• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ar standard stock

weberj62

Sgt/K9
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2011
IL
i was wondering if anyone else has a problem with the standard ar gas tube bieng to short. i just think that mine feels short and my buddies as well any thoughts

Re: ar standard stock

Does it work?
If it does than it is fine and length doesn't matter. The standard carbine is around 7" I believe.

Sorry I said the wrong term with the gas tube. I mention the stock tube. No I am not new to guns just dumb with ar parts cuz i am new to the ar world.

You mean the buffer tube, right? The tube inside the stock that the buffer rides in? And do you mean the A-2 fixed stock or M-4 style collapsable? If it is the A-2, DPMS makes a spacer to increase LOP. I don't know of any way to increase the LOP on a carbine but someone else might.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deputy 308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry I said the wrong term with the gas tube. I mention the stock tube. No I am not new to guns just dumb with ar parts cuz i am new to the ar world. </div></div>

The receiver extension? That sounds like the word you're searching for.