• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR stock question

Namekagon

Oracle of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2018
Wausau, WI
Ok, I’ve searched a little for this, but wasn’t getting helpful info. What I would like to know is, in a pinch, will a standard plastic commercial bushmaster style collapsible buttstock work on a mil-spec tube?

By work, I mean locks up at least on 1 or 2 adjustment positions. Don’t care if it rattles around. Just has to be shoulderable.

thoughts?

Mil spec diameter is smaller. So wouldn’t a commercial stock fit on the mil tube, but be extra loose? What I’m wondering is if it will lock into an adjustment notch.

Its the usual problem AR owners have. Bunch of spare parts laying around, trying to conglomerate them together again into something functional as a backup gun. I have been offered a free mil-spec tube, but stock i have is commercial. Hence the question.

The true danger of AR-15s is that any leftover parts other than springs or roll pins will end up in you building an entire AR-15.

Sounds like you need to sell the stock you already have. You know, before you buy a commercial-spec tube and a mil-spec stock to complete your 2 new ARs.

The true danger of AR-15s is that any leftover parts other than springs or roll pins will end up in you building an entire AR-15.

Sounds like you need to sell the stock you already have. You know, before you buy a commercial-spec tube and a mil-spec stock to complete your 2 new ARs.
Been there, done that!

Buffer tubes are cheap, buy the right tube before you have to start a second back up gun.

dude, ive got a dozen of those basic Milspec tube M4 collapsible buttstocks floating around.

PM me your addy and ill send one off to you. hell ill even cover shipping if you promise to return the favor to someone else one day.

dude, ive got a dozen of those basic Milspec tube M4 collapsible buttstocks floating around.

PM me your addy and ill send one off to you. hell ill even cover shipping if you promise to return the favor to someone else one day.

Very cool. PM inbound.

Reactions: JS8588