• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR stock other than PRS?

RichS

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2001
PG County Maryland
Ok, so I'm building up my precision/3-gun rig with a WOA 18" tube. Now, I'm thinking about stock choices. I don't really want something like the PRS, it just seems a little too big. How is the Magpul MOE rifle stock? I was thinking either that or maybe a Battle Link Minimalist with the added cheekpiece? Thoughts?

I recently put the MOE Rifle stock on my SPR and its about perfect for me. But my eye line with my cheek weld appears to be naturally higher than a lot of people report. The MOE Rifle stock makes my eye fall right in line with the scope(Viper PST 2.5-10x32 in a Bobro mount) on my gun.

I have a PSR on my LMT MWS and I have the cheek piece dropped as low as it will go. Im contemplating selling it and swapping to a fixed MOE Rifle stock.

I recently put the MOE Rifle stock on my SPR and its about perfect for me. But my eye line with my cheek weld appears to be naturally higher than a lot of people report. The MOE Rifle stock makes my eye fall right in line with the scope(Viper PST 2.5-10x32 in a Bobro mount) on my gun.

I have a PSR on my LMT MWS and I have the cheek piece dropped as low as it will go. Im contemplating selling it and swapping to a fixed MOE Rifle stock.

I'm using the MOE on my Noveske SPR with the same scope (ADM mount not Bobro) and like it quite a bit.

For 3 gun I run an ACE ARFX skeleton stock. It works well for me. I'm 6' 5" so I like the LOP from an A2 length stock for a game gun and the weight savings is nice

For 3 gun I run an ACE ARFX skeleton stock. It works well for me. I'm 6' 5" so I like the LOP from an A2 length stock for a game gun and the weight savings is nice

I also run the ACE ARFX on my 3 gun rifle. It's one of the most lightweight rifle stocks out there.

Another good choice is the Luth AR if you want PRS type options without the PRS weight and price.

I really like the UBR but I'm not sure how it would be for 3 gun.

I'm running an A5 on my semi-precision Noveske 16" and just recently switched from an STR to an Emod and have been enjoying it. Just heavy enough to balance out the 16" and gives a great cheek weld and LOP. Liked it so much I just bought the Imod for my 14.5" lightweight irons only rifle.

Sent from my awesome iPhone using Tapatalk

I run the CTR. Its the same profile as the MOE but it has sling attachments and a locking lever to take out the slop once it is in your desired LOP position.

My favorite Magpul stocks are the CTR, ACS and the STR. Cant go wrong with any of them.

The lower I'm using already has an A2 (my old hi power lower) and I'll try that first. I also have a couple ACS's lying around to try as well. If neither of those work, then I guess I'll start looking at other options like the MOE, Luth, XLR etc.

I luv the maul ctr it's the more with a locking adjustment that I find better for precision. Also check out the magpul acl, I like it even better than the ctr/me for cheeckweld, and it comes with storage compartment (s) depending on the variant you get, the only downside is its 3-4 ozs more than the moe/ctr. The Lothar stock is an awesome full length stock with the same adjustments as the magpul prs and weighs a pound less. It just doesn't have the bottle rail for a rear monopod attachment. If u want a rear monopod then the ctr works with the larue mount.....

I have a mag-pul ctr on a 458 socom and it has been one tough s.o.b. and stood up to the recoil for 7 years I also recently built a beowulf and put a moe rifle stock on it and like it a lot I would consider it for a precision rifle . I tried a prs stock at one time and it now lays in a box in my shop .

I have a Magpul PRS on my gas gun and my bolt gun. I like them a lot. If you are shooting with a rear bag that is the best way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually prefer the UBR. It's heavy, sure, but it's rock solid as well. I'm not a long-armed dude so I don't need a really long LOP. UBR works great for me, and it feels great whether you're shooting prone, kneeling, or from a barrier.

I like the Vltor line personally for run and gun type shooting. For anything precision related I like the A2 style stocks. Yet to find anything that can do both extremely well.

The lower I'm using already has an A2 (my old hi power lower) and I'll try that first. I also have a couple ACS's lying around to try as well. If neither of those work, then I guess I'll start looking at other options like the MOE, Luth, XLR etc.

I've actually switched a few of my stocks back to A2's. See how your's works first. A lot to be said for simplicity.

I just ordered the XLR Tactical AR Butt Stock to try out. It looks like a great option. Fully adjustable, lighter than the PRS gen 3, less expensive than the PRS. It seems to be in between the PRS and LuthAR stocks in terms of weight and price.

https://xlrindustries.com/products/tactical-ar-butt-stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mpk1996
Even though this is nercothreaded AF, how are those Luth-ar stocks. I really like the look of the mba-4. It should offer some rifle features like the ability to use a support hand in a more traditional sense, and have the flat bottom to ride a bean bag when shooting prone. It's also much lighter than the PRS to run on a hunting rifle that will be carried a lot. I think I might run that on my new 6.5 grendel build I'm trying to keep on the lighter side.Anyone with personal experience care to comment?

I have a moe fixed rifle stock modded with and XLR ar cheekrest. Solid, light, and it allows me to set eye height

I was trying to find something else, XLR was going to be my next choice, but i ended up with the PRS because it just felt good and easy to get behind. Dont really care how heavy it gets IMO.

I have been waiting for someone to have the XLR AR stock on sale before I pick one up. I think its going to be the sweet spot for precision ARs in weight and functionality.

Another vote for the ACE ARFX here. I didn't like them at first, but after using one they're really nice. Plus fairly cheap and light.

I like the Luth-AR. Gives you the adjustability without the bulk and weight....

I put an XLR AR stock on my JP 6.5 Grendel - well made, works great.

Attachments

• photo46950.jpg
    photo46950.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 30
I mounted the Luth MBA-1 on my Stag Model 6 Super Varminter just in time for my 20 Y/O 5' 3" Granddaughter to shoot it at the SW LR Nationals MR (F T/R) matches.

I am 6' 5" and the adjustments allow me to shoot the same rifle very comfortably.

From now on, all my precision AR's will use this stock.

Greg

Reactions: Austan
That's great to hear Greg and I value your advice. I'm going to grab one of the carbine versions to run on the new build.