• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR Pistol Build

OP if you wanted a cheap 300BO here you go. Just drop it on your Seekins lower.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I wasnt asking any quesitons, I was giving you facts. You obviously dont know what youre talking about. Having the knockdown power of a 45 in a rifle is NOT knockdown power for a rifle... Thats pistol knockdown power IN a rifle when shooting subs.... Unless for fun, no use, no shine.

Shooting supers at 2150 with a good expanding bullet has more than DOUBLE the knockdown power then your subs....So you can compare for yourself, here is Black Hills 300blk ammunition page for 1 source of reference...... Their 220GR subsonic ammo has 537ft lbs of energy...... Their 125 TMK supersonic ammo Im referring to has 1224ft lbs of energy...Big difference Like I said in my previous post. 300blk subs are for fun...

Ive done some pretty extensive testing with 300blk for accuracy and expansion 4-5 years ago. You may LIKE shooting subs, but from a useful standpoint, they dont compare to supers. Also, 300blk supers are quiter out of my 10" 300blk than 5.56 out of my 10.5" 5.56 by a very noticable amount. Now Im testing and talking about practical use, not fun range toys.

Here is final load confirmation after doing a lot of accuracy testing across 5 300blk barrels 4-5 years ago then expansion testing. This 125 TMK expands like an HST, retaining all its weight and opening up into a nasty flower pedal. I gotta find the expansion pictures. I tested 200, 220gr and various 110-125gr bullets. The 110 TSX and 125 TMK are the only ones that expanded. Thats my 10" SBR 300blk 7 five shot groups @ 100yds from the bench, bipod and rear bag with a Vortex Razor Gen1 5-25 to confirm accuracy with the final load.

For some background, I refused to get into 300blk for many many years. I kept hearing its not an accurate cartridge, its a fun gun to shoot subs very quite on steel at the range. I set out with a goal to prove some people wrong. I wanted head shot accuracy from 100yd and in with supers. Home defense/truck gun with eyeball accuracy. I have to say, I didnt think I was going to achieve my goals and almost wrote off the 300blk and agreed with everyone telling me it wasnt an accuracy cartridge. I went through 3 barrels from top names and they ALL shot between 1.25-4moa... Not what I was looking for. I decided to test 1 more barrel and it exceeded my expectations. The Rainier Ultramatch 10" 300blk... It wasnt even close. You can see the 0.521" aggregate @ 100yd over 7 groups (35rds). Thats DAMN GOOD for ANY AR, let alone 300blk SBR... Even though I had no intentions of shooting it at distance, decided one day to see how far I could walk it out. I went 10 for 10 on 12" steel at 200, 300, 400 and 500yd no problem. It was dead on with my LPO on 5x.. I have now had 2 of these same barrels and they both shot exactly the same with the same load. Just to give some background.

I said knockdown power which a subsonic 300 round still has. I also believe I prefaced my statement by saying it was my opinion. I wasn't comparing it with anything else, all I said is it still has knockdown power and its quiet. You really need to learn how to read before you run your trap telling other people what they do or do not know. There are your "facts."

• Wow
Reactions: db2000
The Rainier Ultramatch 10" 300blk... It wasnt even close

Thank you Padom! Very impressive 7 x 5 from a SBR. That barrel info is a Gold nugget take away for me. Really highlights the importance of the barrel in the AR platform.

@Cherodjr - I like the Troy & LWRC's skirmish folding back up sights.

Reactions: padom
OP, sorry to derail your thread. Just trying to keep accurate information here thats all.

If I were you, I would recommend a 5.56 as my first shorty AR.. Very cheap, fun and accurate to shoot...
No problem, I have enjoyed the read! Have a great weekend!
Charles

Update! Tomorrow, the 12th marks my 7th week of what I hope is an 8 week back order of my Seekins CQ PDW (black). Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JS8588
The DD MK18 75th Range edition is ridiculously cheap right now. I'd jump on it!

Well, if you enjoy planning and executing a project down to the very last component, and decide not to go cheap, maybe I can work on some ideas with you.

IMG_8525.jpeg

IMG_8589.jpeg

IMG_8441.jpeg

You have some very cool builds. I'm interested in 10.5" 5.56 myself. Budget around the same.

Reactions: MSTN
....IMHO, "truck guns" imply something short & portable and quick to deploy. If one was carrying it around in your vehicle and you find yourself in a "SHTF" scenario, the engagement distances are going to be <100yds as one tries to escape the confines of the looming "SHTF". Padom's test results are very convincing for going with .300BLK over 5.56 in a 10" or less barrel configuration, as also shown in AAC's test data for supersonic ammo. The .300BLK will also have better "barrier blind" capability in the type of scenario described above. The cost of factory .300BLK isn't that much more than .223/5.56, especially in the current CV-19/election market situation. If you reload, it's even more cost effective and roughly the same as for reloading 5.56 on a "per round cost". My personal choice for 25-250yds is my .300BLK in 10.1" w/supers.

Attachments

• 300-BLK_Page_28.png
    300-BLK_Page_28.png
    794.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Inked20200824_170518_LI.jpg
    Inked20200824_170518_LI.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 54