

You could do an Apex Gatorgrip. It's 1.7" ID and would give plenty of clearance. Then throw on their top picatinny rail adapter and you're BUIS ready.

from their site
apex_slider2.jpg
right but centurion sales page has some smoking deals and are cheaper than the 'cheaper' ones right now. I bought 2 of their blems and I can't find the blem. That is the only reason I say Centurion. I personally can't stand when someone says 'I have 100 to spend on x' and then people offer b at $200 lol

Reactions: SwedishMoose
right but centurion sales page has some smoking deals and are cheaper than the 'cheaper' ones right now. I bought 2 of their blems and I can't find the blem. That is the only reason I say Centurion. I personally can't stand when someone says 'I have 100 to spend on x' and then people offer b at $200 lol
oh wow those are some good deals! Nice lookin out!

Reactions: RUTGERS95
ALG Defense VMR rails
V1-V2-Diagram.png

ALG's EMR rails are among my favorite for the money, but they measure 1.46" on the ID. Probably a bit tight for a suppressor. I'd go for a carbon fiber tube if covering a suppressor to minimize the heat radiating to the handguard.

Someone else mentioned Precision Reflex - they're well made & extremely robust, but a bit heavy for carbon fiber. I love their Delta handguard on my SPR, but unless you're building a Mk12 "clone" you should probably look at Coda Evolution, Smoke Composites, or another more modern design to save some weight if spending the extra money on carbon fiber.

Last edited:
I have a Troy 15" that is octagonal that isnt being used, but also check out Radical , they may have something.

Breek arms
I am putting one on in a couple minutes.

V1-V2-Diagram.png

ALG's EMR rails are among my favorite for the money, but they measure 1.46" on the ID. Probably a bit tight for a suppressor. I'd go for a carbon fiber tube if covering a suppressor to minimize the heat radiating to the handguard.

Someone else mentioned Precision Reflex - they're well made & extremely robust, but a bit heavy for carbon fiber. I love their Delta handguard on my SPR, but unless you're building a Mk12 "clone" you should probably look at Coda Evolution, Smoke Composites, or another more modern design to save some weight if spending the extra money on carbon fiber.
I can’t find these would like to have one in 12”

Breek arms
I am putting one on in a couple minutes.
How are you liking the Breek hand guard?

I have a second one now .
No problems with them and will probably be used in the next build.

Reactions: Codiekfx400
I know this is a thread necro, but will second the vote for Aero Precision’s 1.5+” ID hand guards. Have them on a couple upper builds; typically secondary uppers for my several SBR’d lowers, etc. so I can run the can under the hand guard:

10.5” 450 Bushmaster paired with a huuuuuge Bowers 458 versadapt can:

i-KGMhBDg-X3.jpg

i-fWHjC45-X3.jpg

Makes a great ‘little’ pig thumper when I’m in the deep cedar scrub we have here in Texas, instead of shooting from a blind over bait

i-pQXQdq7-X3.jpg

Don’t really have many pics of this PCC I built that takes the same magazines (and uses the same cans) as my G21. This one uses an Odin Works hand guard though:

i-bRLZgNW.jpg

…pic of the barrel length, taken when I was still gathering parts before Cerakote and assembly:

i-RMcqDps.jpg

…an old pic from when this one still had the pistol buffer tube when I was still waiting for the Form 1 tax stamp to clear:

i-sG3892j.jpg

It’s a custom blue-weave carbon fiber tube mated to a barrel nut; honestly don’t recall who made it…something with the word ‘carbon’ in the name as I recall though. It’s part of a set I built up for my son…this one a 9.5” barrel 300BLK upper, the other a 5.56 with a 12” barrel.

i-xxL3hgp.jpg

…and finally, another one with an Aero hand guard; just a standard 12.5” 5.56 upper. This one’s a build where I tried to match the gold/tan anodizing on the Reptilia scope mount; turned out very….well, gold! LOL.

F53E54F5-5B92-43CA-9E0A-77DF9A9B5033-4K.jpg

The NF scope has since migrated to another rifle, and I now have an older pantone-color S&B short dot mounted, but you get the idea here:

29977AD2-70C1-480E-A98C-D93B8A4AF722-4K.jpg