• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR technical questions

ralfabco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2009
Houston, Texas
I want to buy a Giesselle trigger for my AR. How do I know, if I have a small or large pin ?

In addition, I have the Post 1994 Colt Match Target lower. I guess, it does not even mount the (milspec) Colt uppers ? I am sure these have a sear block.

Is a universal pin available, that mounts the front of the receiver, to the front of the upper ? Again, you have different holes.

Thanks in advance.

Re: AR technical questions

A buddy of mine has a post 1994 ban era Colt match target. It has large trigger pin holes, the sear block and the large front takedown hole that uses the pin that is captured by a screw. Sounds next to identical to yours. His has a 20" Hbar with a bare muzzle.

He got an upper just like the one I linked and we swapped everything over so he could run a scope. I know he was looking at getting a Giesselle trigger for it.

I think the term "old" is relative. There are SP1's that have small trigger pins. There are new 6920's that have small takedown and small trigger pins. And a slew of other configurations. I have buddies who are really well versed in the nuances, but I really didn't care much about that crap.

Just take a pair of calipers to your pins and use kirks measurements.

Re: AR technical questions

You'll have to measure to be sure. Sometime in 2008-2009, Colt went back to .154" trigger pins on everything.