• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR help...please

ANGLICOMarine

Retired Marine
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
Okay, I'm baffled about the problem I encountered today at the range.

I brought two ARs to the range, a Seekins Precision lower with an HK MR556 upper and a bone stock M&P15 Tactical. I loaded the first mag in the Seekins/HK and it would not fire (it didn't even dent the primer). I then switched uppers and lowers according to the below.

Brought to the range:
Seekins Lower/HK upper: Doesn't fire
M&P Lower/Upper (stock): Fires

Switched at the range:
M&P Lower/HK upper: Fires
Seekins Lower/M&P upper: Fires

Please advise...

I've heard of this issue before. I believe It has to do with the shape of the hammer. Apparently, some shapes do not engage the HK firing pin properly. Look at the difference in the face of the hammer on the Seekins and S&W. Does the M&P have a flatter hammer?

Try swapping the trigger assemblies... I'm not sure which are best suited for the HK but I know there's several threads around that discuss this same issue. If it works, maybe can pick up an additional MP trigger/hammer assembly.

Hope that helps,

Good luck-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

921fbe13ff5ee5816351ed40a0585df7.jpg

Here's a rock river and Geislee match I own. Do you have one that's flat like RR and one cut out like other?

Edit: hold on, photobucket fail
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
BobD-
The hammers ARE different shaped...I should have mentioned that the M&P is bone stock EXCEPT for an after market match trigger that is...FLAT and doesn't have the angle milspec hammers do at the top.

Thank you for the help..