• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR trigger

In the $150 price range, the Rise Armament 434 is a solid unit. I have quite a few of them
I tried the Rise triggers at SHOT this year and came away very impressed with the 535. I'm not a big fan of single stage precision triggers, but for those of you who are - give this a try.
In the $200+, the TriggerTech Adaptable Single-Stage adjustable and single-stage Diamond triggers are the top dogs. I run several of each of these, too.
I LOVE my TriggerTechs (a few 3.5 lb Competitive and an AR10 Adaptable) for precision rifles. The take-up in the first stage is super short, almost like a tuned 1911, and the break is so smooth & crisp that it feels lighter than advertised. TT is my top choice for my precision rifles these days.

The LaRue MBT-2S is what I put in my general purpose guns. The wide face, positive reset, and clean break make it the perfect duty trigger that can handle precision work when needed. It's 90% as good as the Geissele SSA for almost half the cost. For the same money as the SSA, Geissele's SSA-E makes a more compelling case over the LaRue. But then you're getting close to TriggerTech money.

Last edited:
I have the trigger tech diamond gold (Black Friday) single stage ar-15 trigger and it will not run in my 6 Arc JP rifle… I think the hammer is riding up on the light mass carrier and causing the gun to short stroke. Super sad because the trigger is definitely as good as it gets with break and reset for precision and match shooting. Anyone else have this issue?

The new TT duty trigger is the best trigger for the money.
Tell me (us) more about this. Been very interested in these since they were released, especially since they supposedly have a more positive reset than their other lines. Very little information out yet.

There's a guy with a 6.5 creedmoor gas gun that comes out to the local match. He's got a Timney Calvin trigger in the gun and doubles the damned thing at least once on every stage. He said he talked to Timney and they said to send it back for a new one. He did. Sure enough, first shot of first stage of the last match "Po-pop!!" He jumps off the trigger like he's trying to shoot singles from a full auto. Whatever you choose, make sure of your competency.
That happens a lot even in 3 gun. Guys coming from shooting bolt guns think AR triggers should break with no creep buy the wrong enclosed drop in triggers .
I tried some Rise triggers that were said to have been made for 3 gun, they will double and triple and sometimes catch at half way, then there isn't enough force to set the primer off. I still use Geissele sd-3G, SSA-E and the national match.

The new TT duty trigger is the best trigger for the money.

This x1,000.

I can’t tell a difference between this and the old standard Competitive model (I’ve got one of those, a couple Adaptables, and one Diamond so I’m familiar with the line). It’s like getting one of those at half off. Can’t believe how they do this for the price. The sale-price Geissele G2S used to be my got-to in this price range but I like the TT Duty more from a feel & reset perspective.

I have 2 of these now (purchased for $99 and $103 on two different sales), both 2-stage, so it’s probably not just a lucky sample thing either. Only reason to spend more is to get a lower pull weight, a different feel, or if you’re just not a fan of enclosed triggers.

Tell me (us) more about this. Been very interested in these since they were released, especially since they supposedly have a more positive reset than their other lines. Very little information out yet.
I have the single stage. Everything about it is standard TT feel except they added a pronounced reset feel to it. Breaks at a set 3.5 lbs. was told they were able to get the price down by using a different housing instead of a CNC housing like the Diamond.

I have the single stage. Everything about it is standard TT feel except they added a pronounced reset feel to it. Breaks at a set 3.5 lbs. was told they were able to get the price down by using a different housing instead of a CNC housing like the Diamond.

Good point on the reset: I said earlier that it’s basically the same as the standard TT 3.5lb offering but you’re right that the reset is both more audible and more tactile. Not a big change to me but fits with the “Duty” angle I guess.

Reactions: drewthebrave
Good point on the reset: I said earlier that it’s basically the same as the standard TT 3.5lb offering but you’re right that the reset is both more audible and more tactile. Not a big change to me but fits with the “Duty” angle I guess.
Excellent. I will have to give one a try. The weaker reset has been my only complaint. I still own 2.

Anyone tried the new AR Gold fixed trigger? I'm curious about that to replace my TTU 2 Stage in a RECCE. The Wilson trigger just isn't doing it for me.

Recently ordered a LaRue mbt but it was backordered with no estimate on delivery. Found out after I ordered it. So, called up a friend of mine that happens to own the local gun shop to see if he had or could still get the RRA national match two stage that I have in another rifle. It's a good trigger, so good in fact that I have a tough time telling it and my SSA-E apart.

Anyway, ended up going with a two stage flat faced triggertech duty. They claim 3.5lbs but mine came in at 3lbs 10oz. Short take up, clean break, and a surprisingly nice reset for a two stage trigger. For $117, it's probably my trigger of choice going forward.

Previously I'd been using pof single stage drop ins. They're not bad, break pretty clean, super short reset. So short in fact I've doubled a shot too many times. Shooting my wife's rifle yesterday I could swear it let one go on the reset. Never repeated it but I'm leary of it now and it'll probably get replaced with another triggertech.

Reactions: stilesg57
I've got the Triggertech Diamond Single Stage Trigger Adjustable on my SOLGW M4 76 13.7" & it runs like a Swiss watch..
I've got it set at 1.5 pounds, & it's just super fun. Talk about nice double taps.
20230509_111536.jpg
20230515_224902.jpg

Brownells has the 1-Stage Diamond on sale for $160 right now. Not getting a better deal than this anywhere.

Absolutely cannot beat it. I called Triggertech & they said it's the exact same trigger as my Blue one pictured above. He also told me that the Green ones were for Brownells exclusively to sell then what they wanted to for. He was shocked when I told him the price. Heck, even with a 10% off code mine still cost me $290 shipped to the house. I did order this one too, and it was $178 to my door. That's a helluva good price for that trigger!

Reactions: stilesg57
Why is that Brownells trigger green instead of blue? Also why is the regular price so much less then the blue diamond? Seems the same but it doesn’t at the same time.

Edited… my answers above, thanks

Reactions: paulL01
Why is that Brownells trigger green instead of blue? Also why is the regular price so much less then the blue diamond? Seems the same but it doesn’t at the same time.

Edited… my answers above, thanks
Lol, I know right! That's why I called Triggertech. I thought, what the hell?

Absolutely cannot beat it. I called Triggertech & they said it's the exact same trigger as my Blue one pictured above. He also told me that the Green ones were for Brownells exclusively to sell then what they wanted to for. He was shocked when I told him the price. Heck, even with a 10% off code mine still cost me $290 shipped to the house. I did order this one too, and it was $178 to my door. That's a helluva good price for that trigger!
If Brownells can make money a $160, customers are getting bent over a barrel at $290+…

Wow supprised this thread survives.

Anyway my favorite trigger on my best lower is a two stage NM trigger.
My son put it in a jig and put stones to it.

Take up pull is next to nada, smooth and just past 1/8.
The break at 2 1/2 lbs is smooth.
Over travel is noticable 1/8 ish but reset is short and distinct.

Lost track of that jig unfortunately. Sad

Only other trigger I own that feels as good is a hand worked 1911 45 acp.

Best deal out there on a cassette style trigger.....bar none.
Sold out right now, but they'll come back in soon enough.
It's also the best kept secret in triggers.
So, you guys didn't hear it from me.

Already installed it. Wicked nice trigger.
Hands down the best trigger I've everEdit pulled to include bolt guns and pistols/revolvers
Well, the Robert Burke tuned German MasterShop Sig I had and my '77 S&W 27-2 single stage are as nice. All ZERO creep
It's awesome
*Edit* actually, the Green Brownells exclusive trigger is serrated while the Triggertech Blue is smooth. Neat....

Last edited:
Got the Green one installed today on my Angry Patriot (the Blue is on my Soul Snatcher) lol, it's like havin 2 Ferraris, one Blue one Green - the Green Brownells Exclusive really is just exactly like the Blue...save the serrated trigger pad of the Green - the Blue is smooth.
Both, are just so damn nice. You can go from 4 pounds to below 1.5 pounds....

Last edited:
I will say that I have yet to have an issue with my hiperfire and I have put many rounds down range with the rifle that it’s in! It’s very smooth and crisp. Not super light, but lighter than milspec, and the reset is fanominal.
@bigjake83 let me shoot his two staged Triggertech Diamond (I believe it was the Diamond). That trigger has a phenomenal break, but I’m picky when it comes to my trigger reset in precision AR’s.

I want to feel, and if possible, hear that “click,” and that Diamond was extremely light on the reset. I had to really focus on trying to determine whether I had achieved the reset or not. Also, it was a two stage, so I continued my search.

From previous experience, I knew the Calvin Elite was out (Timney tech informed me that their CE’s weren’t meant for large frames gassers), had tried the AR Gold, and Triggertech informed me their single stage Diamond won’t be available until about June 2024. I’ve used several different after-market AR triggers, and wanted something different so I gave the Hiperfire ECLipse a shot.

Hiperfire states the ECLipse is adjustable from 2.5-4.5lbs. I must’ve gotten lucky because mine is consistently breaking at 1.7lbs. I wouldn’t have minded the 2.5lbs, but I’m loving the 1.7 LOL!!

I’ve only got 30 rounds through my newly barreled JP LRP-07, but thus far, I am loving the Hiperfire. They’re a bit unconventional with their installation, but once my dumb ass figured it out, it wasn’t a big deal.

I’d definitely recommend them for anyone wanting a single stage trigger for a large frame AR.

You bastards, at that price I couldn't resist. $315 shipped with discounts (x2)
And I still haven't done anything with the 2 G2S I grabbed at Xmas for $91 each.

So far I been mostly using Larue MB2-TS, happy with those, tried a strait bow, not really a fan.
I also bought a G HSNM used, happy with that.

I also have a JP, but I need to see which model. I got that ages ago after the RR 2 stage was just a slipping mess. It has a good break.

• Haha
Hahahahahahahahaha you got sucked in like me. I have jp in all my rifles but my one precision ar I felt like I needed better. That’s what I took out for this green triggertech and man is it freekin nice. Glad I got sucked in. I’ll leave the jp triggers in my others though, think as them not being built for precision the jp is a great trigger for all around use and durability. The jp has an awesome feel and break but it dam sure is not a triggertech diamond and I know that now!

You bastards, at that price I couldn't resist. $315 shipped with discounts (x2)
And I still haven't done anything with the 2 G2S I grabbed at Xmas for $91 each.

So far I been mostly using Larue MB2-TS, happy with those, tried a strait bow, not really a fan.
I also bought a G HSNM used, happy with that.

I also have a JP, but I need to see which model. I got that ages ago after the RR 2 stage was just a slipping mess. It has a good break.
Congratulations. Hang to ya saddlehorn son, these babies are Feraris. 😃

Reactions: JohnCarter17
Hahahahahahahahaha you got sucked in like me. I have jp in all my rifles but my one precision ar I felt like I needed better. That’s what I took out for this green triggertech and man is it freekin nice. Glad I got sucked in. I’ll leave the jp triggers in my others though, think as them not being built for precision the jp is a great trigger for all around use and durability. The jp has an awesome feel and break but it dam sure is not a triggertech diamond and I know that now!
Yeah, I am thinking I have 3 tiers of triggers now

Precision Tier (for my precision/Lilja barreled builds)
TT Diamond, G HSNM

VG 2 stage
Larue MB2-TS, G G2S

Rest
JP, BCM/PNT/ALG

Reactions: drewthebrave
Yeah, I am thinking I have 3 tiers of triggers now

Precision Tier (for my precision/Lilja barreled builds)
TT Diamond, G HSNM

VG 2 stage
Larue MB2-TS, G G2S

Rest
JP, BCM/PNT/ALG
I've take it one step further: LaRue is my base trigger and TriggerTech is for dedicated precision.

Trickle down economics means my brother will get my ALGs. I also think I'll be trading my straight bow TTs for curved.

Took the plunge on the Brownells TT Diamond - for $160 shipped, it was too hard to pass up. I like my Rise Armament Rave 140, but will be nice to drop below 3.5 lbs.

Have you noticed a unusual amount of drag on your BCG when manually charging?? The last two TT I've ordered required removing material from the hammer face.

View attachment 8163334View attachment 8163333
No sir. At least not yet anyways. Of course, I haven't put too many rounds thru/with it yet. Also, I have the Blue & Green Single Stage versions. Not sure if that would make a difference though.
I'll keep checking & keep ya posted though.

No sir. At least not yet anyways. Of course, I haven't put too many rounds thru/with it yet. Also, I have the Blue & Green Single Stage versions. Not sure if that would make a difference though.
Same here - I have a blue single stage diamond and the adaptable. Neither have the feel of excessive drag when manually charging.

Yeah my newest AR-10 diamond two stage that went into my JP -LRI-20 had to have material relieved off of the hammer face and my new AR-15 single stage diamond that is in my newest Seekins small frame had the same issue to the point they were almost locking the BCG up. There is a distinct difference between the TT Diamond two stage and single stage, on the single stage the hammer has to go down much further to fully reset the disconnector.

When I contacted TT they told me just to do what I have to do to get it running smoothly and if they end up shitting the bed they'll address it. Obviously this isn't something that you can do with a dremel so I wouldn't recommend it unless you have the proper tools for the job.

Last edited:
Yeah my newest AR-10 diamond two stage that went into my JP -LRI-20 had to have material relieved off of the hammer face and my new AR-15 single stage diamond that is in my newest Seekins small frame had the same issue to the point they were almost locking the BCG up. There is a distinct difference between the TT Diamond two stage and single stage, on the single stage the hammer has to go down much further to fully reset the disconnector.

When I contacted TT they told me just to do what I have to do to get it running smoothly and if they end up shitting the bed they'll address it. Obviously this isn't something that you can do with a dremel so I wouldn't recommend it unless you have the proper tools for the job.
Wow. Thanks for letting me know.
I'll let everyone know if I have any problems.
So far, it's been golden.
My rifle is a Son's of Liberty Gun Works M4-76 13.7

Last edited:

I’m guessing you used a flat stone to remove material?

I've got a SOLGW Liberty Fighting trigger. It's a nice step up from the basic, so likely similar to the ALG. Big Tex Ordinance had then for 50% off a bit back. Nothing super amazing, but for the $40-70 range it's nice.