• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AR SBR engraving

krw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2004
Arkansas
I need to send an AR lower to someone to get engraved so I can apply for SBR lower paperwork. I would like a professional engraving job and a decent turnaround time. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks! krw

Ident Marking, they have done a few for me and came out great.

Home

+1 for Ident Marking Services. They've done my SBR lowers. They do a first-class job, and they're really wonderful people to boot. Good turnaround time and prices as well. I had mine marked alongside the trigger, in the top of the trigger guard; they have several examples of that and other areas for the engraving on their website.

Ident all the way, but you can just have the trigger guard engraved, 737Shark has the letter from the ATF.

Ident and Orion are both top notch and I have used both. Turnaround is better at Orion.

--Daniel

Another Ident supporter here. They did mine inside the mag well flare... looks great, and it's unobtrusive. Great folks over there, too...

I do CNC engraving of AR's all the time. Normal job is the RH side above the trigger pins 2-3 lines center justified and blackened. .070" high, .006" deep. Very discrete, not a billboard. I can do the side of the mag-well as an alternate location or any flat surface. Turnaround is typically one weekend.

My vote is not to have it engraved until you get your paperwork back. The ATF has been a PITA lately so if you are planning on getting it engraved ahead of time, do not use any abbreviations, etc.